Home

Anyone Got It?

ZBomber

Originally posted by TK-8252

Damnit, the ending kinda pissed me off. I'm not gonna spoil it but I wish it could have been otherwise. :(

Anyway... I wonder why they made the regular Clone Troopers so wimpy. Come on, they kicked ass in AotC. :p

You beat it already? :eek: Are you just good at FPS or was it a short game?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Marketting, they gotta make the Commandos look supremely awesome and be like "only a commando can do this job". :p[/simple answer]

Now don't label me as an EU hater (I'm not, only PARTS of the EU annoy me heavily, while others I love), but this is just their classic MO. Weaken/downplay the G-canon characters/tech in favor of the C-canon stuff.

If I were the creator of a new official Star Wars character or technology, I admit I'd be tempted to "show off" a bit with them too!

Btw, it took me a week each to beat each of the JK games. Elite Force was a short game, it took 6 hours (I think I beat it in 7 or 8, I screwed around).

As far as MP is concerned, give it time. 36 hours after release you can't expect much of anything to be out there (have they released dedicated Linux binaries for the server yet? usually those need to be tweaked and released first, and are any companies providing rental servers yet? those are another must). Sure, the first day buyers have already beaten the SP game, but those are the fanatics (apologies if I offended any fanatics reading this!). ; )

Originally posted by TK-8252

Anyway... I wonder why they made the regular Clone Troopers so wimpy. Come on, they kicked ass in AotC. :p

Yeah, the clones were wimpy in Hard Contact as well. It almost makes me lose faith in the clones that save the Jedi on Geonosis! :eek:

I got it today, and its pretty much what I expected from the demo.

Gave the MP a little whirl as well. I was a little dissapointed there wasn't any squad-basedness or similar. However, it seems to be played freakin' FAST, which I liked. There was only one server online, but hopefully more will pop up once the dedicated server binaries get released.

Got it yesterday, finished it today - quite fun but WAY too short for a FPS imo.

I like that you actually have to think to overcome some of the opposition - sometimes it seems like you're against impossible odds, right until you figure out the right way to coordinate with your teammates.

Archived