Home

The most difficult puzzle

VampireNaomi

What puzzle took you the most time to solve in The Dig? For me it has to be the skeleton. I started creating it in an absolutely wrong way because I always put the head in the wrong place. :rolleyes:

Last time I played the game I made the same error. And now that I think of it, I still can't remember on which side the head should be. I guess this is one puzzle I will never master perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Problems with activating the "light bridges", because I pressed the active button only for a short time instead holding it for a long time.

So, I use the "train" the whole game to visit the islands. :D

I only had to active the "light bridges" before activating the "eye".

Sorry about the bad grammar, i am from germany and my english is not perfect.

Greetings, Ralf

I had the same problem. It wasn't really a problem though, since - like you said - one could use the tram to reach all the locations. Still, it was bugging me to find out that for the light bridge controls alone a simple click wasn't enough.

About the grammar: Hey, no problem. Most of us (at least in the The Dig forum) aren't from English-speaking countries.

Originally posted by Alien426

About the grammar: Hey, no problem. Most of us (at least in the The Dig forum) aren't from English-speaking countries.

True, and WhiteRaven1000's grammar is better than what I have seen some native speakers use.

Now that I think of it, it would be interesting to know where everyone is from.

• 2 weeks later...

I had trouble at two places:

1) The fossil. At first I did not realize you could change the bones' orientation by right clicking, so for a long time I just kept trying to piece the bones together without rotating them.

2) The map room. For some reason, it did not occure to me to use the codes on the rods I already had in the map room.

Besides that, it was not so bad.

• 7 months later...

Weird, i thought the fossil puzzle was easy, the fossil shows you what to do.

I had the same problem with the light bridges, but i accidently worked out how to do it before i needed to.

What took me the longest time was the entrance to the tomb. I kept thinking there was something to do inside the tomb, and so spent aages in the tomb not knowing you had to see the map spire's image thing in order to progress.

• 2 years later...

I would have had the most difficulty with completing the Power generator puzzle. There was not an easy way to know where exactly the repair droid needed to be in order to pick up the lens. The actual function of picking up or releasing the object wasn't apparent unless you had everything before that correct. That one function that couldn't be determined made the whole thing difficult because I didn't know what that color function was at all or that I had to end the sequence with it. My sister figured it out before I started playing the game.

The shelled creature was very difficult to complete because there were a number of 'fits' that weren't apparent based on the fossil. That fossil in itself was difficult to see along the path and had a 3/4 view instead of a top down.

The planetarium was difficult because it seemed to make no logical sense that you could actually control the position of moons from that location. It still doesn't make sense to me how it worked. The tomb requiring that device from the Power generator in that 'carved hole.' It should have been like a metal cylinder to indicate technologically sophisticated.

• 1 month later...

For the first one my sister had prodigy to help her out, but when I later tired I was able to do it myself, as long as I activated it before I touched the controls I got the gest of it, that you were basically assigning it directions to head towards.

The second actually confused my sister too, until I realized your cursor turned blue when you were over the correct spot, then it was all about just orienting the parts.

the third one was hard, though I found the rat trap harder. And yeah the tomb needing a power generator did seem like a bs fetch quest.

I think the hardest puzzle for me was trying to repair one of the pedestal's crystal circuitry. I think I solved that one by pure luck.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived