Home

Found out why JA+ "features" are so crappy

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

This is totally off subject, but I just want to thank Razorace for all his hard work on OJP and anyone else envolved with it. Hands down, it's the most productive mod in the history of JA.

Thanks Kaan.

*sound of the thread derailing*

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im in a litle nagosiation whit slider on a JA- mod ;)

wjit all options off only the duel stuf set right and normal base stuf in it *no special moves*

an yes the admins make it crappy :mad:

even i can have a nice time in a ja+ server as long there are no admins slapping evryone for nothing

Originally posted by FallenAngel

The players are the ones getting screwed out of the game. I haven't played anywhere but ChopShop for the past half of a year, and that's because I've been banned from servers armed with your crap. If I haven't been banned, it will be because I haven't gone there. I'm convinced that Amidala is the only person who has half of a brain left in this world.

While I agree with much of the sentiment you expressed, and I love Amidala as much as the next person (not in a romantic way mind you, no restraining orders required), I don't think you give us enough credit. There are those of us who DO feel that the "honorz/RPG" faction is completely clueless and mods like sliders are the downfall of the community. My servers have always been of the purist variety, and there is a purist community that exists. Our numbers may even be growing (judging by the amount of people bashing slider/JA+ I've seen lately), who knows?

Don't give up hope. Well, if you do, don't blame everyone for it.

slider is considering removing TWO commands (ampunish and amslay) from the next version of JA+ mod.

I think it is very important that everyone reading this goes to slider's forum immediately, registers, and votes on whether TWO of the abusive commands should be removed http://japlus.fragism.com/gl-bin/forum/

I am not telling anyone how they should vote. If you think those commands (ampunish and amslay) should stay in, then vote your opinion

Also, I don't think it is a good idea to go there and argue or criticize JA+. You will just get your posts deleted and yourself banned. Let your vote, whatever it is, do your talking for you.

It doesn't matter if slider removes the commands. Common sence people, even if slider removes ALL the abusive commands, and all the unbalancing game commands, people will only use the older versions that give them what they want. Why upgrade if they can't slap people, or be superadmin? They won't. They will just stick to the same next abusive version and continue what they were doing.

Originally posted by TK-8252

He's decided that slap and slay will be removed (even though the poll is in favor of keeping them, go figure).

Good decision, Slider. :thumbsup:

Amslap, amslay, and ampunish will be removed. Also, admins won't be able to amtele players to kill zones like lava.

And, the tide has turned. There are now more votes to remove the commands than keep them.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

It doesn't matter if slider removes the commands. Common sence people, even if slider removes ALL the abusive commands, and all the unbalancing game commands, people will only use the older versions that give them what they want. Why upgrade if they can't slap people, or be superadmin? They won't. They will just stick to the same next abusive version and continue what they were doing.

Yes, the abusive admins who are addicted to those commands will resist upgrading, but, as I posted on my own forum

You gotta start somewhere. If he takes out those commands I will praise the next version as the best version of JA+ ever, and it will be true.

Yes our work is far from over, but this is definitely a huge gain. Now instead of telling currently JA+ users to switch to a different mod or basejka, we can tell them that they should definitely use the latest version. We can also point out the only reason that someone wouldn't upgrade is because they are an abusive admin, there really isn't any other reason.

We can also tell the community to avoid servers with earlier (2.2 and older) versions because that = abusive server. That will put more pressure on people to upgrade.

Don't underestimate this. The battle goes on but this is a major turningpoint.

Even some of the JA+ using admins on slider's forum are agreeing that those commands are "over the top" as one of them said.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Our numbers may even be growing (judging by the amount of people bashing slider/JA+ I've seen lately)

I doubt it, I think it's just we're very vocal about our dislike of the admin mods.

Anyway, good on ya Slider. My only problem is those abuse commands, but I still prefer old school adminning. Everything you need to get the job done is in the game. I don't mind those extras like /amkiss and such. If people wanna kiss in a game, I don't mind. They just shouldn't whine when I jam a saber in them. ;)

Originally posted by Nokill

its yust like a gun its not the creator of the gun its not the gun but its the finger pulling the trigger ho kills someone ;)

i agree, but as some people exploit my mod in a way i don't want, i am obliged to control the use of those admin cmd in the real sense i always wanted...

