Home

Gold!! (Release Date: March 1st)

Sifandor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the quality of the service. I know in the past many folks have complained that they got a game they pre-ordered the day after it came out in stores in their area.

It all depends. And no, I don't know if they ordered directly from LucasArts or someplace else.

It's a gamble. I don't see the point in pre-ordering if they don't get it to you on time (unless there's going to be some shortage, but that shouldn't happen), but nobody's perfect.

Originally posted by Nokill

i know someone ho works at a store that sells games he can get the game's for me 1 or 2 days bevore thay are out and also cheaper then in store's and preorderd one's :D

Not a good idea, usually, if you play online before the original release, you can get your CD Key banned.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Not a good idea, usually, if you play online before the original release, you can get your CD Key banned.

Yeah, isn't that what Epic did with UT2k4? Something about letting people play pirated copies of the game for a month or something, and then they cracked down and banned all those keys from the servers (since it logged everyone who joined). Ouch...

cool I wonder if it will be like clone start out with clone weapons and trandoshans start out with trandoshan weapons.....or you have to go pick some up or something.... I hope that there will not be a ginormous inbalancae between trndoshans and clones.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yeah, isn't that what Epic did with UT2k4? Something about letting people play pirated copies of the game for a month or something, and then they cracked down and banned all those keys from the servers (since it logged everyone who joined). Ouch...

It was even worse with Valve. When people with pirated games logged onto Steam, they banned their IP from Stem forever. So now there are plenty of people who can never play any Valve game again.

I can understand them being pissed, but I think I'd give them "another chance" with a future game, because maybe they'd have learned their lesson by then.

Still, Valve has made a grand total of what, two online games? Half Life and Half Life 2. And considering how long it takes them to release anything it'll be a long time.

By then the banned pirate would likely have a new ISP and thus a new IP.

Unless you're on AOL. I imagine it wouldn't be long before somebody got AOL banned from Valve's games forever...

Why would you play a huge online game with dial-up? Why would someone pirate a game on dial-up? That'd take forever.

And why should the pirate get a second chance? He/She broke the game makers rules, they don't deserve a second chance at the game. Plus they're lucky Valve doesn't report them. That is their "second chance"

Archived