Home

Enslaved (Prologue thread.)

Hiroki

(( Just one problem VikingLarz...Vampires aren't real! :p And Luke, please correct your profile. Only Rome had steel, and even it was not fully developed. Celtic people have only Iron, and sometimes there long swords will bend after a hard impact. ))

As the Celtic army slams into the Auxilia shield wall, there impact creating a thunderous noise, the skirmishing troops stationed directly behind them throw there first volley of javelins over the heads of the Auxilia, the throwing spears impaling many of the Celts who had amassed against the Auxilia shield wall.

A Briton spearman who was charging straight towards Edward was impaled through the heart by one of them. He screamed, clutching the javelin as it protruded from his heart, blood being spat up from his mouth, reaching up towards the trees...the moon, the nature he worshiped, before letting out his last gasp of life.

Roy had several guys in front of him as he charged, many of them being impaled onto the hail of javelins. But the worse had yet to come. Not but a few seconds after the first wave, flaming arrows rained down on the charging Celts, stabbing into there chests, lighting them ablaze.

Several of the charging Celts amazingly continued charging...whilst on fire! One headed straight for Edward, he was completely ablaze, but he continued to scream his war cry, swinging his two-handed sword overhead as he charged.

Another volley of javelins came, hitting the Celtic army hard once more, followed by another wave of arrows...and this time heavy firepots rained down on them as well! The firepots burst into flames, lighting the earth itself on fire, as well as sending many charging men into flames.

(( WJ what are you currently doing? Have you charged yet? ))

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by VikingLarz

(Sith Hunters? And the Celtics were alive in the Dark Ages along with the Vikings and the Romans and the Goth tribes of Germany.)

(( Yeah...and they were for sure alive in 121 AD, which is well before the Dark Ages. This is Rome at its best. The thing is...Vampires do not exist in the real world. And this is a real world based RPG. ;) ))

((No... if there's a tree nearby, that's where Erin is... caught by her hair... therefore, she's going to have much shorter hair by the time she charges. :D ))

The wolf whined, staring up at his owner. Erin moaned in pain and reached gently for a knife on her belt.

"I'm gonna hate this," she whispered. With a swift movement, she dragged the knife through her hair and dropped to the ground. Standing slowly, she put the knife back where it had been and rubbed her head.

War cries came to her ears and she ran toward them. Drawing her sword, she leapt into the battle. The wolf followed his owner without a noise and leapt at a man who moved to attack Erin.

Roy, from his many years dodging punches was able to dodge spears, swords, amd javelins. Roy was swinging his sword oddly, he wasn't used to a big piece of metal, so he threw it down and took out his daggar and started killing more easily like with it. All around him were dead, burning bodies, blood spattared swords and pierced shields, he knew he was fighting a losing battle.

(( I don't remember claiming that this story had anything to DO with Sweden...this is taking place in Britannia, in 121 AD...A battle is taking place between Briton Celts, and the Local Roman Legion.

Also WJ, I hate to be nit-picky, but they wouldn't move to attack you. They are in a shield wall, a defensive formation, they don't run to attack others. ;) ))

Javelins, arrows, and firepots ( Oh my! ) continued to rain down on the Barbarians as they continued there charge. Men were set ablaze, impaled, and stabbed as they battered against the Auxilia's shield wall.

The Auxilian shield wall had began to develop a few weak points in it, however, which if not taken care of, could cause it to buckle eventually.

"HOLD THE WALL!" Yelled Edward, he saw the man coming towards him, ducked and used the shield, and the man's own speed to flip him over with the shield. The fall killed him, or at least knocked him out long enough for the fire to killh im.

"YOU!" Edward pointed at one of the javeliners who seemed to have run out "GRAB THAT SHIELD AND SPEAR" he pointed at a dead roman auxila body. "AND COVER THE DAMN BREACH. DRAFT ANYONE YOU NEED TO FOR THE JOB, JUST MAKE SURE THE WALL DOESN'T BUCKLE IN!"

Edward hit a man on the head with his spear by swinging it sideways, killing him.

"Damn it. Just hold out a little longer....."

Roy was slicing in the the roman's weak points, like the armpit and around the neck area, he was extremly accurate with his daggar, alwasy cutting the right veins they would go down bleeding alot, he didn't care, he was alive and that was all that mattered. he didn't know where his sheild went but he was now using his fist as a weapon too.

I star tattacking teh shield wall, then thought to myself, "Once this thing goes down, I' msurrendering. I have to make sure my family is safe, if I don't srve rome, they'll kill my family! I have to serve them!" My two handed sword kept on bashing the wall.

My sword would eventually break, suddenly, I got a plan. I retreated from battle, far, from teh battle, then ran back in, full speed towards teh shield wall. My sword forward, as if it were a spear, and I rammed into teh shield wall, sword first, there was now a small opening in teh shield wall where I was, then, I started chopping romans with my sword, which would soon break.

(( That’s fine WJ. Ohh, I had a mean idea. ))

Skirmishers quickly rushed to fill in the gaps of the shield wall. They weren't as well trained for the job as the Auxilia, but they were better than nothing.

Erin's wolf charged towards one of the Auxilia, the one who had been shouting, Edward. As he ordered the skirmishers to fill in the gaps, the wolf leaped forwards at him.

Roy's hand was now shattered, and he had several wounds on him. Punching a shield will do that to you. He had become somewhat of a focus for the area of the wall he was on, as many of the remaining Celts were either wounded or killed, more Auxilia were free to concentrate on him.

Arthur impaled one of the Auxilia when he charged for with his sword, however this caused his sword to snap.

Javelins, flaming arrows and firepots continued to rain down on the Celts the whole time. For every Auxilia that went down over 10 Celts died. Blood ran on the field, along side the charred corpses. Javelins impaled many of the Celts fighting up front, while the arrows and firepots would burn those out of spear range.

(( This next part only happens after you take care of the Wolf, Edward. ))

The Celtic warlord, having been putting up a brave fight up front, notices Edward barking out orders. With his lack of knowledge of how Roman armies work, he mistakes Edward for the enemy 'Warlord'! He stood around 7'2!

He charges towards Edward at full speed, swiping the head clean off of an Auxilia who had gotten separated from the wall on his way. As he drew close to Edward, he leaped into the air, his axe ready to lay into Edward.

Roy was so tired, he felt more pressure on him, everytime he hit someone or something with his fist it hurt like hell, and his swipes were getting lazy, he found himself surrounded, he went to stab an auxilla but got his daggar stuck in the shield, he fell to his knees tired, bloody, battered and broken, this was the end.

"for the celts..." Roy muttered.

Archived