Home

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Darth333

(update 24-Jul-07)

v2.0.6 Incorporates improvement from glovemaster to show XOrientation and YOrientation (rather than simply Orientation). This should prove more useful for those doing module editing. details in this thread

Given that the cheat console in TSL is invisible, the whereami cheat cannot be used. This armband will allow you to get the coordinates of your main PC and make new areas. Also with fb.exe you have the possibility possibility to output the "whereami" coordinates printed in your "Message logs" to a .txt file so there is no more need for pen and paper.

Very useful for making mods such as new areas, spawning npcs, placeables, etc. (if you don;t make mods, this armband will be pretty useless to you unless you are a passionate of geography)

Huge thanks to Beancounter for pointing out the FloatToString function which allows printing the coordinates. Thanks to him, new areas in TSL are now possible.

Download here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#ae

How to use:

1. to get the armband, use the following cheat code:

giveitem d3_location

2. Then go to your equip screen and equip the WHEREAMI ARMBAND

3. Activate at the location you want to get the coordinates. It will also tell you the tags and distances of the nearest Creature, Placeable, Trigger, Waypoint, and Door (which you choose to open if you like).

4. Go to your Messages screen and click on "Message logs"

5. The coordinates will appear in the feedback screen

6. Save you game

7. Launch fb.exe by double clicking on it and select your savegame, located by default in:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves

and select the directory to which you want to output the txt file with the coordinates.

Screenshot

==============================================

INSTALLATION:

1. Create a new folder called Override in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the files following files to your override folder:

- d3_getloc.dlg

- d3_location.ncs

- d3_location.uti

- d3_nearest.ncs

- d3_opendoor.ncs

- spells.2da

The source code (.nss) files has been included.

3. Extract fb.exe to any location on your hard drive

INSTALLATION (no dialog):

This installation method will suppress the dialog and print the information directly to your Feedback screen. This may be preferable is Orientation/Bearing is critical to you since the dialog camera sometimes affects these values. The drawback from this installation is that you will not be able to force open doors.

1. Create a new folder called Override in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 directory.

2. Extract the files following files to your override folder:

- d3_getlocation.ncs

- d3_location.uti

- spells.2da (Note that this mod will be incompatible with any other mod using the spells.2da file.

The source code (.nss) files has been included.)

3. Extract fb.exe to any location on your hard drive

=======================================

Compatibility issues:

Note that this mod will be incompatible with any other mod using the spells.2da file: If you want to make it compatible with other mods using the spells.2da files, just copy line 282 of spells.2da and paste it to a new row. Then open d3_location.uti and go to:

PropertiesList ->Subtype and enter the new row number.

Uninstall:

Delete the files from your overide directory

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Drazin

They are quite amazing.

A skill I believe I will never possess, even in the smallest capacity. Code and stuff is greek to me.

So all the people that make mods and models have tons of respect from me.

Drazin:

I didn't know anything about modding when Kotor 1 came out. I was really a total n00b and it was even worse than greek: it was chinese to me (no offense to possible Chinese people on these boards: I speak quite a few languages but I don't understand chinese at all). Just try and you'll see: it's not difficult ;) ...and from what I can see from the sigs you make, you could make great reskins!

(no offense to possible Chinese people on these boards: I speak quite a few languages but I don't understand chinese at all)

None Taken :D, great mod Darth333, I will most likely find this very helpful... wink wink, or it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

I'd try, I mean I learned to Photoshop through trial and error. But I wouldnt even know where to start. What programs do ya'll use to make these Saber hilts and stuff? I could do it in Photoshop for the look, but an actual 3D model? Thats beyond me. 3dsmax I hear tossed around alot, but isnt that like a couple thousand dollars?

Anyways,

The code stuff I know I can't do. But modelling, I might be good at if I had the right software. *Shrug* I'll just leave it in your capable hands. And continue to be amazed.

Originally posted by aluuannn

what does this mean really? i thought we could make areas without this...am I missing somthing?

When you make a new area or when you want to place a placeable or a npc somewhere in the game, you have to get the coordinates of the location of where you want to spawn them. In KotOR 1 we could use the whereami cheat and it would give us the coordinates. Once you have those coordinates, you can put them in a script or in the .git file.

However, in Kotor 2, the cheat console is invisible and we cannot get those coordinates when we type the whereami cheat code. This armband replaces the whereami cheat and prints the coordinates in the message logs :)

To Darth333: Ya know? I was thinking that -Maybe- there might be away to get the WhereAmI message to pop up like a Datapad from a first time pickup.

It must be a script researved somewhere that tells the game to activate the Data message when it's picked up from a drop. If that is infact a script, then it might be possible to some how incorperate it into your WhereAmI mod. So instead of looking for it in the Dialogue list, it would be right up front in the game..

Just a crazy Idea...;)

Thank you Darth333!!! :D... And thank you beancounter!!!

:worship:

Originally posted by aluuannn

what does this mean really? i thought we could make areas without this...am I missing somthing?

The 'whereami' code is not only vital to making new areas it is the proverbial key!

Plus what Darth333 said too! ;)

Got a problem Darth333,

I can get the armband and when I use it, I get the on screen message, the combat area shows me activating the armband, but nothing comes up in my messages area... no coordinates? :confused:

Edit: Added the part in Italics.

Edit II: I just tried to start a new game and still no go?

Originally posted by Darth333

ok I uploaded a new package as you would have run into trouble anyways: I had forgotten to set up the charges to illimitate :rolleyes:

I tested the new version and it works fine for me.

Let me know how it turns out.

I just downloaded and tested, and it works perfect on the Xbox too. That's awsome because now, I no longer have to look at the .git file to borrow the all coordenents from the corpses anymore..

Yay!!

Oh yeah, Thanks for adding all the Source scripts to your whereami mod so that way I can add it in to only one spells.2da, for all Armband mods I download or create..

Thankyou Darth333 <----- Everybody thank her!!!

Hey Darth333, would you be able to modify this wonderful tool to provide the name of the module you are in when it prints as well? This might be helpful. Unless of course you are working on a warping/spawning armband for TSL release anyday now in which case if you incorporated this into the armband that would be even better especially if in the armband you had the module file name right next to the module description.

Beyond that a big, "Thank You" goes out to you for this.

I don't think I'll incorporate this armband with the warping armband. However, I could release a package with the two armbands: one for warping and one for getting the coordinates.

The main reason is that I want the "Whereami" amrband to be easy and quick to use. Entering into a dialogue each time you activate the armband to get the coordinates would be annoying. I'll see hwat I can do for the rest (I don't have nwscript with me right now).

Edit: sorry Leviathan but that's not possible.

Originally posted by Darth333

I don't think I'll incorporate this armband with the warping armband. However, I could release a package with the two armbands: one for warping and one for getting the coordinates.

The main reason is that I want the "Whereami" amrband to be easy and quick to use. Entering into a dialogue each time you activate the armband to get the coordinates would be annoying. I'll see hwat I can do for the rest (I don't have nwscript with me right now).

Edit: sorry Leviathan but that's not possible.

Thanks that would be great. That had actually donned on me but I figured to throw it out there just incase as a tertiary feature to the armband or more as a question in case you had planned something like that.

I suppose you can make it the modders toolkit and have it able to be picked up in the medlab on peragus so we don't have to cheat to get the 2 or more item tools we will need to mod like madmen, women, & "Evil Darth Moderator types" on fire.:p

Archived