Home

Help! My computer is completely screwed

Reborn Outcast

ok this all started when i held down shift for eight seconds now my shift key does not work i cant type in capital letters my enter key does not work my caps lock punctuation and shift keys are dead my up and down arrows only highlight things my scroll button on my mouse closes browser windows help is there anything i can do or any reason why this happened and everyone im real sorry for the no punctuation or capital letters but my keyboard wont let me use them

Hell, that is strange. well I'm not holding down shift for 8 seconds.

Firstly, have you restarted your PC, if yes then some setting has changed and it is not just a tempory glitch.

Do you have a virus scanner? it could well be a virus doing these strange things.

Um, I'm all outa Ideas for now.

(oh and it ain't sticky keys, you turn that on by pressing shift 5 times in a row)

Originally posted by kipperthefrog

stick the keyboard in the dish washer and let it dry if it is dirty. I know this sounds crazy, but my dad's friend is a computer fixing MASTER. he suggest that

You might also consider replacing the keyboard.

:rofl:

The keys are not actually sticky... Sticky keys are mostly used by people who have motor impairments that make it difficult to press combinations of keys. Activating sticky keys basically holds modifiers keys (shift, control, etc.) down for you.

Originally posted by BongoBob

IG, you seem to do that alot don't you :p

lolzrz

... IG is the compy mess up and reformat KING :D

I was much that same when a youngster. I put my commodore amiga through terrible ordeals,,,and they were much harder to fix back then, with no internet to help :(

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Man, legameboy used to be cool before he became all Mac happy :(

That's not true! Legameboy never was cool!:p he he

I didn't know about the sticky key thing until I was given a boxed set of 5 or 6 pinball games. These games were made before "sticky keys," so they used shift for the flippers.:headbump Oh well, I don't like pinball that much anyway.

Originally posted by narfblat

That's not true! Legameboy never was cool!:p he he

I didn't know about the sticky key thing until I was given a boxed set of 5 or 6 pinball games. These games were made before "sticky keys," so they used shift for the flippers.:headbump Oh well, I don't like pinball that much anyway.

You can disable them, but I don't know how.

Someone at work managed to switch sticky keys on at one of our tills. Unfortunately, the program used on the tills runs in fullscreen, so I couldn't access the control panel to switch it off - nor could I use the usual keyboard shortcuts.

In the end we had to pull out the power cable from some stupid inaccessible place in order to start from scratch.

No-one ever owned up to doing it - hardly surprising, given the queue of customers left waiting at the end :p

Archived