Home

Where did you get the game and why?

VampireNaomi

When and why did you get your copy of The Dig? What were your first thoughts?

I got it when my brother bought it for me exactly a year ago, and after taking a glance at the cover I decided that it was a crappy game. Then I tried it, fell in love and now it's one of my favourites.

It was one of the first games that I waited for. The images from the slideshow were on a magazine's CD and I really loved the look. I had played some LucasArts games before, so I knew what to expect gameplay wise. The prospect of getting one of the first developed-for-CD games with full voices and lots of animations did the rest and I got the game pretty soon after its release.

Hey!

You are spoiling a section I have intended to include in The Dig Museum!

So you better watch it!

Don't mess with me because im THE MODERATOR, HO HO HO!

ok, bye.

P.S: Nice, new avatar you have, Vampire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got it in the Lucas Arts archives pack with Full Throttle and a few other games.

I didn't play it when I first got it, I didn't know how! lol, I'm only 17 now, so I must have been really young. I did manage to beat it eventually though. I think I was still in elementary at the time. I still remember the hard time I had trying to get that damn rat into the trap, I drove myself crazy over that one!

I noticed the LucasArts site has a "patch" that is a savegame that takes place directly after you catch the rat. The puzzle is now labeled as a glitch now I suppose, lol. I did manage to beat it though, so it isn't impossible.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello again! certainly haven't visited this forum in a while...

well, my sister and i got the game back in like, '95, when it came out i think. it was the first adventure game we had ever played, i hadn't even heard of the genre... ahh memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived