Home

Were you mad at KOTOR2 ending?

TheOutrider

What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?

• It was good/awesome
    • Meh nothing special
    • Horrible I loathed it
    • I didn't really care

I was. The ending was one of those "Lets slap on something cheesy so we can get the xbox version out by christmas!" endings. I mean it was alot of crap and all my friends and stuff agree with me, my uncles boycotting lucasarts cause of it (a bit overdoing it). But anyways whats your opinion?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't really care.

Kept with the ESB feel of the game & an obvious stepping stone to K3.

Though, after hearing some of the cut dialog, I wouldn't have minded seeing what OE had planned.

But as it stands now, I can live with it. Nothing drastic enough to make me "boycott" a company...... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FiEND_138

. Nothing drastic enough to make me "boycott" a company...... :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking :rolleyes: he posts here so it will be a matter of time before he shows up

back on topic

I really think they shouldn't have cut out the ending. It would have definetely been a much better game with the full ending.

Originally posted by TheOutrider

The ending was one of those "Lets slap on something cheesy so we can get the xbox version out by christmas!" endings.

The ending might have been somewhat... lacking but I wouldn't call it 'cheesy' - that would have been "yay the bad guy's dead now let's hold hands and have a sing-song" - in fact it was quite the opposite.

That aside I'm not really upset with the ending, regardless of the many questions left unanswered. It's the same as in ESB (^^FiEND_138^^): I wasn't bothered about not knowing the fate of Han Solo or whether Vader was really Luke's father nor not knowing a damn thing about the Emperor because I knew, or at least guessed, that would become clear in ROTJ. The same applies provided there is a KOTOR 3. I think that if Kotor 3 provides an enjoyable continuation of TSL (which in fact would be easier to pull off as it stands compared to a tight and conclusive end to TSL which would effectively put Kotor 3 in a strait-jacket) people would forget the cut material and what could have been and instead say 'actually that wasn't so bad'.

Of course if there isn't a Kotor 3 then I might be more than a little pissed off.

Originally posted by TheOutrider

my uncles boycotting lucasarts cause of it (a bit overdoing it). But anyways whats your opinion?

Not because of the ending to KOTOR II Pat, but because KOTOR II is another in a long line of games lucas arts released early to cash in on instead of waiting for the developers to finish the product. Bioware was big enough that lucas arts wasn't able to force them into an early release. That's one great game in ten years. They just fired alot of people at lucas arts. I hope the idiot who moved up the xbox release for x-mas was one of them.

The only thing I loved about the ending (as a Light Sider) was the extensive dialogue with Scion and especially Kreia.

I appreciated the final meeting with the Jedi Masters and Kreia smacking them down.

The confrontation with Darth Nihilus was VERY disappointing.

Some of the cutscenes from the Malachor V levels made no sense. Earlier, the Ebon Hawk falls down into a huge crevace with tons of rocks with it. Later, the Ebon Hawk comes flying in with no scratch on it to save me and fly off into space.

Speaking of flying off into space, the very abrupt ending upset me to no end.

This ending made the Dark Side ending in KOTOR look like an award winning movie.

I agree about the ending, though the DS ending wasn't all that great either, it still was better. The endings didn't quite match KOTOR1's endings, like the LS one where you could almost here the ending music of EP IV. Though the endings of K2 are like the one of EP V.

Crap!

I was like...WTF?

Didn't GOTO destroyed the Remote? What is it doing here?

Why the hell am I going in alone?

How the hell does this Sion guy keep ressurecting (NOTE - I'm not reffering to the replenish enemy helth as a game mechanic to make things interesting, as this has been done before, but it was never mentioned that the enemy rose up again so it was assumed you just surpried hm, not actually hacked him.)

Since when does the old crow know the future? Didn't Yoda say the future is allways in motion?

If she can kill those 3 Jedi Masters why doesn't she kill me with one swing on her arm?

Why the hell do I HAVE to go beyond the Rim? Looks like some cheap LOTR copy of the Voyage to the West or something..but it doens't have as nearly the coherence or imotional charge of that

Why do I have to go alone? Why is it a secret where I'm going? Wouldn't it be better for hte Republic to be WARNED?

Like I siad..CRAP...

It was lame, but not as lame as everyone said it was (to me). It it didn't leave much to be desired, at the time (until I found out about ALL the stuff they cut:mad: ). So, compared to its original ending, it was bogus. Stand alone, it was below average.

i was dissapointed with the end and the supposed plot twist that i saw coming a mile off as it was spoon fed to me from the beggining so that it was no surprise when it happened

however i still intend to buy kotor 3 but i hope they get bioware back to help with the storyline

Originally posted by Ellderon

Crap!

If she can kill those 3 Jedi Masters why doesn't she kill me with one swing on her arm?

This is from my play experience from a Light Side Jedi.

Kreia never had a wish to destroy the Exile unless the exile was never could get the courage to destroy her.

Throughout alot of her dialogue with a Light Side character close to the end of the game, you do get the impression that she admires Exile and truly wanted him to succeed, even though it required her eventual destruction. To return some sort of balance.

As for her admiration of the Exile, no better proof is than in her long speech with the 3 Jedi Masters:

*Kreia walks in*

Kreia: Enough!

*Forve Wave*

Kreia: Step away from him.

*Vrook gets up, steps forward*

Vrook:Wh-?

*Force Wave*

Kreia: Step away! He has brought truth, and you condemn it? The arrogance! You will not harm him. You will not harm him ever again.

Kavar: I thought you had died in the Mandalorian Wars...

Kreia: Die? No - became stronger, yes.

Vrook: Is this your new master, Exile? If so, then you follow Revan's path. Her teachings wil cause you to fall as surely she did.

*Zez-Kai Ell activates lightsaber*

Zez-Kai Ell: We sought to lure the Sith out...and now they have come to us.

Kreia: As you would pass judgement on him, I have come to pass judgement on you all.

*Kavar and Vrook activate lightsabers*

Kreia: Do you wish to feel the teachings born of the Mandalorian Wars? Or all wars, of all tradgedies that scream acoss the galaxy? Let me show you - you, who have foreseen the galaxy through the Force.

Kreia: How could you ever hope to know the threat you face, when you have never walked in the dark places of the galaxy - faced war and death on such a scale. If you had traveled far enough, rather than waiting for the echo to reach you, perhaps you would have seen it for what it was. There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side - it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew of such places...and the power in making them. They can be used to break the will of others...of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the darkside. Did you ever wonder how Revan corrupted so many of the Jedi, so much of the Republic, so quickly? The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk from...save one. And that is what I sought to understand. How one could turn away from such power, give up the Force, and still live. But I understand what happened now.

*leans over the Exile*

Kreia: It is because you were afraid.

___

IMO, she sought some sort of balance to return to the Force, seeing the Exile in an Anakin Skywalker type of role.

Remember, the Jedi Order, though surviving, was PATHETIC. It could not resist the new threats and the Republic was in deep trouble. Kreia could not allow the Sith to completely take over.

She didn't kill them. She just sort of erased them I'm not really sure, but it was made clear that they wern't really dead. And besides, you have to take in to consideration the fact that these masters have been in hiding for 5 years. Thier power has atrophied, while Kriea has hordes of ancient sith knowledge at her command.

Mad would be too strong of a term. Disappointed, perhaps.

Later, the Ebon Hawk comes flying in with no scratch on it to save me and fly off into space.

Actually, if you look closely

you can see in the cutscene that the Ebon Hawk is pretty badly dented.

Originally posted by Ellderon I feel as tough it breaks canon.

Nothing breaks canon as much as Darth Nihilus. Eating a planet through the force? Spare me the rubbish.

And the other uber-canonbreaker: the death of the force? You gotta be kidding me?!

Preposterous and anti-StarWars!

Sure, it could have been done, but with much more content. TSL is too small and too short to convince about that kind of story-hooks, in the Star Wars universe.

... still a great game, but things like this bring it down in the long run.

I actually don't find such things as non-canon most of the time. All they needed to do in the game is explain it thoroughly. I was excited to here that I was going to face a sith lord so ppowerful that he could sever the life of an individual through the force... until I fought him and he was as weak as a cat with no claws or teeth.

The whole killing through the force make sense. Now the death of the force on the other hand... well... that kind of stuff is about as high a quality as the NJO series. ^_^

Disappointing, yes. Enough to piss me off? Hell no. The game was plenty great, and despite the vague ending, it can still be a good one. Just use your imagination and think deeper into it, unlike certain TSL haters at GameFAQs... *shudders* Such horrid grammar... raping of the english language I say! A rape! Anyways, I agree with Warmaker in my point of view. Raise da roof!

Archived