Home

ROTS preview figures and other pimptastic things... *SPOILERS*

El Sitherino

Originally posted by ZBomber

You mean the giant, thick dildos lightsabers? :D

Ha, they were huge. But man, they were fun to play with.

Originally posted by ZBomber

The POTF2 ones were too big, the best were Phantom Menace

Yeah, the Phantom Menace ones were good, they should bring those back if they ditch the peg system.

I don't mind the pegs either. None of mine have broke.... yet. They should make them sturdier and lose that blasted 'glow' effect at the base of the blade.

You do know they corrected the size of the PotF2 sabers, don't you Z? Only farmboy Luke, Vader, Obi, Luke Dagobah, and Luke 'X-Wing' (actually it's snowspeeder but whatever) were shipped with long sabers and those were corrected.

Hrm, never noticed the TPM ones were slimmer. Then again, I've never played with them as I did with the PotF2 line. Most of my TPM guys are in the package anyways and they're in the basement. All of the PotF2 guys and PotJ guys are in my room, the TPM and Saga are in the basement.

Yeah, there's a whole mix of stuff. They should at the very least make it consistent.

nice thing about the Ep.1 sabers is the level of detail that was not their in the POTF line such as the hilts sporting individual paint jobs instead of one universal color. at least on the main character anyway. the sweetest looking saber i think is the one that came w/ the recent ROTJ luke skywalker. jabba's court or something? that one was really detailed and it was all one piece.

I just got the GG fig and i love it aside from the lightsaber. tremendous amount of detail and articulation for a preview figure. the seperatist emblem is awesome!:D

The guns also got individual component paint jobs. One thing that irked me as a kid is Han's DL-44 didn't have the silver tip at the end. The Millenium Minted Han Bespin came with a repaint of it and I remember stealing it from a friend :o I gave it back.... eventually. :p

I convinced my friend to cut up a saber so that we could have just a hilt to play with. TPM guys finally came with just a hilt for us but too bad we didn't play with them anymore. The peg thing is a nice idea, but I think they should still pack a hilt and an activated saber. Allows you the option of how to display your toy along with solid stuff that doesn't breat.

I never messed with my figures because I've always been a collector. I didn't think of them as toys and did my best to take care of them. Sure, I have a few slightly yellow PotF2 stormies and there's wear on the hands from shoving all sorts of weapons in them, but other than that my figures are all mint. Now that I know they're worth next to nothing, I may have done some of that stuff too.

Originally posted by Katarn07

I convinced my friend to cut up a saber so that we could have just a hilt to play with. TPM guys finally came with just a hilt for us but too bad we didn't play with them anymore. The peg thing is a nice idea, but I think they should still pack a hilt and an activated saber. Allows you the option of how to display your toy along with solid stuff that doesn't breat.

I never messed with my figures because I've always been a collector. I didn't think of them as toys and did my best to take care of them. Sure, I have a few slightly yellow PotF2 stormies and there's wear on the hands from shoving all sorts of weapons in them, but other than that my figures are all mint. Now that I know they're worth next to nothing, I may have done some of that stuff too.

Me and Taters always messed around with our ****. This was so much more fun when we actually played with them, and ddin't care about collecting them. We used to cut the guns and bring the guys/ships into my pool. I'll tell you, those were the best damn times of my life.

Archived