Home

ending discussion (spoilers of course)

modru2004

i just beat the game dark side ending. this has gotta be one of the most anticlimatic endings ive seen. nothing happens. the whole "mysterious" plot builds up to

you killing kreia and standing int he center of malakor 5. then credits role. so um yea what happens?

anyone else feel like the plot is incomplete. the plot was great up til the end. it seemed like it was building momentum and interesting was gonna happen, but bam, end and noting happened. it was like the entire point of the game was to

kill kreia and continue your life as a sith, or a jedi, depending on your choices.

nothing special really. im not the onlyone that feels that way am i?

Remember to use Spoiler Tags.

But anyways...

...most would agree that the whole ending(or game, for that matter) was a big setup for KoTOR 3!!! :)

So I understand how you felt. And you're definitely not alone.

Big buildup....Hey, the Exiles gonna follow Revan beyond the Outer Rim!..... *credits*:eek:

Actually I thought the ending was appropriate given the rest of the plot. And no, that's not a compliment.

The entire game,

you spend without any real goal. Very few sidequests give a modicum of resolution, and with Kreia hounding over your every move and pointing out how acts of charity sometimes cause bad results what little satisfaction you may get from some of your quests is shot to pieces. Your character's only goals for continueing through the storyline are 1) the perpetual 'leveling up' from all RPGs, and 2) to figure out what the heck is going on. When you finish the game, you learn that finding out what the heck is going on is all there is to it. Not only that, but you STILL don't really know what the heck is going on. You only have a taste of it. I'm fine with leaving some loose ends at the end of a story, or starting you off confused and lost, but the way this game does it you have no sense of accomplishment at all. It's just not a good story progression, for a game. Movies, sure ... because they're not interactive. You're watching someone else accomplish nothing, rather than accomplishing nothing yourself.

Overall, I wasn't pleased with the story, from beginning to end. If you're trying to lead up to a sequel you can do it a lot better than this. I *do* like the darker feel to it, though. If I didn't know better I'd say this was a Black Isle game.... ;)

And about the spoiler tags, someone might read the thread to see what others' opinions are before they play it (or perhaps before they buy it), but don't want to actually know the specifics of it.

Venom:

You can have more than one trained as a Jedi at the same time, yes. In my first run through I had the Handmaiden, Bao Dur and Atton Rend all as Jedi. I never got enough influence with Mira, but i didn't get her until late and never really took her adventuring with me.

Ok... i haven't beaten the game yet (will after work tonight, i just got to

the telos station attack

and quite frankly... i've been VERY disappointed throughout the game with the amount of dialogue you get from the rest of your group. It's more or less 1 bit of dialogue that simply does an influence check to see if you get the whole thing.

In Kotor at least it was spread out and you learned more about the characters throughout the game. Sure there were a few things like that in Kotor2 but not near as many.

I still never got Kreia to answer the question about

"Did you know Revan?"

I even used TK's new version of KSE to get 100 INF with her and still failed the influence check. Is it just me? did i miss something to open that bit of dialogue, or is it just bugged?

Overall, I enjoyed the experience of the first game much more. Way too many loose ends right now for me... maybe the game end will explain more than i think it will, but from the sound of it, i'm probably gonna be disappointed...

that question will be answered by the end of the game anyway so i don't even know why the developer's had us worrying about gaining the influence w/her in that particular case. about the only thing she is good for w/ influence is her ability to shape the playable character's unique crystal. (no pun intended) pervs...:rolleyes:

Archived