Home

I'm so avoiding Kentucky.

GothiX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These kind of obvious miscarriages of justice always depress me, because I used to assume that they would get thrown out pretty darn quick, but after reading about several people who have been jailed, lost jobs or livelyhoods due to obviously daft law enforcement I now just worry that the same will happen in this case...

Anyone find an email address for clark county sherrifs so we can email them and point out they look like idiots?

Be nice to do something constructive for a change...

Free Hat! Free Hat!

Oh wait... :p

Man, that sucks. Kentucky is right above me :(

What the hell was the court/law enforcement thinking when they arrested the kid? Honestly, these policemen just jump on anything that kids do these days.

*awaits news story about police arresting kids for carrying highlighters*

The same thing happened at my elementary school in California. A 6th grader who was smart and liked to write, made a story similar to the story. Luckily he wasn't arrested or anything, though he was expelled. He was a cool kid, too.

Everyone is a suspect, everyone is a victim, fairness and hard work are gone, and common sense is M.I.A. :disaprove

This was before terrorism and Columbine, so this has always been a problem.

TiE

1. Free speech?

2. Zombies have nothing to do with terrorists. (unless you read the Tabloids)

3. How can they consider something like that a threat?

4. Why did they raise bail?

5. If they do think a student is troubled, why don't they try counseling first?

6. What were his grandparents snooping around for?

7. The whole town has been over-run by zombies. I wish they were seeking brains.

So this kid can rent Dawn of the Dead at Blockbuster, but not write about it?

I'm tired of how this country is so freaked out about terrorists. I turn the news on and I get this vibe like "omfg the terrorists are right around the corner and are about to jump out and plant bombs and explode our babies run!!!1 But wait! I must film it and die for the country so they can see the horror!"

*important news man* "Wait thers no need to run, the terror alert level was raised to indigo!"

Firstly, I will say Im a bit disappointed, I though this was going to be one of those cool stories where someone discovered a finger in their KFC .....

secondly, reading that linky, that is just damn ridiculous...that poor high school kid getting arrested as a terrorost for writing about zombies ..... wow, Im glad nothing like that happens in australia(yet)......

mtfbwya

Originally posted by XERXES

omfg the terrorists are right around the corner and are about to jump out and plant bombs and explode our babies run!!!1

XD

I get the same vibes, it's been that way since 9/11. Every time those buildings show up in any show or movie my mom always goes "Look, the twin towers! There they are! Ooooo, creepy!". And everyones been on terror alert orange, like in American Dad.

I mean, it's not like I don't care about what happened on 9/11, but it's like the terrorists won, it's like they got what they wanted, because now we're all terrified.

:/

Am I the only one that thinks it'd be an interesting death to die by "terrorists"?

Who wants to die being old, rotting in the house, and the only reason you were found was because your death stench bothered your neighbor while they did yoga?

And yes, the terrorists won, look at the TV. All we ever hear about is this BS. I just love to yell at people that bring that crap up "STOP BEING A PANSY! Who cares if a terrorist drank the same milk as you, if anything that means it's NOT poisoned."

People need to accept their own mortality. -_-

Originally posted by TiE 23

Everyone is a suspect, everyone is a victim, fairness and hard work are gone, and common sense is M.I.A. :disaprove

Gotta love Lewis Black yo. :D

So that's why they're called terrorists! :o

:rolleyes:

I'm going to write a short story about how a character that sounds like me, but isn't, takes over the world and destroys a government that sounds like the US, but isn't... oh and it doesn't take place on Earth.... and it uses technology we don't have. I'm a terrorist from the future!

Anywho... I say we get the garden hose, and drag the judge, district attorny, and police officers involved in this case out back.

That's so stupid. What the heck are they thinking?!

Sounds like the state's a wee bit paranoid from playing Resident Evil and watching B-rated horror movies. I seriously doubt terrorists are recruiting legions of the undead that eat brains. Good thing the town's not called Raccoon City, or they'd probably give the kid the death penalty. :rolleyes:

Archived