Home

3 years

jokemaster

Well, its been 3 years since I first joined. Okay 3 years and a day, so sue me. I've got an army of lawyers so big I'll countersue badly enough so that I'll get sole ownership of LF, so just try it buddy.

I was lurking all around LF ever since the GB games, but I finally joined, like most, to ask a question. I didn't post much at first, not even a thread announcing my arrival, and as such I wasn't really noticed ever. Although I did make the ocassional witty post here and there, and a large amount of suprisingly stupid and unfunny posts, and a just plain huge amount of posts on the RPG forums, I reached over 1000 posts eventually.

I remember joining, when the sig piccys were cancelled, then much later were brought back, I remember Gonkh8er and how everyone ironically called him Gonk. I remember the LF jedi academy, I remember the whole bat-saber fiasco, Lexx's heroes, the matrix avatar revolution, the versus thread getting made, closed, opened, closed again, opened again, then finally closed. I remember the old alien invasion threads, and a small sneaking suspicion that Insane Sith and Lunatic jedi were in fact the same person. Hell I remember reading some people's posts and thinking Pshh stupid newbs. Now these guys/gals are our moderators.

I remember the Hobglobin posting, a little erratically, and I think I remember him deciding to commit forum suicide for some reason, making 3 spam threads in a row, prompting banning. I remember the extraordinary coincidence of somehow ending up as vice president of 2 of acrylic's ventures, his race for presidency, and something about reviving old threads. This was way back when he was called Acrylic Guitar.

I'm also probably one of the few 'regular' posters here who's never changed his name or av. I've had the same av since the matrix avatar revolution, I've never really gotten around to changing them, and even then it changed very little from my original one, just the matrix thing in the back. Which reminds me, I still look back with irony to those days when we'd replay every single Reloaded trailer, looking for symbols, how in one frame there was a number written on the wall and there was an arguement wether it really meant something or not. All of which was then swept away in the sheer rage wave that came after it was released, with a few people saying it wasn't that bad, but all saying it was disappointed. Which then reminds me of another thread that sparked an arguement about wether the prequels were bad or wether they were good but we just expect too much from them.

Anyway I've made this post far too long than it was supposed to be and far too short to express the joy my time here has given me, and so in closing I'll admit it: I was half drunk when I wrote this and only wrote it as an excuse to get completely drunk. So if you'll excuse me it's time for me to pass out and then act bewildered when I see that I posted this tomorrow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by IG-64

I've been here about half the time as you, an in effect, remembered about half the stuff you've named.

yah me too but also i didnt entered in the swamp since augost of 2004...so i remember everything of editing forums :p (yep there where history there for incredible it seems)

I can't remember any of that stuff. soon to have been here a year now! but not yet. one day, maybe in two years time, I will be able to look back and remember the good 'ole times, the "lucasforums the gathering" thread, the even more pointless beat the picture thread and some other threads that were actualy good, but it is not this day. I may be able to say "I remember when such and such was a N00b" but it is not this day.

Speach end.

Archived