Home

KOTOR 3 wishlist

Ellderon

I have no idea if this should be here, but it certanly falls under general disscussion.

So, post your wishes for KOTOR 3.

Here are mine:

- a new system, loose the D20..it's sucks. Hell, I can think of a better one. In fact, I allready did....

- bigger patries. Total of 3 (you +2) is just too little. 4 or 5 is the best number.

- party breaking, switching controls.

Like in that mission where 3 go in that Sith temple on Duxon, and 3 others on Onderon. It really gave the feeling of a party.

That and playing as antoher charachter for a short period to withness another perspecitve (like when you control Mira or T3-M4, ot that Chezka droid)

Allso, the feel as if the party is actually doing something other than standing and waiting for you. At least trough in-game cutscenes. Immagine cruising trough the city when you recive a message from the other partymembers on ebon Hawk that they are under attack.

the game could either switch to their view and you defend the Ebon Hak with other party members ...OR... there simeply is a cutscene where you see all of the party members you left on ebon hawk guaring hte lanfing pad from advancing enemy.. OR.. you could run back to the EH with yout main char and his current party to fing the other members actually fighting and you move in to help them.

- more inter-party banter and interaction. Hell, if I'm an idiot and ignore Bastilla, why shouldn't Carth try to move in. that would add a lot of relation complexity and material for more banters and content.

- the feel as if others in the galaxy are actually capable of something. When I played KOTOR 1, all the Jadi helping me attack the Star Forge died in 5 seconds.

Immagine running to help the besiges Jedi Enclave and when you arrive you say they allready got everything under control. Now THAT would be something new, and I would like to see it a few times.

- more replayability. That can be achived by having a bit different storyline depending on what starting charachter you make.

Dragon Age, Biowares RPG in the making, has SEVERAL FULLY DIFFERENT STORYLINES depending on the starting race/class and background!

Now that might be a bit too much to ask, but some slight differences in the stroyline, maby a few different quests or areas depending on your class or aligment would be very nice indeed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm,I don't mean to sound detrimental to your hopes,but I'd say stay your hand(to type) because whatever they are,you can only hope,and LucasArts will never,ever listen to you.Unless their head dev happens to be your buddy.A close one.Nevertheless it is good to talk about your aspirations for KotOR 3.When I finish the game I'll continue to rant about *my* aspirations for KotOR3.

-MORE STEATH OPTIONS! if i want to sneak behind an enemy or even a boss and impale them for an instant kill i should be able to do that XD

-DAY/NIGHT CYCLE, this is crazy, i mean think about it. some quests you can get during daytime and some you can only finish during nighttime. that is so awesome.

-MORE CUSTOMIZABLE FACES/BODY OPTIONS! like sims 2 or eq 2 XD

-neutral endings?

I want the character appearance creation to be like in Galaxies. That would rock.

A system where random enemies continually re-spawn in certain areas, so you can always reach maximum level without glitching.

Being able to decide what your saber hilt looks like would cool.

A story that is , oh.............idk........maybe.........uhhhhhhh, complete? :p

I could go on idefinitely, so I'll stop now.

Hmm...DAY/NIGHT cycle could be handeled on two ways:

either it switches every 5 minutes

OR

there is a time system, with traveling from system ot system takes time, transition from areas to ares takes time. This would be better in my oppinion as it would allow TIMED QUESTS.

Force pull - really common force power but for some reason not seen in Kotor. Also Force Destruction - anyone remember this from the first Jedi Knight game waaaaaay back?? Very uber-powerful dark side toy.

I only have two things I’d like to see.

1. A better single player story.

2. Multiplayer option. How nice would it be to have a KOTOR player community rping and interacting with each other? Their already coming out with NWN 2 which will be online and KOTOR pretty much uses the same mechanics as NWN. The only thing that would suffer for the multiplayer would be the mini games but who really needs those? First person shooting in an RPG isn’t really needed and I could see a slightly easier to manage system for Pazak with player vs. player.

Originally posted by Scorpio Maxwell

I only have two things I’d like to see.

1. A better single player story.

I 100% agree with this. I'd definitely like to see more dialogue, more RP options.

I'd also like to have more liberty when I travel around the galaxy (i.e. not being sent directly to my ship for a cutscene, then to another planet for a quick battle and then to another planet without any control of what is going on). Other thing that annoyed me abit in K2, is the fact that I was often put in control of specific npcs without any possibility to chose or without any prior warning for long sequences of events (example: Nar Shadaa). While I understand from a storyline point of view why the designers did this, I find that a role-play game should give you more liberty.

