Home

Whereami Armband v.2.0.6 + coordinates extractor, object lister, door opener

Darth333

Darth333 thank you for making this... but just one question though.. well maybe more than one :p

when i open a git file it shows a few things for orientation

http://www.imagemonster.org/getimg/gitfile.gif

one is for x orientation and one for Y Orientation... but your armband only shows one field for orientation is this x or y ... and if its for just one can you make it where itll show you both?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My armband will give you the XOrientation. I never really bothered with the YOrientation as this value rarely changes when you look at the exiting .git files...and honestly, I don't really know what it visually changes in the game, especially for creatures :confused: Perhaps someone who has played with this value can tell us...

New version uploaded! v. 2.0.2

The script has been modified to convert degrees in radians so that you will now be able to get the bearing in the output and not just the orientation in degrees. This will facilitate the positioning of placeables in the .git file.

Sample output:

Beginning whereami output:
Module: 601dan
> 365.64645
> 138.08188
> 6.70874
> Orientation: 106.80502
> Bearing: 1.86410

End of whereami output

Download link is in the first post (or just click the banner at the top of these forums).

Originally posted by sketch42

is it possible to get the armband to display the last script fired??

please say yes........ please say yes.......... please say yes

There is no way to display a script "as is" but you can insert debugging functions in your script (you don't need the armband for this). Check this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125847

• 1 month later...

Hello,

With the permission of Darth333, I've updated this armband's dialog. It will now also tell you the tag and distance of the nearest Creature, Placeable, Trigger, Waypoint, and Door. You can then choose to force open the nearest door.

These appear in normal dialog, not in the Feedback screen. (To make them appear in the feedback screen, uncomment the commented sections in d3_getloc.nss and recompile.)

• 2 weeks later...

An infuriated T7Nowhere informed me of an issue with v2.0.3's Orientation/Bearing readout. Steam spouted from his ears as he explained that these readings seemed to be affected by the initiation of the extended dialog.

As a workaround, I've updated the scripts so that nearest objects are written immediately to the Feedback screen. I've also added instructions on how to install this mod without any dialog at all. (This latter method quenched T7Nowhere's fiery wroth.)

Originally posted by tk102

An infuriated T7Nowhere informed me of an issue with v2.0.3's Orientation/Bearing readout. Steam spouted from his ears as he explained that these readings seemed to be affected by the initiation of the extended dialog.

As a workaround, I've updated the scripts so that nearest objects are written immediately to the Feedback screen. I've also added instructions on how to install this mod without any dialog at all. (This latter method quenched T7Nowhere's fiery wroth.)

wroth? Do you mean wrath?

Thank you for the fix though TK. I would think it might be hard seeing steam come out of T7's ears with that helmet on though. By the way has anybody noticed how T7 looks like Mandalore?:p

Edit tk102: Um Yes, wrath. T7 scared my noun into an adjective.

• 2 months later...

The armband has been updated to fix a bug that would prevent the bearing and orientation to display correctly (more details in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150339 )

I just fusionned the script that gets the coordinates and the script that fires the .dlg together.

Download: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#ae

When I created 'DAP: I', I drew out levels, and set up coordinates. The Whereami Armband works like a charm. Thanks Darth333Lady. Yes! I did not know this existed untill I saw the thread.. lol... I am so slow some times... lol... :)

All hail Darth333 the :queen queen.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if someone has mentioned this, but when I use the "Where Am I Band', my character records the orientation or bearing from the oposite direction. I was wondering if this was fixed, or if this is something new?

Either way! I still think this is one of the coolest utilities made!

• 2 months later...

Archived