==> Some of the admin cmds are only rpg cmds to enforce rpg hounour code...

this iis not a way of dominate or easilty kill players...

the next version of JA+ will full protecte lamers (player sleeped or ghosted...etc...)....

the admins will be able to protect their server rules with a good effienccy without having the possibility of abuse players...

PS: even if this act goes in the direction you wanted, i have to disagree with most of Amidala and kurgan speaches....

YOu always lies on a lot of things about me....often implying i have not talent, i stole a lot things...etc....

All the things you say are often totally wrong....and you say those things most of time only to try to decrease JA+ popularity or to make hidden advertize of your chop chop server....

Amidala you are a fanactic man...

you wil have to learn that your point of view is not universal...

You are not enough open minded according to me and this is not a prooff of intelligence.....

Only silly people never change their minds and i will always keep convince of that ^^ (just a joke)....

your ethernal rage against rpg players is totally silly....

THere are players who like to play with rpg honour rules and other with real gamer rules...and also some who like both (in particular me)

the JK series will always be apart in the gaming experience...

this is a fatality because it is coming from the movie (sith vs jedi, the good vs evil, ...etc.....)

this said, i never wanted my mod be used to abuse people....

that is why i decided all those changes

here is is an extract from the readme of the mod i am doing

Admin Abuse control improved : I was working on gameplay addition and i let the admin system like it was.

But i can't continue like that.

A minority of players is using the mod JA+ in a bad way in order to terorize players and abuse them.

I therefore decided to remake the whole admin system in order to force admins to use the JA+ tools better.

the goal is to make the admin cmds beeing able to enforce your server rules witout letting

to the admins the possibility of abusing and terorizing players. Each server owner has the right to set the rules he wants on its own server. This is a right.

But an admin mUSt not abuse and scare players when they don't follow the admin rules. Admins often forget that players have also rights :

the right to be respected as well as the server rules.

I therefore was obliged because of those bad admins to make the server scanning for bad behaviour and block those bad admin behaviour.

Remember that the JA+ mod is able to autoBan an admin when he uses too many admin cmds on players in a determined period (look at jp_antiAdmAbuseTimer ).

this is usefull for a server owner who is afraid of the admin's behaviour when he is not in the server.

Of course if he is afraid of some immature admins, he should't give them admin powers.

Rememver that each time an admin abuses on the server, the players will tend to go on another server and never come back on this server.

SO admins, if you want to play alone, this is your choice but it will not be funny for you.

SO now don't expect the JA+ to be exploitable to give admins a terozing domination on players. JA+ is not made for that....Some of the admin cmd are only rpg cmds

to reinforce academy clan rules and master/padawans learning system....etc...IF player are not respecting your server rules, JA+ will let you warn them and explain them your rules without

attacking them while they are sleeped or whatever other cmds.

- Honour admin cmd only usable in FFA : FFA is the only gametype that could be compliant with honour code...

Others gametype are competitive gametype. DOn't forget to use the vstr.cfg file in order to switch from a gametype to another in competitive way

(it will for exemple auto disable the grapple hook in ctf and more.... look in this file to learn how to use it)

- Protection of players to prevent admin abuse : sleeped, ghosted, mindtricked...etc.. players will be GOD and other players will not be able to use force on them.

SO they are not killable and are full protected.

- Admin Flood protect : admin can't use an admin cmd on a player more than 1 per minute. SO admin will not be able to flood a admin cmd on a player.

- amtele abuse protection : you will not be able to use forces on a teleported player during a short time in order to prevent bad behaviour like teleporting + push to send player in lava.

you now can't teleport a player if there is lava or trigger_hurt under the teleport destination.

Teleport is not made to abuse player and kill them so now, players can refuse to be teleported by admins with the /refuseTele cmd.

- amempower will now only give you all forces without prevent people from using them on you. Ideal to teach your padawan how to use force.

