Home

Your dumbest death ever

NiteFox

Okay, what is the stupidest, most bone-headed, hair-brained death you've ever suffered?

I think my best has to be the first time I attempted the convoy capture mission with the Hurrim. I didn't think that I would engage enemy forces early on, so I poured all the shield energy into engines.

I inspect the first Bulk Transport, and swing up to inspect the nearby Container Transport. Unfortunately, I was moving so fast I smashed into it rolleyes.gif

It was not a death.. but it was a close one

I was having fun in a TIE Fighter, trying to take out an ISD. Just blew away one of the shield Gens, and was going to extend, when i get hit by fire from the ISD... knocked out my controls.

I then litterally SCRAPED along the ISDs hull, praying like crazy that i wouldn't get shot. Scraped along, and started heading into space.... and actaully was still living once my Controls got repaired.

It wasa Multi-player game.. so no film for proof.. it would have rocked

I think the most embarressing thing I ever did was to be shot down by the zero G stormtroopers in the 'Aeron planting a listening device' mission. I transferred sheild energy to engines to engage them quicker, and a couple of shots got through, disabling my controls. I thought, 'Sod it, if I go to max sublight speed, they'll never catch me, and when I'm repaired, I'll turn and get 'em. But I happened to fly straight head on into the path of another new group fresh from the transport, who blew me away.

But no bad luck tonight, as...I have just completed the game, for the first time, with no skipped missions and never using invunerability or unlimited ammo! That's an achievement for me, that is. All the medals are mine, all mine, hahahaaha!!! *gibber gibber*

------------------

That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?

Well, I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.

• 1 month later...

ok, i was attacking a space station once. i had just finished it off and was pulling up and away from it, putting all energy into the sublight drive when a b-wing plowed right into my x-wing destroying us both, good thing was that aupon destroying the station all goal were conpleated so i got to keep going.

It was a long time ago...

I think it was in that scramble mission where you have to defend your mothership from that e/ties.

I was in a turning fight with one of them and as I was rolling up, getting slowly but steadily the tie in my gunsight....

the I saw something massive infront of me !

Yeap, although I've tried to evade it, I failed miserably and crushed into the Calamari Cruiser !

The only satisfaction, was that moments before I died, I saw the spark of the e/tie's explosion.... wink.gif

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Hmm.. I've crashed into the hanger a couple of times, trying to be clever and fly as close as possible before engaging tractor beam. In the mission where you have the reactor testing station I've got myself trapped inside and blown up in the resulting explosion when I lost the exit. I've also taken my eyes off the monitor and flown into a Gunboat when I was virtually crippled. Smart stuff huh?

I was practicing shooting Tie-Fighters.

At a moment when I was heavily damaged, the next wave didn't come, while I couldn't see any Tie left on the radar, nor was any of them shooting at me. so I knew there should be one left out there, and it would be somewhere on the border of both the radars screens. No I didn't use the button to look up, left and right. Neither did I check the 3D map for the location of the Tie_fighter. So I just pulled my ship up to search for the Tie who apparently flew 2 meters above my ship.

Both my ship as the Tie-Fighter were destroyed...

[This message has been edited by Vlad Handar (edited November 27, 2001).]

LOL did't you hear it's engines?

okay, another online experinace, this was a multi-ship furball .. a Free for all agaisnt 8 differant craft types. I was being brave and decided on flying a Y-wing.

Well i was blasting things away, and somehow got a A-wing mad at me (flown by an AI) he chewed me up preaty bad, lost my shields, most of my armor, lasers, sensors (all of them). So i was stuck inside a pig, with a porthole to look thru. i felt like a bloody peice of meat in a shark tank. Took the blasted A-wing 30 seconds to get me and finish me off.

Archived