Home

Origin of Threepwood...

ThunderPeel2001

Anyone else spot this over at GrumpyGamer? I always thought Threepwood came from an office competition to name the lead in their next game... maybe it did! But I never knew this:

Yo gilbert, I have a question, i read a pg wodehouse book and I came across a caractor with the last name of THREEPWOOD, is this a coinedence or is pg wodehouse yet ANOTHER of the authors you read at the time?

The name Threepwood came from Dave Grossman, here is his response to your question:

"I took it from Reginald Threepwood, which was the name of a role-playing game identity belonging to my cousin, Charles. A few years later I discovered that he, in turn, had taken it from P.G. Wodehouse (strange he didn't mention it at the time). It's the family name of one of Wodehouse's less frequent characters, better known as Lord Emsworth. Wodehouse probably made the name up out of a hat, but you can never be sure about these things."

Did everyone know that already? :/

They were drawing a character and since they hadn't given him a name they named the file "guy". The extension was .brush.

Yeah, I knew that. It was actually Deluxe Paint on the Amiga, a program I knew well at the time! There was no file extenstion limit on Amigas so instead of .bsh on a PC it had the full .brush or .jpeg or whatever. It was pretty cool.

Just as well they didn't keep Girlbrush for Elaine :)

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

It was actually Deluxe Paint on the Amiga, a program I knew well at the time!

One of the bestpainting programs around, I remember many a time spent on my amiga creating beautiful works of art.

I think I've still got a video somewhere telling me how to use it and get the best out of it.

Anyone know how the name LeChuck came about?

Archived