- amslay removed and replaced by amShowMotd : yes i saw some admins warning people by slaying them!!!!!!!!

now if you want to warn, just use /say or /tell or /amShowMotd to show the rules to the player.

- amslap removed for the same reason.

- ampunish removed for the same reason : use sleep or ghost or mindtrick instead =>

it will let you explain your rules to the player without make him become frustrated and without beeing able to abuse on him.(I didn't code JA+ to abuse)

PS 2 : PLease STOP QUOTING EVERY SINGLE WORD OR SINGLE SENTENCE in all your forums outside ot the context....

it tend to increase the size of your topic by 2 and eveyr body stop reading almost if this is flaming post.....

but as i said , this is what you best do

(at least what i saw you best do, don't you kurgan and amidala?)

This is #include.

Despite how much Slider has ruined JKA, I'll say these things.

First...yes...don't quote out of context. That's just plain immature :p

Second... I don't knock down the coding "skill" of Slider. He has skill coding, that's for sure, but he lacks the common sense to balance gameplay with that coding.

Slider...for crying out loud, if you are going to add a massively unbalancing thing like grappling hook, add a fricken counter to it. Don't say that pushing it is the counter. It's almost instant, and they can cancel their grapple within a split second and do another. Make it not instant (like it is now almost), and make it "destroyable"...ie cutting it with a saber throw. If it's cut, they can't use it again for another 5-10 seconds. I'm sick of your mod allowing lamers to run rampant with pull/kick and anytime someone attacks them back, they vanish in a blink of an eye with grapple. If it's truly a travel hack, well, it'll still work just fine, seeing they arn't being attacked when spawned far away. I'm also sick of people doing a move and then grappling to you from across the room.

Many of your "features" are very exploitable. Grapple...people use it to lame people, or do specials then use it to instantly warp across anywhere and instantly killing a person. Flipkick...people pull/kick or grip/kick like there's no tomorrow...and they arn't even penalized for messing it up with force regen being 0.

What are "force fights" ALWAYS? Grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/drain/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/draingrip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/drain. That's IT. They might throw in a few saber throw/pulls...but generally that's it. If they are light side, it's pull kick/ pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/heal/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/heal.

How on earth is this a duel? Duels have become a joke.

And also....sweep....why is this a 1 hit kill move almost everytime, and easily spammable. That's all you see people do. Staff and duals are a huge joke. It's all "sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep"

What happened to the duels and skill in this game?

That right there is the reason I made this site:

http://www.jaguarfx.net/hotrod/jka/index.htm

Teaches people to use skill without sweep, spam, or BF spam despite the perversion of "skill" you see in ja+

Why does red...designed to have the lowest defense...suddenly an invulnerability shield if you walk around? It now has the highest defense and highest attack? Blue had little offense because it was supposed to be a defensive stance. Red had little defense because it was an offensive stance. Why was red given ultimate "power"?

If you want some real saber combat balance...go to a BWN server (blademod) and duel there.

If you want to truly balance something without modifying your "precious" high dmg, make it impossible for someone to swing left/right more than 1 left and 1 right. That's just realistic. Take a sword in real life, and then start swinging it wild left/right over and over. You'll feel like a retard. It DOESN'T HAPPEN in sword fights. If you don't have the ability to do so...then reduce the damage of left/right spam to encourage people finding A N O T H E R way to actually attack their opponent.

And if you want to challenge my skill with my saber, feel free to look me up sometime. My ingame name is #include. I've gone 379/7 in BWN servers....that's tournament style...not some gay ja+ 1 hit kill sweep whore server. Sweepers are a waste of my time in ja+, and I will just BF spam them everytime they try to do it.

As for adminslap... if you remove it, what will admins to do warn? Kick? I advise leaving slap in...but have a cooldown effect of using again for 15 seconds.

Also, what is the #1 thing that kills me?

