Home

Found out why JA+ "features" are so crappy

RpTheHotrod

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem:

Yes, admins can turn it off...but guess what...

When you give someone the option of easy and hard, 95% of people will take easy.

That is why most servers are infested with the ja+ mod...it's "easy mode". High damage, spamalicious sweeps, easy get away with grapple, easy lames, easy spam fights with grip/kick, etc...

Originally posted by Nokill

well if evryone starts going to baseja servers and not to ja+ anymore then it will go away in time

and more servers will use standart ja

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but is there a specific reason you have around +2 spelling mistakes and no grammar in your posts? Its just kind of boggling..

On topic : Yeah, JA+ sucks.

Originally posted by Nokill

well if evryone starts going to baseja servers and not to ja+ anymore then it will go away in time

and more servers will use standart ja

Except we started with regular, standard JA. Then these crappy admin mods came out for JA and people were like "yes, finally I can abuse people again!"

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Except we started with regular, standard JA. Then these crappy admin mods came out for JA and people were like "yes, finally I can abuse people again!"

Exactly...and on top of that, ja+ makes it easy to win fights and easy to win....so why WOULDNT 95% of the jka community use it?

If you give 2 options...most will naturally take the easiest.

Originally posted by LightNinja

Not for me, affortunately i still play with all my friends in jk2, but i'd like to have the same fun that i had at jk2 with JA but i guess that won't ever happen

I don't see the big difference here. JK2 is also ruled by abusive admin mods and honorz dueling. In fact, moreso than JA (if ASE stats are any indication)!

But I guess if you don't have friends who play JA (the right way, ie: non-honorz/abuse) then I can see why you will stay there. ; p

Slap is an utterly abusive and useless "feature." Since you insist that the admin needs a way to "Get somebody's attention" without kicking them, I can think of a few simple options:

Warn (have big text appear in the center of their screen with the warning).

Freeze (this is abusable, so make it so that while frozen they can't hurt anyone and nobody can hurt them, they take zero damage).

However Freeze is probably a bad idea, because you could do it in mid air to make a person fall to their death. Also he could freeze somebody, set a bunch of mines under them, and then unfreeze so they die.

The fact is, any "powers" like this that affect players, an admin or subadmin can bind to keys and use them to screw with people and get easy kills. It's stupid.

To avoid abuse, Sleep, Slap, Slay, Freeze, Empower, etc. should NOT BE INCLUDED, period. If you put them in a mod, people will use (read: abuse) them.

Remove those commands from JA+ and you're left with a very unbalanced, n00b friendly dueling mod. But hey, it would be a good start...

Darth Smaug, you don't have to limit yourself to only one mod. You can install as many as you want and use all of them, just not all at the same time. You can go to a JA+ server, then a Movie Battles II server, then a ForceMod III server, then a basejka server, all in the same hour.

Many servers use JA+ mod. You don't need to download or install anything to play on them, but there's no reason not to install the JA+ client of you are going to go to JA+ servers.

Many people really like Movie Battles II http://www.moviebattles.com and ForceMod III http://www.pcgamemods.com/6404

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9136

and don't play anything else.

All of them are free, it only costs you the time to download. Download and install all of them and try out all of them.

Archived