2. Multiplayer option. How nice would it be to have a KOTOR player community rping and interacting with each other? Their already coming out with NWN 2 which will be online and KOTOR pretty much uses the same mechanics as NWN. The only thing that would suffer for the multiplayer would be the mini games but who really needs those? First person shooting in an RPG isn’t really needed and I could see a slightly easier to manage system for Pazak with player vs. player. [/b]

Personally, I think this game should remain single player. What's important in Kotor is the story and you loose this with multiplayer. Time is $ and I prefer them to invest in a strong single player campaing. I wouldn't be interested in buying a Kotor multiplayer game.

I wish KOTOR 3 is the last KOTOR game so the ending can be as open-ended as possible and it wouldn't matter.

And I say keep the d20. I like it as it is and wouldn't want to trade for something else.

Force Destruction - anyone remember this from the first Jedi Knight game waaaaaay back?? Very uber-powerful dark side toy.

Wasn't this the weird "throw-balls-of-dark-side-energy" power?

Then no. I always disliked it for being weird and unstar-warsy. Sounds too much like Dragon Ball.

I would like to learn more about the fate of Kotor I & II characters.

Where did they go and what did they do after Revan left? What the hell happened at Malachor V? I mean the unfinished Remote and G0T0 scene and Mira walking towards the Trayus Academy. What happened after that and why were they even shown? Where was everybody else?

Also, it would be nice if the choices you made in previous games had a greater influence on everything. For example, assuming that LS Female Revan -> Bastila dead was a big dissappoinment. Well, they took the easier route. :(

The force void thing needs to be completely forgotten or somehow cleared up. Now it just doesn't make any sense.

Originally posted by T01-L08

Also, it would be nice if the choices you made in previous games had a greater influence on everything. For example, assuming that LS Female Revan -> Bastila dead was a big dissappoinment. Well, they took the easier route. :(

Trouble with this is all the possibilities in Kotor 1 + all the possibilities in Kotor 2 = too many outcomes to script. Think of all the combinations, it would make Kotor 3 far too complicated. I mean as things stand Kotor 3 could end up with 16 or so different endings. If the devs take the time to give each different ending the appropriate amount of attention then fine; but chances are they won't and I'd rather have quality over quantity.

The force void thing needs to be completely forgotten or somehow cleared up. Now it just doesn't make any sense.

Cleared up perhaps but not forgotten. Devs already guilty of skipping over certain things; if they dropped what was pretty much the whole point of Kotor 2 everyone would be pissed off.

Originally posted by nas77

I mean as things stand Kotor 3 could end up with 16 or so different endings.

Actually, startings. :D Sixteen doesn't sound a lot for a few additional dialog options or cut scenes. I really hope there won't be just another new set of characters that you don't get to know all that well.

I wonder how they are going to get Revan's and Exile's faces right (if they are even included in Kotor III). Maybe they'll be wearing some kind of Sith/Jedi head buckets? :)

Actually, startings. :D Sixteen doesn't sound a lot for a few additional dialog options or cut scenes. I really hope there won't be just another new set of characters that you don't get to know all that well.

I wonder how they are going to get Revan's and Exile's faces right (if they are even included in Kotor III). Maybe they'll be wearing some kind of Sith/Jedi head buckets? :)

Head buckets??!! LoL I love it!

Anyway, I'd like to see something more StarWars-y like the first one. I like Star Wars more than I like the game system. Not that I don't like the game system, but keeping it Star Wars comes first, in my book.

Actually, startings. :D

You smart-alecky little... why I oughta... :lightning:)

Seriously though that maintains my point; there's going to be even more endings. But if handled well it *shouldn't* be a problem.

As for heads I'm guessing you're gonna get to choose them at the beginning of the game. Another thought is that surely one if not both of them is going to have to be voiced if any decent cutscenes are going to place with them in it, and I just hope any performance is going to do these characters justice.

Originally posted by Ellderon

- the feel as if others in the galaxy are actually capable of something. When I played KOTOR 1, all the Jadi helping me attack the Star Forge died in 5 seconds.

Immagine running to help the besiges Jedi Enclave and when you arrive you say they allready got everything under control. Now THAT would be something new, and I would like to see it a few times.

Yes, like on Dxun with the Mandalorians and the Sith Assassins, or in Dantooine, Militia vs Mercenries.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I don't think you shoudl choose their heads. It's just weird. Just some cloak that hides their faces is all that is needed.

It would murder any surprise of you seeing the Exile or Revan because, well, you know then you're going to see them.

You don't think cloaks hiding their faces are weird? Most players who have gone through Kotor 1 and 2 have decided what look best suits their interpretation of Revan and the Exile and I think it would be unfulfilling to deny players the opportunity to continue those looks into Kotor 3. This I think is more important than surprise - especially since that surprise won't really exist; if the ending of TSL is anything to go by we know they are going to turn up.

Archived