Home

Firefox problems

LightNinja

Originally posted by coupes.

So... you guys mean that IE does not actually create the pop-ups and the ads ? :eek: I always thought this browser was so evil and so bad it actually attacked itself. :rolleyes:

lolzrz....

I read in Scientific American that

...The dreaded iexplore.exe was initially a blood borne viral mutation, most likely originating in monkeys in Africa. It was spread from a monkey to a pc, when a monkey peed on a external modem at an (undisclosed) African university LAN party, where African uni kids were h4XXoRing games and leeching DVDs/Mp3s...

the subsequent plague is the result of this. Firefox has only so much potency against such a menace :(:p

Many believe this development is an act from a much higher power, due to the corrupt uses the internet is generally put to... :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Lady Jedi

While we're on the subject: I have the adblock extension, but unless I manually 'adblock image or iframe', they still show up. And if I use a wildcard like an '*' , then it blocks all sorts of stuff that doesn't need to be. Is there a way to get around this or not?

If you mean you don't want to block most things manually, I suggest this:

Adblock Filterlist

Check -instructions.txt for info on installing it.

Though after using Adblock for a while, I find there are very few ads that show up any more if you block all that you see with wildcard filters...

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

If you mean you don't want to block most things manually, I suggest this:

Adblock Filterlist

Check -instructions.txt for info on installing it.

Though after using Adblock for a while, I find there are very few ads that show up any more if you block all that you see with wildcard filters...

Awesome! I followed the instructions on that page, and there are no more ads. YAY! :D

:sheepdanc :sheepdanc

Originally posted by InsaneSith

adblock

for your history stuff. Go to options -> Privacy -> Saved form information, unclick the box.

That works great, but when you want it like normal and don't want your parents accidentally seeing proof that you have been Googling "naughty" things. Just right click on the search window, and there is a option to erase your stuff.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Admakers are getting around Firefox code.

Uhhg, I knew it would happen, too. Like that stupid smilies ads infecting the entire internet, that gets through.

TiE

Archived