Home

My New Projects

hatrus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I think it'd be pretty fun to have a WW2 themed mod for JA, you still aren't allowed to use DICE/EA's materials in any other game than Battlefield.

Maybe you weren't paying any attention to the License Agreement to install the Battlefield MDT. Not many people do.

Here are the more important parts that you would have missed-

'solely for your personal noncommercial

use in connection with EA's products'

'EA owns all of the rights, title and interest

in the Tools & Materials.'

'you may not use the Tools & Materials

to promote another product or business'

Now, as long as you take down the offending (not so much offensive, as they are against their license agreement, and these forums are hosted by people that wouldn't want to get sued by ea) images from this thread then you should be fine.

You can always shoot an email off to them, and ask for permission, but you'd probably have a better chance asking the easter bunny for a BMW.

That doesn't keep you from making a ww2 mod, but you'd need to make new models with new textures to replace the ones that are from battlefield.

well i doubt anything will happen. we've all seen many many ports like predator, master chief, etc. posted here adn nothing happened. some of the models are edited as are the skins so its not direct ports for all. and im willing to takes the risk with releasing the mod/map. ill talk to orbitius tho. but thx for bringing it to my attention.

good call i wouldnt have caught the sneaky bastard if you hadnt mentioned this. i know know that my cousin who is learing to model (by me) registered a bunch of forums and posted **** about me. ive found 2 so far: here and on pcgm. he said he would get even with me cause i refused to take him to best buy to buy battlefront and the rpg thing battles or something. what better way then to make me look like an ass on my own computer. sorry guys, what ever he wrote im sure it was very objectional.

aha he had left us logged in to his little fake name and i didnt realize it. so just to be sure that was me in the post above b ut my cousin mike in the obnacious post. is there some how an admin can make it that my hatrus account is the only account that can be created on my ip address? that would help thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my newest project, a map with Orbitius. The map is Omaha Beach D-Day Invasion. It has a bunker system and will remind you of the bunkers in MOHAA. It also has an air strip, and the two imfamous pillboxes. For the allies is a carrier with planes, and there will be a battleship using stationary vehicles as turrets.

Weapons and Vehicles for this map are as follows:

Panzer Tank - Fires standard anti-tank round plus MG

Nebelwerfer - Fires Rocket-Artillery rounds at tanks

Junker Fighter - Fires 2 MG's and drops bombs

V2 Rocket - Player guided kamikazi vehicle

Sherman Tank - Fires standard anti-tank round plus MG

Mustang Fighter - Fires 2 MG's and fires unguided missiles

Goblin Jet Fighter - Fires 4 MG's faster air superiority fighter

Battleship Turrets - Fires linked bunker-busting rounds

AA Guns - Fires 4 rapid heavy MG's at oncomming aircraft

Colt 1911 Handgun - Replaces blaster_pistol

M1A1 Tompson SMG - Replaces blaster_r

Gewehr 43 Sniper Rife - Replaces disruptor

MP44 Assault Rifle - Replaces heavy_repeater

M1A1 Bazooka - Replaces merr_sonn (kills tanks in 4 shots)

M35 Potato Masher Grenade - Replaces thermal

TNT Trip Bombs - Replaces trip_mine

C4 Explosive - Replaces detpack

Possible Allied Player Model

Possible Axis Player Model

As you can see this wil lbe like a mini-mod that requires no programming. There will be a trailer released later dorected by Zappa_0. Expect action packed scenes from that. Here are some screenshots of the WIP Map:

beachfront1jt.jpg

compound3pm.jpg

bunkercomm5dl.jpg

airfield9id.jpg

carrier7tz.jpg

mp44rifle3yz.jpg

parachute0uz.jpg

bazookaaction7ak.jpg

I could use some help from someone (LightNinja), to animate the V2 rocket so that it takes off verticles then turns horizonta to fly. And to replaces the Emplaced_Gun with a MG42 machinegun.

Comments and Suggestions please.

Is this map/mini-mod trying to recreate authentic World War II weapons and technology, or is it a "what if scenario," like BF 1942's Secret Weapons of WWII expansion? If you're going for authenticity, it might be good to change a few things:

1. P-51 Mustangs were not carrier aircraft. Perhaps you could make a replacement carrier aircraft, like a Grumman Hellcat or a Supermarine Seafire (basically Spitfires that flew off of carriers).

2. The Goblin fighter was never used in WWII. The only jet the Allies used in the war was the RAF's Gloster Meteor, and even then the jet only saw limited action defending London from V-1 flying bombs. Again, a replacement fighter might be in order.

3. I know that both sides implemented radar stations, but the dishes on the bunker and airfield look too much like satellite dishes to me. Instead of having a uniform gray texture, perhaps you could implement a wire mesh texture of some sort.

4. Though the idea of having the V-2 as a suicide bomb is intriguing, the rocket was unguided. Could you make the launcher a type of artillery piece instead? The V-2 could be launched in a parabolic arc down to the beachead or something. I don't know if this is possible in the game, but perhaps the user could have a range indicator that would show approximately where the V-2 will land depending on the angle of the launcher.

That said however, this looks great! Keep up the good work!

Neverhoodian I am familar with what your talking about. I also am a WWII freak. But...in this "what if" scenario, we've gone for 50% accuracy and 50% fire works.

The V2 did have a gizmo that guided the rocket on a crude trajectory, but yes it was virtually unguided compared to todays guided munitions. The fact that the player can kamimazi the vehicle into a tank makes it much more fun and intresting then what we have with the Nebelwerfer.

The Nebelwerfer duplicates what a Nebelwerfer would have looked like, but was origionally designed for another mod. Its been incorportated into this mod however. It fires unguided rockets on a limited arc-trajectory at on comming troops and tanks.

For the radar stations, that is Orbitius' department, I will relay to him about the accuracy of the receptors.

The mustang was chosen for the allied carrier because it was intended to be used on a land based airstrip until Orb decided to build a carrier.

The goblin is also one of the "fire works" of the mod. I unique, cute, jet-powered aircraft with speed and quad machineguns, and a blast to fly.

That said, I hope you understand that we're aiming for fun and uniqueness rather then dead-on accuracy. We want the players to expierence some weapons that most ppl dont know about or know little of. The german Strumtiger, and M3 Halftrack were also made for the map but were replaced with the V2 and the Goblin.

Sure hatrus, I understand. Like I said, my suggestions were only if you were going for authenticity. A "what if" scenario actually sounds pretty fun! I've always enjoyed WWII games and mods, be it true to its source or an alternate history of the war. I look forward to playing it!

i just made a flare weapon that does no damage but lights up the map within its range. this calls for a night version of omaha beach where flares will light the sky. tanks and planes will be able to launch flares while they advance on the enemy. the germans will need to launch them to see the allied forces. this also could be used in other maps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived