Home

Were you mad at KOTOR2 ending?

TheOutrider

What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?

• It was good/awesome
    • Meh nothing special
    • Horrible I loathed it
    • I didn't really care

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by legameboy

I don't want to use my imagination in this game! It's like having to guess whether Darth Vader is Luke's father and never finding out... =\

Then don't. And cry at night, wondering, always wondering... WILL THE RABBIT EVER GET T3H TRIX?!

Originally posted by jblue789

Then don't. And cry at night, wondering, always wondering... WILL THE RABBIT EVER GET T3H TRIX?!

How did you know! :p

Ah well... I guess things could always be worse. The entire game could suck. At least I've got that first dozen hours. :)

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either... it was just a little too short. It would have been so much better if you actually knew what was going on with

Mira and Hanhar and the crew of the Ebon Hawks fate etc. At first it seemed unexpected... but later on the ending just seemed... odd

Originally posted by montnoir

Nothing breaks canon as much as Darth Nihilus. Eating a planet through the force? Spare me the rubbish.

And the other uber-canonbreaker: the death of the force? You gotta be kidding me?!

Preposterous and anti-StarWars!

Sure, it could have been done, but with much more content. TSL is too small and too short to convince about that kind of story-hooks, in the Star Wars universe.

... still a great game, but things like this bring it down in the long run.

totally agree... I meas, as Obi-Wan put it, the Force is a enertgy field. How can you kill energy? It cannot be destroyed or created - it jsut changs form..

Oh yeah..why do all the recen bad guys have to look so cartoonishly evil?

Darth Sidius(as senator) and count Dooku look normal. It would be kinda hard for Sith to do anything if you can tell from lightyears away who they are.

Actually, about the death of the force, Atris says it is prepostrous and impossible but Kreia still believes it can be done.

So no, it's not really a canon-breaker since it's impossible.

Nihilus is more about sucking the life out of people then "eating" a planet. Katarr, for example, still exists but there is nothing on its surface.

People seem to equal "destruction of a planet" with the image of the Death Star destroying Alderaan. You have to put it in context.

The destruction on the scale of the Death Star is very different then razing everything on the surface of a planet.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Nihilus is more about sucking the life out of people then "eating" a planet. Katarr, for example, still exists but there is nothing on its surface.

People seem to equal "destruction of a planet" with the image of the Death Star destroying Alderaan. You have to put it in context.

I would say that sucking the life out of everyone on a planet (EXCEPT one) can be called "eating" a planet. I didn't mean that he actually ate the entire ball of dirt that was the Miraluka homeworld... I mean, come on... there are certain limits for everything...

If you know your Fantastic Four comics, then you must have heard of Galactus - The Devourer of Worlds. He sucks out the life-energies of worlds (meaning people, animals and plants) and uses those energies to sustain himself, basically. He has done this periodically in the Marvel-universe comics, since the 60-s.

Now I can't remember for sure, but from Visas' descriptions I got the feeling that was what Darth Nihilus did too, although they say he just sucks the Force out of the force-sensitives, I got the feeling he CUT OFF/SUCKED OUT all life on Katarr, the Miraluka homeworld, including people, animals and plants. Leaving only a wasteland.

... and I just don't see anyone doing something like that with the Force, from George Lucas' - Star Wars. That's why he used the Death Star and the Death Star II instead of:

"The Emperor stands at the viewport of an Imperial Shuttle, waves his hand and Yavin IV implodes, after that he makes a mental image of the son of Skywalker and kills him, then he returns to the passenger seat and returns to Coruscant. Landing on Coruscant, he sees a small girl eating candy, being the evil bastard that he is, he lunges at the child and takes the candy from her. The little girl, makes a face at him and kicks him in the shin - he is dead before he hits the ground".

What was my point? Oh yeah! Nihilus as a concept is so overpowered that he damages the story. And his role in the story is badly handled as he is hardly used before he is unnecessarily and very-easily killed.

Yea, i'm disappointed of the ending too after i've read te dialogs of the cut ending and how it was possibly meant to be =[

And it's no good open ending imo, simply because the fate of your party members is completely missing as mentioned above...

Even after i learned about the fate of most of your companions in the cut ending dialogs, i still can't figure out what happened to Bao-Dur, why Mira awakes on the surface of Malachor V and how she got there, and the encounter between Remote and G0-T0.

And yes, Nihilus was a joke in battle, but since the Exile is a wound in the force (plus the ingame balance being kinda broken :p ), draining life from him via the force as Nihilus did could have possibly weakened him... :eyeraise: ^^;

~

From my point of view, he's more of a monster that gets down on the planet and kills everything on it then just somebody who stands on the Ravager and simply destroys the planet. I had more that impression then some kind of WMD from space.

I do agree that its a weird concept but like Obi Wan says, it's all a matter of point of view.

A great ending to a great game. It gives a great story to build upon. Having The Exile chase down Revan and join him, and rise up against the real Sith.

This all leads to one question: If Revan is the strongest Sith Lord ever, why is he seeking to destroy the true sith? Possibly to augment his power even more... but revan isn't the kind of person that just blindly goes somewhere to increase his power, is he?

Kreia talks about this.

Revan fell to the darkside on purpose in order to strenghten the Republic for what was going to come(the true Sith).

It was some sort of sacrifice. The Republic was already weak and a stagnent beast, lacking the infrastructure to support itself(as Goto pointed out).

Had the Sith conquered the Republic(under Revan mind you), it would have a certain strenght to fight off this new threat. Which is why he left many Republican military installation intact, only killing the leaders who distabilizes the place.

His war of conquest was just to protect the galaxy.

Quite odd when you think about it, but there is a certain truth.

Whether or not the Exile becomes light or dark, the ending is the same as the Sith order finds some stability or the Jedi order does. In either case, both are stronger then they were.

It ties in well with the events of the Star Wars PT.

If you think carefully, the Jedi order in AotC did not wait a long time before sending its Jedi to fight a war while during the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi were reticent in joining the fight.

It could be that the new order created after the Exile, was indeed less arrogant in its teachings, more capable of reacting to threats.

I must say I liked the ending. Not in the "OMG ROXORZ!!1one" kind of way, but still - it seemed coherent with the storyline.

Of course having seen so many "OMG TEH ENDING SUXORZ!!" posts, kept my expectations very low.

Perhaps me not being very much "into" starwars makes a difference. This is the first starwars game I've really played, and I didn't care much for the new movies. So some things that might be preposterous in a "Lucas' Star Wars Universe" doesn't bother me.

It could be better though -

The GOTO/Remote thing is of course highly annoying - at least they could've cut it all.

There is also a (too) big difference in how polished the planets seem, with Dantooine being the lowpoint.

Now, the Disciple ... that pisses me off more than anything else

WTF is he doing in a basement-of-death???

How did he get there?

Has he survived by eating holocrons?

WTF is his role in the plot???

It may be I didn't uncover everything, but it seemed like he was 99% scripted out of - or never really scripted into - the plot.

Everyone and their master also die pretty much at sight, but thats just a general balancing problem though. Problem is how weak that makes the bosses.

Originally posted by C. Skye

She didn't kill them. She just sort of erased them I'm not really sure, but it was made clear that they wern't really dead. And besides, you have to take in to consideration the fact that these masters have been in hiding for 5 years. Thier power has atrophied, while Kriea has hordes of ancient sith knowledge at her command.

ERm... excuse my but I don't think a Jedi will become weaker if he doesn't kill people or fry them with lightning. Yoda was on that planet for years, old as hell and is still a power.

Besides, if a Jedi is in hiding, that deosn't mean he doesn't use the Force at all or that he doesn't meditate and stuff...

Topic... The ending was open ended and could of been much better.. They left a loop-hole in the game though with HK-47... The game never explained where the HK-50 droids were being made.. Which was proberly the whole planet they took out the game..

Originally posted by Ellderon

ERm... excuse my but I don't think a Jedi will become weaker if he doesn't kill people or fry them with lightning. Yoda was on that planet for years, old as hell and is still a power.

Besides, if a Jedi is in hiding, that deosn't mean he doesn't use the Force at all or that he doesn't meditate and stuff...

Think about it this way: the force is a muscle. You can build it up and it will stay at the same build, but it will become relaxed and un-conditioned over time if not exercised.

Originally posted by legameboy

Think about it this way: the force is a muscle. You can build it up and it will stay at the same build, but it will become relaxed and un-conditioned over time if not exercised.

Can you say bullshtift on these fora?

The motive is deus-ex-machina, the story needs them to die, right then and there and without further ado. Simple.

PS Never screw with the deus-ex-machina.

I was impressed with the game - right up until the Academy. The whole Telos scene, while lacking in sense, has some awsome scenes in it. When you first board the Ravenger, battling to get to Nihilis, and the breaking of the lines on the Station. They really could have done the Academy much better - and saved us Kreia's "here's what happens" speach. I much prefered the ending of the first KotOR, because while you knew there was a blatent set up for another, they didn't try to predict the future. Hopefully there will be a content patch.

My least fav. moment:

"I'll use you to figure out where these fakes are coming from."

Hmm... Where -were- they coming from? ( I know, I know. I've read up on that.)

Well, maybe LA will see the public outcry about how crappy the cutting out of the scenes is, and order a content patch.

I don't know about you, but just read thisclick here

Nominees Announced for 5th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards

New Studio

Cryptic Studios (City of Heroes)

- Michael Lewis

Crytek (Far Cry)

- Avni Yerli, Cevat Yerli, Faruk Yerli

inXile entertainment (The Bard's Tale)

- Brian Fargo, Matthew Findley

Obsidian Entertainment (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords)

- Chris Avellone, Chris Jones, Darren Monahan, Chris Parker, Feargus Urquhart

the Behemoth (Alien Hominid)

- John Baez, Tom Fulp, Brandon LaCava, Dan Paladin

Writing

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar North / Rockstar Games)

- Dan Houser, James Worrall

Half-Life 2 (Valve Software / Vivendi Universal Games)

- Marc Laidlaw

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (High Voltage Software / Vivendi Universal Games)

- Matt Entin, Ed Kuehnel, Eric Nofsinger

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Intelligent Systems / Nintendo)

- Nate Bihldorff, Ryota Kawade

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Obsidian Entertainment / LucasArts Entertainment)

- Chris Avellone

I just finsihed playing the LS ending i was like ok thats it, asking aobut the furture and then you see the ebon hawk. At the start of the game i thourght Keira was annoying but i actully liked her in the end, but so many things unaswered but could have been better like with your crew as well seeing them one last time like atton or visa seeing them go somewhere.

CHEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that endin either LS or DS was soooooooo cheesy!!!!

come on... I expected something like really cool that would open a lot of question while staying in a small range of possibilities...I thought more of something like you get knock out and u wake up to find revan rescuying you with the ebon hawk or something...

BUt this ending was so cheesy!! the worst part i think were those sith maurauders or sith lords you find before fightint sion on Malachor...Some actually looked awful like they just put them so quickly to release the game...I excpected to see more old characters too i mean HK is super cool T3 is nice bastila is alright but carth.??? I guess i thought seeing Mission or Jolee would have been cooler...I guess that sthe challenge with sequels though...but the game was overall good....Just a really cheesy ending

Archived