Home

Chaos Theory Demo

RoxStar

Originally posted by BawBag™

Splinter Cell is a pretty cool series of games. I've played PT, but these games are designed for the very patient gamer.

I.E. Not me. :p

werdage my haggis eating friend :D If I wanted to creep around in a ski mask completing important objectives, I'd do it in the dorm rooms at an all-girl frat house..... :D

mtfbwya

Yah, when you put a guy down, you crack his spine with your knee. Very cool :D

I liked the demo, tho twice the AI was completly retarded, twice in two seperate ocassions I grabbed someone when he was talking to someone and he started to walk, not run, away. Like he was searching for me, after I just grabbed the guy he was still talking to.

BTW, Has anyone grabbed the guy who talks about how he predicted you would grab him? I snapped his spine and threw him into the ocean, and what was really cool about it, a flash of lightning went off as he hit the water :D

And the Graphics are awesome, but Sam's eyes act like the eyes in Black and White, for anyone who has played B&W, you know what I am talking about.

And another thing, this thing is a resource hog! More than Doom3.

TiE

Holy crap you're RIGHT!!! AMAZING! This game doesn't do anything new or entertaining. You cannot do cooler moves than the first one, the story isn't different, and your weapons haven't changed at all! Plus the graphics aren't even any better!

Only, the opposite of everything I just said.

Oh, and the Mac fanboyness is tiresome leggy. nobody likes a fanboy of any platform. :p

Originally posted by Dave Grohl

WHAT!

Ah! Stupid ESRB. It says, "Rated M" on the website. :(. Well hopefully it makes the game cooler with more "mature" themes.

Great, I'm f***ed.

Parents = no M games, I had to FIGHT for Halo. Looks like I'm gonna have to do the same with this :(

So were the first two.

See, the thing is, I liked the games for the stealth of it, and the talent needed to go through w/o using a bullet or anything was part of the fun for me.

If I wanna kill people, I'll play Halo or go over to my friends house and play fable. When I wanna sneak, I play SC.

Originally posted by BongoBob

I knew someone was gonna say something along the lines of that.

Is there an option to turn off blood? Cuz that always helps(It's the only reason I can play Pop:Warrior Within).

Wow, your parents must be uber strict! o_0

Originally posted by TiE 23

I liked the demo, tho twice the AI was completly retarded, twice in two seperate ocassions I grabbed someone when he was talking to someone and he started to walk, not run, away. Like he was searching for me, after I just grabbed the guy he was still talking to.

Well come on! It was pretty retarded you grabbing someone while he was talking to someone, do you really expect the developers to think someone might do that? If you are that bothered write to them, it may gat added in a patch.

I can't even play the other ones, no pixel shader support for my laptop (nor the 256Mb Graphics card it no doubt needs) but I must admit Splinter Cell does look good. I like the sneaky games, Why do they all need pixel shaders? Theif III, Deus Ex 2, Splinter Cell, and many more I'm sure. Arrgh!

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Well come on! It was pretty retarded you grabbing someone while he was talking to someone, do you really expect the developers to think someone might do that? If you are that bothered write to them, it may gat added in a patch.

Gee, its called a human shield, gosh.

Well, they were talking to eachother in pitchblack and it was raining.

Improvments I have noticed:

Graphics and Ragdoll

More interrogation

More realistic and violent

Gameplay is basically the same, tho

More dynamic environments

Less linear

Things I have discovered:

Snapping someones spine and throwing him over a cliff is fun

The knife is uber cool

Old Lambert (voice) is back! I think

TiE

Originally posted by jon_hill987

do you really expect the developers to think someone might do that?

Yes. If they're trying to create a realistic game then they should test the crap out of it and try anything and EVERYTHING they can think of that SOMEBODY might do.

The AI will undoubtedly be smarter in the actual release though.....at least....I hope :indif:

Archived