You're stupid "allownewdfa". Someone comes at me, what is something I do? I run at them, jumping over their head while attacking with the base of my saber. However, randomly, you're stupid "saber twirl" happens. I am STUCK for 3 seconds...UNABLE TO MOVE OR DEFEND MYSELF. Always kills me. Why do you FORCE my guy to randomly (and I say randomly because it just "happens". Yes I know what causes it...but do you know how often you will be jumping and attacking at same time while going a direction? I'd rather it do a random BF than a random move that gets you stuck INSIDE THE GROUND and UNABLE TO MOVE or DEFEND YOURSELF) do a move? Tell me...in a fight....would you...ever...do a move you didnt want to do? NO! When you are playing vs someone, does your guy just say HEY! I wanna do a kata! and does a kata? No. Now...me...personally, in this game...I DO NOT WANT to EVER do that gay twirl move...so WHY DOES MY GUY DO IT? Fricken disable it. It's useless half the time. You just get stuck.

In this game, you should NEVER do a special you don't intend on doing. It's simple. You're "guy" would never just randomly do a special move he wouldn't want to do (roleplaying-wise, if you will). Yet, that fricken thing always go off, all the time.

My suggestion: If you want to keep the move in...then have an option somewhere under profile to DISABLE THE ABILITY to do the move FOR YOURSELF.

I should NOT be doing a move I don't want to do. I don't see how it's fair that you can force people to do moves ingame. They paid for the game, it's their player, and you are controlling their character with this random (and poor) attack.

Ever notice when people die from it, it's always, "wtf, didnt mean to do that." and they get angry? It's rediculous. You can have a lot of skill, and STILL die to a newbie all because your allownewdfa move goes off.

If you're not going to remove the SP moves...then please...allow a way to disable DOING the move via client side for that player. It's wrong to dictate and force things on others just because you run an adminmod.

Originally posted by Slider744

Amidala you are a fanactic man...

you wil have to learn that your point of view is not universal...

You are not enough open minded according to me and this is not a prooff of intelligence.....

Only silly people never change their minds and i will always keep convince of that ^^ (just a joke)....

your ethernal rage against rpg players is totally silly....

THere are players who like to play with rpg honour rules and other with real gamer rules...and also some who like both (in particular me)

the JK series will always be apart in the gaming experience...

this is a fatality because it is coming from the movie (sith vs jedi, the good vs evil, ...etc.....)

As I have said many times before, I really wouldn't care what people did on their own servers IF THEY WOULD PUT A PASSWORD ON THE SERVER SO UNSUSPECTING PLAYERS LOOKING FOR A REAL FFA WEREN'T MISLED INTO BARGING INTO THEIR TEA PARTIES!

g_password is the most useful under-used feature out there. If clans are having a meeting or practice session or play-acting session or whatever, and they don't want "lamers" to bother them, then put a password on the server during that time. They can always take it off later. Problem solved with no misunderstandings and no abuse.

The CTF pickup game (pug) servers all use passwords, but all of the servers use the same password and everyone in the community knows the password: "ctfpug". They do that because pug servers are designed to have balanced 4 v 4 teams with everyone else spectating until they get picked for a team. They don't want people who don't know this to join the server, start playing and unbalance the teams. It's a system that works very well, with no need for abusive commands (most serious CTF players hate all mods, even those specifically designed for CTF and coded by members of the CTF community. They are purists and consider only the base game to be pure).

In an ideal world, if some servers are going to misuse and pervert the Free For All (FFA) deathmatch gametype for chatting, RPGing, amkissing, and dueling, then all of those servers would all use the same password and everyone would know the password, just like the CTF pug servers. Use "nolaming" or something like that. That way all the players who liked to spend\waste their time doing that could do that without being bothered by "lamers", and new players wouldn't unknowingly go to those servers looking for a normal game and get abused. Everyone who liked that kind of thing could get into any server using that password without worrying about being bothered. If some misguided idiot used the password to intentionally go there and bother people, then kick and range ban. Not everyone has a dynamic IP, and a temporary range ban pretty much keeps them out. Problem solved with no misunderstandings and no abuse.

The problem is that "no laming" server operators aren't aware of or don't know how to use the password feature, and many of them secretly enjoy having "lamers" come to their servers so they can use their God-like admin powers and feel important by "teaching lamers a lesson". Putting a password on the server would prevent that and take away most of their "fun", and most of the reason for their being there. After all, if there is no "laming" then you don't really need "admins". That thought terrifies them.

A lot of these teens want the "prestige" of being an "admin". slider, you know this from the number who are always asking you to be an admin on your servers. No "laming" going on means no need for "admins". That's why so many like these rules, it justifies existence of the "admin", which so many of them want so desperately to be.

slider, if you really wanted to be clever, you could make your mod have a feature where only people who are dueling have lightsabers that can do damage. If you aren't actively dueling, then your lightsaber does no damage. If a new person who isn't aware of what is going on joins the server and starts hacking away, nothing happens (most of those servers have no scary guns or frightning Force powers, so those aren't an issue). Same thing with someone trying to "lame" people intentionally, their slashing away does nothing.

Before the patch came out and while the master list was bugged and my servers often were empty, I ran one of them as a melee-only "fight club" where people used only punches, kicks, and melee kata moves. I disabled guns and Force powers, but I wasn't able to completely disable the lightsaber. So I just set g_saberdamagescale "0" and anyone who tried to use a lightsaber found that it didn't do anything.

slider, games have rules (the ones that came in the manual). The official rule for Free For All is "Defeat your opponents to score points". This is how the official Jedi Academy manual describes the Free For All gametype:

Page 36 of the official Jedi Academy manual:

FREE FOR ALL

Best summed up as every person for him or herself, players score points by eliminating other players, and no one can be considered an ally. Weapons and equipment are acquired in the field, unless specified on the server. Some options include whether to allow Force powers or not and the maximum Force level available.

If some servers want to misuse and pervert the Free For All gametype for chatting, "RPGing", amkissing, and dueling, FINE, GO AHEAD, but at that point they should admit that THEY are the ones breaking the official rules, THEY are the ones running their servers differently from normal, THEY are the ones who are behaving abnormally, not the so-called "lamers". THEY are the ones who should have to accommodate the normal players, not the other way around. It is just plain IMMORAL for the people behaving abnormally (by chatting, RPGing, and dueling in the FFA gametype) to punish the people who are playing the normal way.

I see so often people saying "I have the RIGHT to have 'no laming' and other rules on my server", as if their "rights" are absolute (no limits as to what rules they can have).

All rights have limits. You can have the right to free speech, but you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theatre. You can have the right to freedom of the press, but you can't publish child pornography. The rights of server operators are not unlimited. They do not have the right to abuse, humiliate, and terrorize players who are playing the game the normal way, driving them out of the game and destroying the community in the process.

With rights come responsibilities, including the responsibility to not destroy the community for all of us while enforcing their rules.

Originally posted by Slider744

PS 2 : PLease STOP QUOTING EVERY SINGLE WORD OR SINGLE SENTENCE in all your forums outside ot the context....

it tend to increase the size of your topic by 2 and eveyr body stop reading almost if this is flaming post.....

;) Slider, you are confusing me with Vicodin and Chris J., they are are the ones that quote sentence-by-sentence. And I have suggested to them that it isn't the most effective way to communicate. And I almost always provide the whole paragraph so the quote is in context.

But anyway slider, thank you for promising to do what you are planning to do. I really admire your actions, and I will be happy to endorse the 2.3 version of JA+ mod as the best one yet and the only version that people using your mod should use.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

The problem is that "no laming" server operators aren't aware of or don't know how to use the password feature, and many of them secretly enjoy having "lamers" come to their servers so they can use their God-like admin powers and feel important by "teaching lamers a lesson". Putting a password on the server would prevent that and take away most of their "fun", and most of the reason for their being there. After all, if their is no "laming" then you don't really need "admins". That thought terrifies them.

A lot of these teens want the "prestige" of being an "admin". slider, you know this from the number who are always asking you to be an admin on your servers. No "laming" going on means no need for "admins". That's why so many like these rules, it justifies existence of the "admin", which so many of them want so desperately to be.

slider, if you really wanted to be clever, you could make your mod have a feature where only people who are dueling have lightsabers that can do damage. If you aren't actively dueling, then your lightsaber does no damage. If a new person who isn't aware of what is going on joins the server and starts hacking away, nothing happens (most of those servers have no scary guns or frightning Force powers, so those aren't an issue). Same thing with someone trying to "lame" people intentionally, their slashing away does nothing.

