Home

TSL: itemcreate.2da (Adding Stock and Custom Constructable Items to the WorkBench.)

RedHawke

Original thread

Adding custom or original game items making them constructable on the workbench. The way the WorkBench works in TSL it is probably the easiest way to get your custom item in game.

First you will need KotOR Tool by Fred Tetra available Here. :emperor:

I am assuming you have some idea of how KT works.

Open KT, configure it to read the TSL directories instead of KOTOR's, browse to BIF's/2da... scroll down and open itemcreate.2da...

To add your new item start a new row under the last one and enter your information as follows in the cell description... You will nottice the cells most are pretty self explanitory, but I will explain them here;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Row Label) = Simply the number for the row. The first thing you add.

label = This is where the stock or your custom items tag goes, that you wish to add to the list of buildable items.

skill = This is the amount of points you must have in a skill to build the item.

group = This is the colum that determines the tab in the WorkBench the item will appear constructable in. (0 = Armor Upgrades, 1 = Ranged Upgrades, 2 = Blade Upgrades, 3 = Lightsaber Upgrades, 4 = Misc. Upgrades)

level = I assume it is a required minimum level to build the item but it appears unused by the game. Leave it a 0 for now... I will append this tutorial if it works. ;)

(Confirmed! The number entered in this colum will become the minimum Level for the PC to make this item... Info courtesy of Darkkender!)

align = I assume it is a required alignment to build the item but it appears unused by the game. Leave it a 0 for now... I will append this tutorial if it works. ;)

(Confirmed! The number entered in this colum will become the required alignment for the PC to make this item... the alignment numbers are as listed in iprp_aligngrp.2da)

iprp_aligngrp.2da, which I will minimally reproduce here. (Alignment Numbers Are; 0 = No Restriction, 1 = Neutral, 2 = Lightside, 3 = Darkside, 4 = 100% Darkside, 5 = 100% Lightside)

base_skill = This is the colum that determines the actual skill used. The numbers refrence skills.2da, which I will minimally reproduce here. (Skill numbers are; 0 = Computer Use, 1 = Demolitions, 2 = Stealth, 3 = Awareness, 4 = Persuade, 5 = Repair, 6 = Security, 7 = Treat Injury)

dunno = Well if they dunno then I don't know either... :D Leave it a 0 for now.

overridetag = I'm assuming it is something that was used for testing purposes, as I added a custom robe in and left this as the standard blank "****" and it came up fine, just make it "****", without quotes, like all the other rows are... [Dominate Mind] You can go about your business... move along!

So, for example, you wanted to add the two Padawan Robes, LS and DS to be constructable at the WorkBench you would create two new lines in itemcreate.2da accordingly. From Left to right;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=2]
(Row Label)    label   skill  group  level  align  base skill  dunno  overridetag
  209       a_robe_02 5      4      0      0      5           0      ****
  210       a_robe_03 5      4      0      0      5           0      ****
[/size]

Note: the file itemcreatemira.2da is identical to itemcreate.2da, except this one is used if Mira is in your Party. You have to add your items to this file as well or else if you have Mira in your party you will no longer be able to build your item, other than the 2da files name it has the same contents except it has Mira's Rockets as buildable. :D

And in itemcreatemira.2da the two new lines would look accordingly;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=2]
(Row Label)    label   skill  group  level  align  base skill  dunno  overridetag
  214       a_robe_02 5      4      0      0      5           0      ****
  215       a_robe_03 5      4      0      0      5           0      ****
[/size]

Drop these two 2da files in override start a game and go to the WorkBench and see what happens.

As these two 2da files are probably the easiest way to add a item into the game*, I figure someone needed to explain it... and I hope this attempt has succeeded.

I hope this helps! :D

*Emphasis added by tk102

---------------------------------------------------

Edit: Making your newly added items upgradeable at the WorkBench.

Fot this part you will need a GFF Editor to open your item uti file with to make this change as KT cannot handle this function yet.

In your item you will need to put the corrisponding number in your items .uti files, UpgradeLevel (Byte) Node.

From what I can tell the item upgrade number patterns are thus;

Armors
-----------------------------------
Robes	(Knight & Master)	1
Armored Robes	(Zal Shey)	2
Light Armors 			2
Medium Armors			3
Heavy Armors			4

Blade Weapons
Regular 	(Non-Powered)	1
Vibro Weapons	(Powered)	2

Lightsabers
Lightsabers 	(All Types)	3

Blasters / Ranged Weapons
Blasters (All)	(Scope Only)	1
Blasters (All)	(Scope,Chamber)	2
Blasters (All)	(All Upgrades)	3

I looked through a fair sample of the different item types and these numbers were constant.

Now you can add your item to be able to be built at the workbench and upgradeable too! ;)

I hope this helps! :D

So I guess this means there will be 4 2da files that the polite modder will make certain are always compatible for other modders and game players. As the 2 listed above plus upcrystals and upgrades.2da do not effect any line items within the item uti/gff files themselves.

Also the above information is great I know I'll make use of it.

Originally posted by maverick187

Quick off-topic question, I assume that lightsaber creation and "upgradeable compatibilty" is the same as in KotOR 1, with just the simple upcrystals.2da editing required, the only exception being that this time around the upgrade crystals themselves hold the properties that will be add on to the sabers? Just asking so I know what I need to edit on my Upgradeable Saber tutorial. ;)

Yes the upcrystals.2da file for the color crystals is still the same... but the beauty of the new upgrade system is in the upgrades.2da, now it lists the upgrades and focusing crystals, like upcrystals.2da does for the color crystals in that the row numbers don't matter either, and the upgrades .uti files themselves contain the properties they grant, so adding in upgrade crystals is a snap now! :D

Archived