Home

What drives you? Light or Dark and Why?

Juha Avery

Hey im just making this thread to see how people feel about dark and light and what do they prefer?

I most likely like to be light and help everyone but dark side is so much cooler and more powerful. Im kinda in identity crisis right now and dont know what should i do... dark or light?

Well, left to make a concious decision, I'd go dark most of the time. I like the powers better, the title better, and the colors better. (Red and black are killer colors) :D

I once played through KOTOR I making my character make all the decisions I would in real life, and I ended up getting to 100 on the light side. So I say : mix it up. If you go DS the first time, go LS the second, so on and so forth.

I prefer LS.

Atleast until they give us some real Darkside options instead of "Time to die".

Just because you are Darkside doesnt neccesarily mean you are evil, or enjoy wanton cruelty. So until they deliver a more indepth darkside ability through Dialogue or plot, I'll continue to play Lightside.

Besides, Lightside isnt weak, it's what you do with your power, not the fact that you possess the power.

I finally made up my mind.

I made the dark jedi robes a little darker so it will look cool and i got purple saber and i skinned a new head and now i look cool but not evil ^^ and im going for ls.

The story would be more richer i think.

Atleast in kotor 1 it was on ls

Guest Saturnine

Well... I really don't want to be the Defender of the Light, Justice & Official Truth of the Republic .

Not that being a moronic little villain that makes crimes and causes suffering just to be evil would be that much better, but Dark Side is generally much more appealing.

KoTOR 3 really needs to have more shades of grey.

I'm purely a servant of the light.

The dark side is tempting though on particularly amusing options;

[Force Persuade] "Give me all your credits then go and jump into the central pit." :D

On my first dark side oriented play through of the original KotoR, I never achieved dark side mastery. When I got to near the end, and was forced to;

Either kill Mission, or force Zaalbar to kill her

I reloaded from my last save game and finished the game light side again. :(

Lord_malak i agree with you, only it is just a game and im not some nolifer nerd, i still feel a bit bad about every mean choise i make, IF kotor would have possibilities to be a Real sith Lord with terrible power and allmost everyone who looks at you gets scared, then i would be happy to play with dark.

I prefer the lightside. Why?

1)Better looks (blue lightsaber and dark brown robes are great - at least for me .... AND my character doesn't look like a

eighty-year-old rotted body in a black coat :) )

2)More intresting dialogue options like:

Atton: So how did your lightsaber look like?

Exile: It was unique - the Order never seen anything like it. The

blade was silver like waters of the Thousand Fountains

before the Academy

Atton: Where is it now?

Exile: ...

Atton: You lost it or something ?

Exile: It was taken from me. By the Council

Atton : .. sorry ..

Exile: It doesn't matter now. It was long time ago.... and it was

a price I had to pay ...

3)My character doesn't act like a troll :) (kill everything in the area and move to another to repeat the process)

4)Philosophy of the lightside is far more intersting - because you never know what is good. Cheroic acts can bring great misfortune if not carefully planned and organised (like mandalorian wars).

Light Side and Grey

If i really had to decide i would be gray because they dont have to listen to the Council and The Senate because The Senate is nothing but cruption and the Council ppl are wize and stuff but they Some can be asses like Vrook

im so glad he dies

And u look Cool u wear the Grey Robes which are Black and have then have a Blue and Sivler or Azure blades so cool and u can also master both sides of the force

Light side. Always. :saberb::saberg::slsaber:

1. Besides, you look horrific when you turn Dark Side. Do you like to date ugly people? I guess not.

2. Dark Side is overrated too. I WANNA TO BE RULA OF TEH GALAXY!!!!ONEONE111!!!

Not. Going. To. Happen.

3. The ways of the Sith are...just stupid. You train to become the Ruler of the galaxy and you face your master/apprentce. One of them wins and is the ruler of the galaxy. Then they usually die and they're not ruler of the galaxy anymore. It always happens. Take KOTOR for example. In the end battle while you're playing a DS character, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

(EDIT) 4. There isn't much "good" guys in KOTOR and KOTOR 2. So I figured hey I'll help the Republic.

