Home

Kotor Mod Manager v 0.4

cchargin

One thing Cchargin, In KMM for TSL, you might want to add a function to add an override folder into the TSL directory if the user doesn not yet have it. Just a thought!

Yep, already thought of it.

KMM 0.4 is now available! (Feb 13, 2006)

Starwarsknights.com

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

My site:

http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

features:

-keeps track of all your installed mods for Kotor 1 and 2

-keeps your Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 mods seperate

-updated .kmm file format to indicate which version of kotor a mod is for

-when a mod is activated it copies the files to override

-when a mod is de-activated it removes the files from override

-supports mods that put files in places other than override

-checks for conflicts between mods

-mod groups let you activate a bunch of mods with 1 click

-completely compatible with previous kmm files

v0.4 new features:

• Cool new icon
  • Added .erf to mod extensions
  • Added .utd to mod extensions
  • Added .ute to mod extensions
  • Added .bmp to mod extensions
  • Added .gui to mod extensions
  • Added .vis to mod extensions
  • Added .utt to mod extensions
  • Added .utw to mod extensions
  • Added .ssf to mod extensions

Well this is a little late for your latest update but I've been meaning to ask if you could set up KMM to auto detect MOD files as belonging in the modules folder as well as streamwaves and streammusic. It can be a real hassle sometimes when you add some of these mods that have all the extra bells and whistles like areas and sound and music because you have to manually select the folder for each file. Maybe this can make it in 3.0b someday.:D

Hello,

if you could set up KMM to auto detect MOD files as belonging in the modules folder as well as streamwaves and streammusic.

I thought about that.

I have come to the conclusion that the best solution is for the creator of the mod to create and distribute a .kmm file with their mod.

There is just no way for KMM to figure out where a file should go.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Well this is a little late for your latest update but I've been meaning to ask if you could set up KMM to auto detect MOD files as belonging in the modules folder as well as streamwaves and streammusic.

I asked Cchargin about this long ago, and he pointed out that .mod files also can go other places than just the modules directory, I can't serch for the KMM thread as it needs to be 4 characters to search.

But all you need to do is input the path for the particular .mod file in the .KMM file directly. At least that is what I remember Cchargin told me! :p

Edit: Cchargin beat me to it! :D

I think I recall the same thing as well now that might be why I kept put off asking you about it is that something nagged me in the back of the head saying that this had been discussed.

However I must say this is one of the many reasons I like to include KMM's in my mods.

• 1 month later...

hi

you know ive read this thread and cchargin says that kmm copies the mod files into the kotor override but all the mods that i download i activate with kmm but none of them work. im not good in computer terms so does ' each mod must have its own directory ' mean that each mod should be in a separate folder?if not how should it be.id appreciate a lil help here.

(ps : please say it in simple talk too)

Originally posted by Darth Band

hi

you know ive read this thread and cchargin says that kmm copies the mod files into the kotor override but all the mods that i download i activate with kmm but none of them work. im not good in computer terms so does ' each mod must have its own directory ' mean that each mod should be in a separate folder?if not how should it be.id appreciate a lil help here.

(ps : please say it in simple talk too)

Yes they should be in there own seperate folders.

Here is what I do. I have 2 main folders one for KOTOR 1 and one for TSL. They are labeled kotor archives & mods, and TSL archives & mods. Every archived file zip & rar are then copied to these folders depending on which game they are for. I then unpack the archive files and have them create there own subfolder within these folders. I startup KMM and proceed to choose add mod. I locate the new mods folder within the apropriate subdirectory(TSL Archives & mods for my TSL mods in KMM). Once your game is added into KMM's list you click activate mod. it automatically transfers your files to the overide folder for the proper game without fail.

I hope this was simple enough as It can't be made really any simpler.

• 7 months later...

i got the KMM mod manager(because the Qui-Gon head mod didn't cooperate with my new DS heads mod)but when I entered my override directory,nothing showed up.So I selected a random file,and clicked ok then my entire directory is in "inactive".then it wont let me add mods to "active".I'm like ok this is dumb and I delete it.I forgot that inactive mods are removed from your folder,and now my entire override folder is empty!(and it was like 70MB of mods)i restored it from my recylce bin and tried to activate all of them but it doesnt show up!please help if at all possible,i dont even KNOW what some of the mods were,i had so many

P.S yes this was in the Telos area earlier,but then I saw it was in the wrong area

Greetings ImA_JediToo and welcome to LucasForums! - :waive1:

I appreciate your efforts at having tried to post your question in the appropriate forum. However I think your question would have been better served if it had been posted in the Holowan Labs forum. In any case I'll see if I can provide some assistance to you.

Sounds to me like the easiest solution for you would be to start from scratch with KMM. Assuming that you use KMM to manage all of your KotOR mods then I recommend the following steps:

1) Make sure you have all the mods that you want to use stored in their own folder. Each mod's folder should be a sub-folder within the folder where kmm.exe is stored.

2) Make sure your override folder is cleared of all files.

3) In the folder where kmm.exe is held, delete any of the following files that are present. This will basically reset KMM and the next time you launch KMM it will go thru set up just like it did when you first "installed" it on your system

> kmm.conf - stores list of mods "installed" to KMM and whether they're active or not

> installedmods.kmm - holds the location of KotOR directory and your mod directory

> modgroups.kmm - will only be present if you used the KMM feature that allows you to take individual mods and group them, thereby making them act more like one mod

4) Launch KMM and go thru the configuration of game directory and mod directory. Then start adding in your mods again for use. Then activate the mods you want to use in KotOR and you should be good to go.

Should be pretty straightforward. Alternatively you can open up the KMM config files in a text editor like notepad or Wordpad to make your desired changes but that entails a degree of technical aptitude and explanation that I'm not willing to delve into. :D

EDIT: re: using text editor to alter .kmm files - don't do it cuz cchargrin says not to in the readme for KMM... :(

Good luck!

• 5 months later...
I just wonder why the program will still mistake some KOTOR II mods for KOTOR mods, even though some of them come with their own kmm file.

I hate to say this the program does know the difference between Kotor 1 & Kotor 2. That is entirely in the hands of the end-user. If you open it up and aren't paying attention and add a mod to the wrong version of the game then you will need to delete the "KMM" file. The same could be said for those who include KMM files with there mods. However I can speak for myself and Redhawke to the fact that our KMM files are set for the proper games.

• 3 months later...

I was wondering if i could get a little help with KMM.

Im using quite a number of RedHawke's mods *coughnearlyallofthem* for KotoR 1, and i have come across a few issues. I know for a fact that RedHawke makes all of her mods compatable with each other, but KMM ****s a brick when i try to activate them all, because of files with the same name. Is there an overwrite or copy-over function for KMM, because i seriously dont want to go through 20 different Read-mes to find out which files can overwrite which.

If you need a list of mods im using, im more than willing to list them if it helps me get everything running happily. ^_^

Redhawke is a Him not a her. If your going to install a mod you must read the read-me's. In all of Redhawke's K1 mods he has specific install instructions relating to his other mods. Many of them have a simple metal container that can be overwrote for all of the mods. However some of them have 2da files and the instructions included are for the various alternate installs for his mods.

To conclude If you don't want to read the Read-Me then don't bother to install the mod in conjunction with other mods.

• 5 months later...

Well it has been quite a few months since the last post, but I had to say I downloaded the mod manager and it is really awesome. I mean my override folder was a mess and I didn't want to download anymore mods or make any till I organized my folders. Thank you so much, this manager does alot more than I hoped. Again Thanks and great work.

• 6 months later...

That is correct Rgdelta.

@Horsedrowner KMM is not a mod it is actually a mod manager and came long before TSLpatcher was ever introduced. Many of the old K1 mods use KMM and a few of the early TSL mods do so as well meanwhile the patcher has become much more popular with good reason. KMM still required mod users to merge 2da files to make them compatible with different mods while if TSLpatcher is setup properly the end-user doesn't have to do anything.

• 10 months later...

I have a problem with KMM. I downloaded RedHawke's Crimson Sith Templar mod. I added it to the list of mods and pressed activate. I had forgotten that I installed it a while ago, so I just deleted it from the list. I then downloaded RH's Terminator Droid Pack Thing (the one that changes skin), and I pressed add. It then said that I already have that mod installed. I look at the bat file that is happening in the background, and it says that all the mods I try to install are really the Crimson mod. Any help would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Okay I just downloaded it and I'm trying to get it to work but it only says:

Tk:Error: can't open out file

Tk callback for .toplevel2.button3

Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111

<ButtonRelease-1>

<command bound to event>

Help would be appreciated.

Archived