Home

Which game has the best music?

Which game has the best music  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which game has the best music

• KOTOR I
    • KOTOR II: The Sith Lords

Easy question, easy to answer.

Don't fight, no debate please, just state your opinion and accept other people's preferences.

Which game has the best music between KOTOR I and TSL?

I say TSL. The music is a lot more dramatic. KOTOR I had good music but I felt it was too much "video game-ish". Ok, so it's a video game but still :xp:

The real part which made me choose TSL is the Jedi Theme(under "Music" select Jedi).

Entering the Dantooine Rebuilt Jedi Enclave with the music, the tree and the beautiful setting made me cry. Really. It was so...moving.

No, not really.

Being I like them both just about the same.

(Guess it was easy to answer ;))

K1

For instance Malaks theme, or the final battle theme in K1, or Revans theme, or Bastilla's, or the track when you fought the sith inside of Anchorhead, etc..All pwn. Though I do wish Bio had used Carths theme in game, though I think it shows up in the credits; being 1 of my favorites from that score.

TSL

Also very into the track you mentioned (probably 1 of my favorites from the whole score of TSL), or Kreia's theme(s). The Exiles themes very well done also. I really dug the music on the Hawk as well.

Conclusion

They both pwn. Since you're making me pick one....... *closes eyes & clicks*

I'm gonna go with TSL on this one. Both games have their highlights, e.g.:

Kotor - Bastila's theme, battle with Malak, Dantooine music

TSL - Jedi theme, Civil war, final battle

but Kotor also has a lot of tracks which really bug me, e.g. the Taris lower city and the Ebon Hawk music. I know what you mean by 'video-gamish' and that's what I think of these tracks. TSL by contrast doesn't have these - every track would fit right into a movie adaptation. More importantly they really emphasise the scenes they accompany: the Jedi theme was indeed moving and the Civil war theme was really adrenaline pumping. With Kotor only half the tracks provided the same effect.

i'd have to say kotor II because it didn't sound like somebody playing some tunes on several keyboards (which is what kotor I music sounded like).

don't get me wrong, i just think the musical scores for kotor I would have been much better if they were done with a real orchestra like the kotor II soundtrack.

my only complaint with the kotorII soundtrack: the actual quality of the music files reminds me of a cassette tape. i'm sure the original recordings were much better.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Entering the Dantooine Rebuilt Jedi Enclave with the music, the tree and the beautiful setting made me cry. Really. It was so...moving.

That moment was amazing, made something strange with my heart :)

The first and last time when we can see "true Kreia" and feel sympaty for her.

Magic moment, worth to be remembered :)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Don't fight, no debate please, just state your opinion and accept other people's preferences.

Which game has the best music between KOTOR I and TSL?

I say TSL. The music is a lot more dramatic. KOTOR I had good music but I felt it was too much "video game-ish". Ok, so it's a video game but still :xp:

The real part which made me choose TSL is the Jedi Theme(under "Music" select Jedi).

I agree with every word you said.

Going to the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave on Dantooine and hearing the music and the view of it as whole was so touching.

Originally posted by legameboy

Definitely KotOR II. Does anyone know how I can get the actual, stand-alone music files for this game? I want to transfer them to my Mac for enhanced musical enjoyment. :p

Correction: The .wav files themselves don't want to play when I tell them to. I have to transfer them to an audio editor such as Nero Wave Editor in order to play them and convert them to a .aif or .mp3 file.

Statement: Man, I'm starting to type like HK-47...

I voted for KOTOR I. For me, it's not even close. I don't know what it is about TSL, but while the music was well done, very little of it stuck with me after I played it. I even noticed this as I was playing; that I was not really taking note of the different music in each area, as I was continually doing in the original. The original's music, in general, seemed much more haunting and moody - even going all the way back to the hideout on Taris.

KOTOR2, hands down.

Was it just me, or was the battle music from the Onderonian Palace - were you are defending Queen Talia - was eerily reminiscent of the Phantom Menace music...

Smug Condesention: That's what you get from playing KOTOR 2, Meatbag.

D'OH!!!!!!!

Archived