Home

XBOX version q's (JA)

gnakedgn0me

I just bought the game a few days ago and I have some questions I couldn't find answers to elsewhere.

1. In multi-player is Mon Mothma supposed to disapear? She kinda just fades out of existance and falls through the floor. I keep beating her because she falls to her death before I can take 2 steps.

2. Why is Boba Fett alive? He died in return of the jedi.

Maybe because the 1000 years thing isn't literal, but more of a legend?

Without food or water he'd be dead in a few days. Even if he somehow had everything he needed, he'd be dead of old age eventually. A human body can't last beyond 180, according to what we know today, and he's just a normal human with no force abilities or anything else special.

Anyway, whatever ridiculous excuses are used, George Lucas specifically said that he intended Fett to die in ROTJ, etc, etc and he said this even in 2004. However, he also approved Fett's return in Dark Empire, and the rest of the EU as a concession to the fans who loved the character so much. So there you have it. It's both/and. As far as this game is concerned, being EU, it's perfectly legit to have Fett in it.

My pet theory (non-canon) as to why we see Fett after his death is that it's simply somebody masquerading as him, using the same or similar armor. Since nobody has seen him unmasked (and lived), who's to know? And he lets his "reputation" do the rest.

When do you meet Mon Mothma in the game? I don't ever remember you meeting her except perhaps in cutscenes. More info please...

According to the SW Databank, there was research done that has found reason to believe in the "thousand year" tale.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/sarlacc/?id=eu

The fanciful tale of a "thousand year" torment inside the Sarlacc's digestive system may be more fact than fiction, however. Evidence exists of a fibrous network of vessels that attach themselves to a swallowed victim, grotesquely incorporating the being into the Sarlacc's own biological system. Such immersion is accompanied by mind-altering neurotoxins which keep the victim docile. The hallucinations coaxed by the toxins suggest that the Sarlacc somehow absorbs the intelligence of all its victims, who live on in disembodied torment.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Maybe because the 1000 years thing isn't literal, but more of a legend?

Without food or water he'd be dead in a few days. Even if he somehow had everything he needed, he'd be dead of old age eventually. A human body can't last beyond 180, according to what we know today, and he's just a normal human with no force abilities or anything else special.

Anyway, whatever ridiculous excuses are used, George Lucas specifically said that he intened Fett to die in ROTJ, etc, etc and he said this even in 2004. However, he also approved Fett's return in Dark Empire, and the rest of the EU as a concession to the fans who loved the character so much. So there you have it. It's both/and. As far as this game is concerned, being EU, it's perfectly legit to have Fett in it.

My pet theory (non-canon) as to why we see Fett after his death is that it's simply somebody masquerading as him, using the same or similar armor. Since nobody has seen him unmasked (and lived), who's to know? And he lets his "reputation" do the rest.

Took the post right out of my keys, Kurgan. An imposter playing the role of Fett seems very plausible, especially since the "Boba" in JA didn't seem as dangerous as he was supposed to be.

I don't buy the story of Fett "surviving" the sarlaac as well. It's obvious Lucas wanted him dead. Jango's death by the hand of Mace Windu in Episode II only strengthens the argument. The whole idea was to make it a "like father, like son" deal, with both Jango and Boba dying while fighting a Jedi. Both even have jetpack malfunctions that contribute to their respective deaths. You can see sparks and a short burst of smoke emitting from Jango's jetpack seconds before his death, indicating he was trying to fly to safety.

The whole thing about the sarlaac absorbing its victim's intelligence sounds too much like the Gravemind from Halo 2. It works in the Halo universe, but it just doesn't seem "right" in the Star Wars universe.

Originally posted by TK-8252

According to the SW Databank, there was research done that has found reason to believe in the "thousand year" tale.

Now of course if the person swallowed "becomes part of the Sarlacc" and thus "lives on" because the Sarlacc is a very long lived creature (were records kept for over 1,000 years to see if victims swallowed a millennia or even centuries ago were still "alive"?), how are such individuals supposed to "escape" with their minds and bodies intact?

If I'm eaten by a crocodile and become part of the fat and muscle of the Crocodile's body, would a person really say that I am "still alive" and just linked with the Crocodile?

I know this is Sci Fi, but this particular tale borders on fantasy. It sounds more like something scary to say to people who you're about to toss into it to make them more scared. I would take it more as a "ghost story" than literal fact. But thanks to the EU stuff (like the Databank, which itself isn't infallible, but in any case) I'm sure it's now "literal." ; )

According to EU charts I've looked at, the Sarlacc is a HUGE creature (bigger even than the big mouth suggests). How could such a giant, long lived animal survive by sloooooowly digesting the tiny humanoids that get tossed into it's mouth every so often? (then again maybe Jabba, "feeds" it reguarly) I've heard of efficient animals, but this stretches believability almost to the breaking point. How mobile is this creature? I can see it swallowing a Bantha or two, but after that, you'd think the herds would know not to get near that huge pit. How many Sarlaccs are there? At least other real world animals that use such tactics to catch pray (like the trapdoor spider) can uproot and move around when game in a certain area gets scarce. This thing looks more like it just "grows" into a certain are and stays there forever.

Anyway, back to Fett: At least my pet theory allows for Fett to have actually "died" as Lucas intended, and yet still explain his continued apparently physical presence in the EU.

He might even be a lost "Clone" from the Clone Wars that was also unmodified, and thus a similar age to the real Fett, for all we know. This could be a fascinating story to follow, but I'm sure it'll never be embraced by any EU writers. They'll just say that he survived, like the numerous bordering apocryphal tales of his "escape."

If I were a guy pretending to be Boba Fett, the infamous galactic Bounty Hunter, and I wanted to enhance my reputation, I'd play up the idea that I had "cheated death" (and might do so again, my opponents would fear) too.

Star Wars is space fantasy, it's commonly misplaced as a Sci-fi. :p

Also, the lines are

C-3PO: "Oh, dear. His High Exaltedness, the great Jabba the Hutt, has decreed that you are to be terminated immediately."

Han: "Good. I hate long waits."

C-3PO: "You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea and cast into the pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc."

Han: "Doesn't sound so bad."

C-3PO: "In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years."

Han: "On second thoughts, let's pass on that, huh?"

Clearly it only speaks of the digestion taking a thousand years, nowhere does it say that it takes the victim a thousand years to die.

Archived