Home

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Darth333

Hi Miltiades,

It's been long time since I looked at the fb.exe code but I'm sure there aren't any limits built in to the code behind the armband. Were your outputs all in the same area or did you change areas?

And hey, it's fine to bump threads in this forum. :thumbsup: Glad to know the tools are still coming in handy.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I remember well there was indeed a limit but as tk mentioned it is not in fb.exe. I'd have to verify.

Really? If there's a limit, you didn't code it -- the armband simply invokes the SendMessageToPC function -- there's no way for the armband to deliberately overwrite previous outputs. The fb.exe reads from the partytable.res file's "PT_FB_MSG_LIST" list field, writing out the text of every field in the list it finds between the 'whereami output' demarcations.

:giveup: There must be some feature in the game that prevents partytable.res from bloating up with messages from the entire game.

If you're just looking to get the PC's location and you don't care about the nearest door, placeable, etc -- you could comment out some lines in d3_location.nss main function (the ones that begin with GetTagAndDistance) and recompile it. This would save space in your partytable.res file for more PC location entries.

If you're getting 6 whereami outputs now, and each time you invoke the band it generates 9 calls to SendMessageToPC -- that's 54 text fields written to partytable.res. If you comment out the 5 GetTagAndDistance lines, that would mean the band would only generate 4 calls to SendMessageToPC, so you should be able to get about 13 whereami outputs into the same space that way (13 outputs*4 fields per output). If you decide to also comment out the module name, you could get up to 18 whereami outputs (18*3=54).

In theory, the demarcations could be made more effeciently and fb.pl could be rewritten to use only a single field to record the player's position.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...

could someone help me please?

i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR

sorry for bumping this, but i've run into a problem...

i downloaded the armband, and i can get it ingame, but when i equip it, and go to feedback, i see a message saying the whereami arm band has been equipped but no coordenance...

could someone help me please?

i can't finish my mod without this!

~DR

Hello DarthRiddick... first, you are certainly welcome to bump any thread in this forum or in the Taris Upper City Emporium. In fact, it's necessary to do to get questions about specific tools or mods answered.

Now, pardon me while I ask a stupid question. Did you 'activate' the armband after you equipped it? :)

Also, is the spells.2da file in your override?

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Oh god. i am such an idiot... ... ... ... ...

i never thought about activating it ingame...

seriously, i can't believe i didn't think about that before.

thanks tk102, if you hadn't asked that "stupid" question, i might Never have gotten it working. >_< ^_^

thanks again!

~DR

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Hak Pad uses its own scripts/dialogs which are based on a previous release of this mod. If you have questions about the Hak Pad usage you can ask them here. I see there is a Hak Pad fix for the whereami armband available in the first post of that thread, so that might be a good starting point to investigate. Otherwise, you can download this mod and use it directly.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
only 2 questions. can i download this for an XBox version?

If you mod your box, and if it works, then sure.

and can it take you into an area not in the game say Ajunta Pauls tomb?

You can't warp into an area that doesn't even exist in the game files. It only exists in K1, not TSL.

Archived