Home

Changes brought by Star Wars KotOR II

Leviathan

Hi all !

I do not have Star Wars KotOR II yet, but before buying it, I would want to know the changes brought by the sequel of the 2003's Game of the Year compared to the original title, like new movements, attacks, available options in dialogs with characters, work-benches and computers, etc...

I hope you'll help me... :D

There's lots, but off the top of my head...

Different animations for each level of feat (e.g. flurry is different than master flurry)

Your skills mean something! There are options in dialogue that only appear if you have a certain number of skill points.

Full sized robes

You can now build items.

This time, the upgrade slots for items to not give preset upgrades. You can get different upgrade items that give different attributes.

Blasters are a lot better (imo)

Influence system

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that was helpful. :)

New Planets

Planets from KOTOR I are different than when you were there before

New Party characters *although a couple of them are from the original game*

More variety of weapons, armor, items, etc

Choices with dark/light influence your journey more

More of a dark/evil feel to the game

Takes place 5 years after the original game and most of the planets look like theyve been shot up pretty bad

Many of the people you interact with are new or different from the ones in the first game

Those are some of the basic things youll encounter.....im sure others can elaborate.

Combat animations are flashier with higher skills/feats.

Jedi Robes are a big plus. This was sorely missed in the first game.

Melee combat is still great but Ranged definitely has been improved. With the proper ranged combat feats, weapons, and upgrades, your gunners can provide outstanding support. The damage they can put out is comparable to the best melee attacks.

There's much more characters. It's a good thing. I wish the game was much longer though, so I can play around with the other characters. By game's end, there's 1-3 characters that were used minimally.

Edit to add: The storyline in KOTORII is superior to the original, IMO. One of the great things during the dialogue is that while KOTOR was definitely black and white, good vs evil, KOTORII had alot more shades of grey.

I miss Jolee Bindo and his sense of humor, however.

For GotGoose? :

You can now build items.

This time, the upgrade slots for items to not give preset upgrades. You can get different upgrade items that give different attributes.

This new system seems to be great ! :D

Could you give me some examples of these upgrades ? (Names, properties, special effects, etc...)

For Darth Smaug :

Advanced upgrading Lightsaber...

Could you explain a bit more this "point", please ?

For DarthVandar205 :

New Party characters *although a couple of them are from the original game*

These known characters are HK-47 and T3-M4, aren't they ?

Also, I think that there's

Canderous Ordo

in Star Wars KotOR II, but I'm not sure...

Thanks to inform me about that !... ;)

For dark jedi 8 :

a much wider variety of species this time around but still minimal changes in alien voice acting ie. it all repeats regularly and sound very similar.

It's interesting... :rolleyes: What are exactly these new species ?

For Warmaker :

I miss Jolee Bindo and his sense of humor, however.

What did you want to say by there ? :confused:

:p Thanks in advance !... :D

Lightsaber upgrades...

3 crystal slots and 3 Parts slots.

6 slots total instead of 3 from Kotor.

Being able to create your own Upgrades for weapons/Armor and lightsabers by using Components.

You can create a Pure Rylith Power Cell which would add like 2-12 damage to a rifle. Or make a Pontite Lens for your lightsaber to increase its damage.

There are ALOT of upgrades you can make, provided you have enough Components and high enough skill in the required area.

As for new Species...

Cannoks and Boma's come to mind, but I am sure there are more if I really think about it.

Lightsaber upgrades...

3 crystal slots and 3 Parts slots.

6 slots total instead of 3 from Kotor.

There are ALOT of upgrades you can make, provided you have enough Components and high enough skill in the required area.

Nice... Very nice... :D

I would just acquire SW : KotOR II for that !... :p

I encountered Sullustians, Trandos, Weequay, Squid face guys (loss for the name...), and a couple others I believe...

Trandoshans were already present in the original Star Wars Knights title, as the "Squid face guys". (Did you mean Quarrens ?)

But to be able to encounter some Weequays or Sullusteans is rather interesting, especially when we know that Weequays and other species are specialized in smuggling.

I think that you can go to Nar Shaddaa (The "Smugglers' Moon"), no ?... :confused:

What he meant is that Jolee is not present in TSL at all, heheh. I didn't think he was funny, but oh well... Heh.

And as for the returning characters...

Yes, they would be HK-47 and T3-M4. Although it takes a long time to recruit HK compared to T3(You'll know what I mean when you first play it, heh. Be sure not to skip the tutorial!).

Archived