Home

Newbie alert! Questions on "manual"

yenshi

HI all, recently picked up a copy of SWB, enjoying it but the game manual doesn't seem to be as er... em... helpful as it could be. I have tried to figure these things out myself and failed miserabley can someone help with the following questions:

1. In the Historical campaign, "Sabotage at Rhen Var" the mission briefing says, " remember Pilots can build and repair blater turrets". Eh? I've tried and tried.. how do I build or repair a blaster turret?

2. Dark Troopers: just HOW do you get their jet packs to work! argghh...

3. Tool Tips: In the manual it says: " this option allows you to toggle the in game tips to auto, on or off" this is on age 8 of the manual.... But where is it in game? It isn't listed for me...

Are their any other major things I should know the Manual helpfuly does not explain?

Thanks in advance! Sorry... I am sure these issues have been dealt with before, i did look through previous posts but could find no references.

Yenshi

SWBF will never win the award for user friendlyness.

-----------

Anyway, the pilot can use his "welder" (it's fired using the grenade button and is a melee tool). You'll know if it works if he takes it out. There are places where a turrent could be built. These are represented as metal squares on the floor with a spanner icon on them. Arc-weld the square and a turrent will spawn. (Give it time, it takes a few seconds for it's health to get high enough).

Also, consider using the welder to repair vehicles and medical/ammo droids.

---------

Dark Toopers and Jet troopers activate their jetpacks by double jumping. BTW, neither of them take damage from falling, no matter how far (as long as they hit the ground). But the Dark Trooper's weapon is clumsy. I think their pistol is good for softening up and the shotgun better for finishing the enemy off.

---------------

The tips should be in the game options menu, I believe, underneath the stuff about difficulty level, 3rd/1st person view etc.

----------------

The things the manual doesn't explain would probably fit into a Prima guide! (hint, hint). But thanks for asking.

Oh yeah, try searching Gamefaqs.com for useful game "theory."

Originally posted by Redtech

BTW, neither of them take damage from falling, no matter how far (as long as they hit the ground).

Technically there is a limit to their falling damage negation ability (I took a Jettrooper to the absolute highest possible height you can reach on Geonosis, dropped him off and he died), but 99.9999% of the time you'll never reach that limit, so it's effectively accurate.

Just a nitpick. ; )

Archived