Home

Mappack 2 & 3 released!! -=19 maps=-

kingguru

After the huge success of Gametoast.com Mappack1 , we took the top player created maps these were tested and selected as best gameplay, good for teamplay and overall style/creativity. They all include dedicated server files so add them and enjoy!

Easy Install / Un-install instructions included in each mappack. These are installed away from retail maps. Please follow the easy drag n drop instructions.

Mappack2 features 9 great maps with various themes , get this 43mb download here :

Gamespot :

http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/starwarsbattlefront/moreinfo_6119132.html

Gametoast.com

http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=62

Mapack3 features 10 highest rated maps ever created for swbf with various levels / planets, get this Giant 94 Mb download here :

Gamespot:

http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/starwarsbattlefront/moreinfo_6119133.html

Gametoast.com :

http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=63

Kudos to Gametoast.com Modders for their hard work!

Now the question is what servers will have Map Pack 1, 2 and 3 so we can go to those servers??? If anyone can list them that would be cool.

Map Pack 2...

*Sexy Map* Custom SWBF Map (1.0) 8.1

Endor Confrontation (1.0) 8.8

Battle of Abridon City (FINAL) "abr1" 9.2

Crazy Water Arena (1.0) 7.5

Death Star Trench Run (0.5) "trench1" 8.0

Dude, Where's My Kart? 7.9

Eddies Base 42 (1.0) "edx8" 9.1

Eddies Q City (1.0) "edc6" 9.1

Geonosis : Battlegrounds (0.8 ) 7.9

Hoth : Escape "hoth6" 9.1

Map Pack 3...

Kashyyyk Plains (1.2 Final) "epI1" 8.9

Naboo : Encounter (2.0) "Nab3" 9.0

Naboo : The Phantom Menace (1.0) "NPM" 9.1

Rancors Lair "modx" 8.9

Ratooine Map (1.1) 7.5

Sandcrawler's Mountain Wars (1.0) 7.3

Sandcrawler's Maze Battle (1.1) 7.4

TAW City (1.0) 7.6

TAW Pinx Scrim Map (0.5) 7.0

Thanks for posting the maps names cowboy , for those who asked ...

Feel free to follow the mappacks progress as we will be releasing a mappack every 3 weeks at gametoast.

regarding :

Raxor i found a bug with one of the maps in the 3rd mappack, one of them didnt allow me to play one of the original maps anymore...

Plese post the map name? That's odd considering those maps have been out and play tested for weeks on the site. Also they dont touch/alter anything from the retail swbf. These mappacks go into the addon folder which has nothing to do with the shipped maps.

Bconstructor will be out in a few days , currently models with their skins ,can be extracted from swbf modded in tools like milkshape 3D and re-encoded to play in swbf.

True modding of swbf has just begun!

I re-loaded the game, updated with patches up to 1.2.

I then loaded Map Pack 1.

All good...it worked on every server that ran those maps and it still let me into the non-custom map servers.

I then loaded Map Pack 2.

Still can get into non-custom map servers...however...so far the 2 maps that I have had a chance to test are not working.

I went to serveral servers that were running those maps and they displayed the following message when I tried to join that server..."You can not play, You do not have the map currently being played"(something to that effect).

The Two maps on Map Pack 2 were...

Abridon City

Hoth The Escape

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone that is playing all the servers and have custom maps with no issues such as the one above...

Pls post...

1. What site you download your maps from.

2. What maps and what versions you download.

If this is the version issue this is the only way this will ever get figured out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought of something...

Maybe a Admin type can let us know...

Maybe...the issue is...

Each server loads the maps they want. Some of those maps have multiple versions. When looking at the Server list some of the maps say what version they are some don't. That could be part of the issue.

Because what I am thinking is to play on these servers you have to have every map they have and the matching version...other wise you get the problem I have been having. So you can't fix it by just loading the current map being played, you must load all maps/versions to match the servers rotation exactly or it will never let you in at all.

So if anyone has the capablity to get the server names along with their map rotation and the versions of each and post them this painful evolution might be resolved.

Originally posted by Rends

The Abridon map in the pack is the final version. Well it could be that a server still host the outdated beta.

But there is only one Hoth:Escape mission out .

Yep that is why I think the problem with me getting on to some of the servers are that for some reason you have to have not just the map and version of the the one currently being played but the entire rotation.

There is no reason for the Hoth Escape map not to work...unless the Abridon map is causing it because it is not the same version as the servers and there lies the pain of the situation.

I think we need a thread on here where each server posts its...

Server Name in Battlefront -

Their Custom Map roation is as follows...

Map A - Version 1.1

Map B - Version 1.0

Map C - Version 2.1

Then on and on down their rotation.

I think the problem would be simple fix if it became a simple rule of every server must run Map A - Version 1.1 vs each server running out dated maps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why if you could have Auto Downloading that would be great because you could jump around to different servers and if you are missing something or the version of the map doesn't match it would just download it for you and end the pain that this has been.

Man I hope Republic Commando doesn't have this issue since it will actually have Multiplayer with Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.

Archived