Home

Anyone planning to make a mod for EaW?

Juggernaut1985

I prefer to ADD to a game rather than replace it... so I'll add stuff which I think would be neat. Like... if they left out the B-wing... or Z-95s... it'd be fun to add them. (Not 10000 ridiculous TIE variations though...)

And after Ep3 I get the feeling that if the ships there aren't included.. people might strive to create a clone wars era mod.

Originally posted by lonepadawan

Show me a screenshot of a Z-95. No? Then that's why I suggested them as somthing I could do off the top of my head. Since were seeing

X-Wing prototypes in the republic arsenal in Ep3

that particular piece of EU may be overturned. But I hope not... I love my old Z-95..

In the previews it says that in one mission you'd need to get the x-wing prototype.

the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor. It is even till in production and use well after the x-wing is heavily popularized. and the ectual x-wing was never an imperial unit. The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

You just know someone is going to make an NJO mod...

And you have a problem with that how?

Just to say it for the billionth time, George Lucas himself came up with the Yuuzhan Vong. He wanted the authors to create a story for them. He approved of the books before the release of them, looking through them all. NJO is pure Star Wars as are almost every book that George Lucas didn't come up with. Keep that in mind.

As for main characters dieing, George Lucas had intended for Luke Skywalker to die. He changed his mind. Keep that in mind.

And don't start an argument here, just wanted to clear it up.

Plus, if you don't like NJO, it doesn't stop others from creating a NJO mod. Ignore it or something.

:fett:

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor. It is even till in production and use well after the x-wing is heavily popularized. and the ectual x-wing was never an imperial unit. The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.

About X-wing

Official EaW Preview Quote:

....Brett showed us an opening cinematic, created almost entirely from in-game assets. The scrolling text tells of the Alliance's plans to capture a new Empire fighter prototype called the X-Wing. The camera pans across a star field, stopping just as a Rebel fleet hyperspaces in at takes up orbit around a nearby planet. Troop transports descend to the surface and land outside an Imperial base. Infantry and tanks swarm out of the ships as AT-ATs and stormtroopers rush to meet them. The Rebels gain the edge in the firefight after calling in a pair of Y-Wings to take out the Imperial AT-AT. With the Imperial forces routed, the Rebels seize the X-Wing prototypes and launch off into space.

But it's not done yet. An Imperial fleet has moved in to intercept the Rebels. Star Destroyers and waves of TIE Fighters mix it up with a small number of Rebel cruisers and squads of Y-Wings. Realizing that they can't possibly win against such overwhelming odds, the Rebels retreat, taking their new X-Wing fighters with them. The camera cuts to a very disappointed Darth Vader standing on the bridge of one of the Star Destroyers.

As for moding EaW ...hmmm...I also plan that. I'm sure that EU will be the most interesting option. A kind of Warlords Mod.

• 2 weeks later...
the z-95 is in no way the x-wing's predecessor.

Just like tonnes of people own sail boats after the invention of the diesel engine, people kept producing Z-95 head hunters after the advent of the X-Wing. That doesn't mean the X-Wing is not based on the Z-95, just that the Z-95 is still a popular design, at least for those who couldn't get their hands on an X-Wing.

X-Wings were built by Imperial-run InCom Corporation, but the project team defected to the rebellion for reasons unknown after completing a prototype fighter. They managed to make off with the prototype, the blue-prints of the fighter, and all other vital information on it, and essentially handed it over to the Alliance.

The Incom guys that brought it to the rebels brought it before the empire decided on the design. there may have been a couple of prototypes, but that's all.

Exactly. And you don't build prototypes before you have decided on the design. No one does. "Deciding on the design" involves months or years of blueprint-drawing, tech research, Virtual Reality tests, etc. So yes, if they had built several X-Wings, they'd "decided on the design."

....Brett showed us an opening cinematic, created almost entirely from in-game assets. The scrolling text tells of the Alliance's plans to capture a new Empire fighter prototype called the X-Wing (...) [description of rebel hit-and-run strike]

Couldn't have been farther off. Just like there are, what, three different accounts on how the Alliance got their hands on the Tyderium, and how there are at least two accounts on the capture of the Razor, there was bound to be deviation from canon history here, too...:rolleyes: Sigh.

Research, people, research:p!

As for those quad-winged craft in the trailer: Who says they're X-Wing prototypes? Many craft in the SW universe look like each others. Those craft are necessarily X-wing prototypes more than an Interdictor is a Star Destroyer prototype.

Dagobahn Eagle

Aspiring SW encyclopedia.:D

Archived