I prefer grey, though I really think you miss out on certain things when you go grey in KOTOR 2. Like the cave and the prestige class, I think this game should have been worked out better for the grey jedi. KOTOR 1 was worked out right for the grey jedi though. Also I like some of the DS options, especially Force Persuading ppl to kill themselves. Though some DS options just make you look like a ordinary thief.

There are many factors that compel me to go Light Side:slsaber:,some of which I can remember(there are some that occur to me everyday,but don't expect me to recall them at will),and some I won't.Most apparently,I'll list down those I can recall.

1(The main reason would prolly be):I get to save people.Maybe it's due to my (real-life) physical stature-I am fat and weak and practically defenseless to even take care of myself from attacking people,much less defend the weak.It'd be something to laugh at if I manage to even limp out of "battle".

In Both game I played DS first, but I think Evil is a difficult thing to pull off subtly. I K1 DS Character turned into more of a thug than Dark Lord Of the Sith So when I generaly ended up in the grey with a slight tinge of light or Dark Depending of the Direction I decided to play.

In K2 the DS game is more subtle than in K1 and there are many more points DS to be gained by Stating your intent than always just Killing someone, But I found I missed alot of great story going all DS and found the LS game much more rewarding. Especially at the END :rolleyes: I started a new game and decided to make choices not based on getting light or dark points and instead make them Based more on my own personality and too my surprize I am deeply stuck in the light. Which makes me think that perhaps there are too many lightside points to be had in the game, But I suppose its really that I don't like to click the dialog choice that are mean or confrontational without reason.

One thing I have done a few times in KotOR was to be intentionaly Good or evil and and somepoint in the story choose a time when the PC decides to do a 180 and see IF they can end up as the vilian or hero. KotOR's Temple Summit made that way too easy though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Lightside seems to have a fuller story, at least in TSL (ironic?) than the DS option. I kind of felt that while you did have some nice DS choices to make in TSL, there also seemed to be a bunch of kinda whiny, kinda spiteful, gotta be mean just because im bitter, kinda DS choices.

I did wish the game rewarded being balanced more than it does. Its own Neutral type prestige classes would have been nice.

I just play, strangely enough, myself.

As a result, I always end up as a good guy, or in the case of KOTOR 1 and 2, LS.

I just find games more immersive if I'm myself, and pay attention to dialog options, and pick what I'd really pick. It also helps build a bit of raport with the character you're playing, since the decisions you're making, actually matter to you.

There's always time to go back and play the game in other ways. But the first time through is always special.

Grey or dark. They need to make more subtle, manipulation-type of dark side choices in the game. When I play as myself, I always end up going Neutralish... Though I lean more to the Dark Side. Guess I'm just a naturally Grey person.

EDIT: Jedi Code suxx0rz. Sith Code suxx0rz (but slightly less suxx0rz than the Jedi Code). Yay for t3h neutrals! >_<

i love playing lightside :wan: whenever i play and get a choice, i say to myself "self, what would Ben Kenobi do? i mean lets face it, the best way to go is through self sacrafice, even the best evil dude in the galaxy did that(blatanly Vader), plus i like rocking the blue and green dual wield lightsabers. and whenever i look at it, its like the jedi are sworn to protect the innocent, so i should do the same. screw being evil, being good is so much more rewarding.

Back in December, a friend of mine would taunt me with his xbox copy of KOTOR II.

One day he mentioned a 'Gray Order' which he had encountered in the game. So, when I finally got my hands on KOTOR II for the PC, I was eagerly keeping an eye out for this nuetral group of Jedi iconoclasts. Unfortunately, the 'Gray Order' is a freakin robe (though a stylish one) and, like countless other things in this game, was never implemented into the story.

But yeah, i'm a gray kinda guy. Read NJO Traitor, considered the subjective nature of morality, and leaned towards the LS in my first run through KOTOR II.

Archived