You hit the nail on the head. I remember I tried to get my old clan to use xMod for its convenient auto-admin and anti-laming features, but alas, they refused it because there was no reason to be an admin anymore, and went back to JA+. That's just sad. It's like without a reason to have admin powers, they might as well not even have a server.

Oh please, that gun analogy is totally and completely irrelivant. To have a gun you have to have the licenses, training, and you're held responsible for your actions. Not to mention you have to pay for it. There is absolutely nothing like this for admin mods. What happens if you abuse admin powers? You don't get fined, go to jail, or get executed. Maybe if the server is respectable eventually you'll get fired, but most servers encourage abuse from what I've seen.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

This is #include.

Despite how much Slider has ruined JKA, I'll say these things.

First...yes...don't quote out of context. That's just plain immature :p

Second... I don't knock down the coding "skill" of Slider. He has skill coding, that's for sure, but he lacks the common sense to balance gameplay with that coding.

Slider...for crying out loud, if you are going to add a massively unbalancing thing like grappling hook, add a fricken counter to it. Don't say that pushing it is the counter. It's almost instant, and they can cancel their grapple within a split second and do another. Make it not instant (like it is now almost), and make it "destroyable"...ie cutting it with a saber throw. If it's cut, they can't use it again for another 5-10 seconds. I'm sick of your mod allowing lamers to run rampant with pull/kick and anytime someone attacks them back, they vanish in a blink of an eye with grapple. If it's truly a travel hack, well, it'll still work just fine, seeing they arn't being attacked when spawned far away. I'm also sick of people doing a move and then grappling to you from across the room.

Many of your "features" are very exploitable. Grapple...people use it to lame people, or do specials then use it to instantly warp across anywhere and instantly killing a person. Flipkick...people pull/kick or grip/kick like there's no tomorrow...and they arn't even penalized for messing it up with force regen being 0.

What are "force fights" ALWAYS? Grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/drain/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/draingrip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/grip kick/drain. That's IT. They might throw in a few saber throw/pulls...but generally that's it. If they are light side, it's pull kick/ pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/heal/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/pull kick/heal.

How on earth is this a duel? Duels have become a joke.

And also....sweep....why is this a 1 hit kill move almost everytime, and easily spammable. That's all you see people do. Staff and duals are a huge joke. It's all "sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep"

What happened to the duels and skill in this game?

That right there is the reason I made this site:

http://www.jaguarfx.net/hotrod/jka/index.htm

Teaches people to use skill without sweep, spam, or BF spam despite the perversion of "skill" you see in ja+

Why does red...designed to have the lowest defense...suddenly an invulnerability shield if you walk around? It now has the highest defense and highest attack? Blue had little offense because it was supposed to be a defensive stance. Red had little defense because it was an offensive stance. Why was red given ultimate "power"?

If you want some real saber combat balance...go to a BWN server (blademod) and duel there.

If you want to truly balance something without modifying your "precious" high dmg, make it impossible for someone to swing left/right more than 1 left and 1 right. That's just realistic. Take a sword in real life, and then start swinging it wild left/right over and over. You'll feel like a retard. It DOESN'T HAPPEN in sword fights. If you don't have the ability to do so...then reduce the damage of left/right spam to encourage people finding A N O T H E R way to actually attack their opponent.

And if you want to challenge my skill with my saber, feel free to look me up sometime. My ingame name is #include. I've gone 379/7 in BWN servers....that's tournament style...not some gay ja+ 1 hit kill sweep whore server. Sweepers are a waste of my time in ja+, and I will just BF spam them everytime they try to do it.

As for adminslap... if you remove it, what will admins to do warn? Kick? I advise leaving slap in...but have a cooldown effect of using again for 15 seconds.

Also, what is the #1 thing that kills me?

You're stupid "allownewdfa". Someone comes at me, what is something I do? I run at them, jumping over their head while attacking with the base of my saber. However, randomly, you're stupid "saber twirl" happens. I am STUCK for 3 seconds...UNABLE TO MOVE OR DEFEND MYSELF. Always kills me. Why do you FORCE my guy to randomly (and I say randomly because it just "happens". Yes I know what causes it...but do you know how often you will be jumping and attacking at same time while going a direction? I'd rather it do a random BF than a random move that gets you stuck INSIDE THE GROUND and UNABLE TO MOVE or DEFEND YOURSELF) do a move? Tell me...in a fight....would you...ever...do a move you didnt want to do? NO! When you are playing vs someone, does your guy just say HEY! I wanna do a kata! and does a kata? No. Now...me...personally, in this game...I DO NOT WANT to EVER do that gay twirl move...so WHY DOES MY GUY DO IT? Fricken disable it. It's useless half the time. You just get stuck.

In this game, you should NEVER do a special you don't intend on doing. It's simple. You're "guy" would never just randomly do a special move he wouldn't want to do (roleplaying-wise, if you will). Yet, that fricken thing always go off, all the time.

My suggestion: If you want to keep the move in...then have an option somewhere under profile to DISABLE THE ABILITY to do the move FOR YOURSELF.

I should NOT be doing a move I don't want to do. I don't see how it's fair that you can force people to do moves ingame. They paid for the game, it's their player, and you are controlling their character with this random (and poor) attack.

Ever notice when people die from it, it's always, "wtf, didnt mean to do that." and they get angry? It's rediculous. You can have a lot of skill, and STILL die to a newbie all because your allownewdfa move goes off.

If you're not going to remove the SP moves...then please...allow a way to disable DOING the move via client side for that player. It's wrong to dictate and force things on others just because you run an adminmod.

I'd like to see slider's response to this.

well the fact of the matter is everytime you search for a ffa game now 80-90 percent of them are plagued with this horrendous mod... and once you do enter 90 percent of the noobs there are all darkside grip flip users... they run around gripping n kicking u in chat with their saber off then u hit them back you get called LAMER OMFG!!!!111111 and get a kick/ban... i didnt mind it once it came out because push and absorb took care of it... now there is some bs in there to where u can get locked into it and just sit there and die... wow they are so elite... FFA is exactly what it means FREE FOR ALL... and even tho slider had the upmost intentions to make the game better... he inevitably gave the noobs something to ruin it with.. You want to fight with skill go to the Bladeworks network for duels.... we dont have that crap there... and yes u are correct ChopShop /blisterhouse are the only rooms ill even go into again because you stand a 95 percent chance of kickage/bannage from the other idiots for playing ffa the way its sposed to be played... if its and RPG server or a FFA[duelonly] server POST IT

Every Veteran of the game since it came out i have ever talked to cannot stand JA+ its only the nubs that never had a clue that abuse it . It needs to change in a DRASTIC matter to keep ffa from becoming extinct.

btw hotrod ill take the pepsi challenge any day on that duel... :D u can find me on BWN as Shinobi... look me up as well as anyone else that wants to test their skills :)

the groops of good skilled ppl are schrinking it seems yes :(

i din't have a lot of paddy's coming to me asking for training in a long time thay all yust well do mean things and swear at you

nah jk2 is better for the time being

good old times are gone :(

and even tho slider had the upmost intentions to make the game better... he inevitably gave the noobs something to ruin it with..

Bullcrap.

Thats probably the biggest lie in this thread. Slider had NO intentions at ALL to improve this game. JK2 stated the fact that if you release something like that, the community gets screwed. Slider knew it. He also knew Chosen One was reguarded as one of the best modders in the JK2 community after releasing the dreaded Jedi Academy mod. He knew if he released it he would gain instant fame. The fact that Chosen removed those commands only helped to boost slider's rise to fame.

Even you, the people who's JKA gaming experience has been forever ruined sit here and reguarde him as the best coder in the JKA Community/History.

Bullcrap. He has done nothing no one else hasn't done before. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

Slap, Sleep, Ban, Kick, grapple, jetpack... etc have ALL been done before. Those people figured it out, and so did he. Some people have done these things better than he has.

Archived