Home

Coruscant Problem?

Why isn't Coruscant in the game? I would've like TSL more if the developers had put Coruscant as one of the planets. I mean, its the most important planet in the SW universe and it would have been awesome if you could explore the Jedi Temple and kill/reunite the High Council. Any thoughts?

yeah, I hope they offer more worlds in the 3rd game.

Manaan / Tattooine / Kashyyk / Taris in K1

Onderon / Nar Shadaa / Telos / Peragus in K2

Hopefully Dagoba / Coruscant and 2 other new worlds in K3

Korriban and Dantooine are getting old :p

Well, if they could do Taris, they most certainly could do a Coruscant.

But maybe they're saving it for the 3rd one. :DIt might even be where your adventure starts if you're a new Jedi.

Hopefully there'll be a new Jedi Council by that time.

And I hope Hoth could somehow be a new planet.

Lots of stuff. First of all, they probably created Taris to be like Coruscant, but the reason they didn't use Coruscant was because it would have to be blown up. Unlike Tatooine, Coruscant was already set up as the center of the galaxy, so having missions there that would change it's fate would not work, it would conflict with the movies.

Second, they could use Dantooine and Korriban because although they were mentioned in the movies, their role in Star Wars history wasn't all too defined. That's why we were allowed to alter the planet's role in galactic history by using our main character. Of all places, Coruscant could not fall until the movies.

One thing to note is that many of these plots, sub-plots and pieces of history, all come from many of the Expanded Universe Novels. For example, a character was named Nomi Sunrider, and BioWare originally planned to have Bastila as her child, but then they thought: "Oh that would conflict with the other things everyone already knows about Nomi's future." There it is again, they can only do so much to let us choose the fate of the galaxy, and they've done a great job, so now is a good time to appreciate everything they've managed to do for us.

Lastly, Hoth has nothing on it except Echo Base, and that's only in Ep. V, so what's the point of that? Dagoba as well has nothing except Yoda's Hut on it, and that's also only in Ep. V and Ep. VI.

You make excellent points re: Dagobah and Hoth, however I think that this goes to show that Dagobah could probably be used pretty easily as a replacement for Korriban as the "token DS world" in KotOR 3. Another potential K3 world could be Mon Calamari. We've already had some exposure to the Quarren, and although anothe all-water planet might ring a little too familiar after Manaan, I think it could be done well. A fully restored Telos might be a good option for the third game as well as ancient Naboo (no Gungans!). Just my 2 cents

^^^^

hmm, well, i'm not quite convinced that it could be used. even in the description, it states that Dagobah wasn't really tainted with the darkside until Yoda killed the dark jedi. sure its spooky, but even if you allow for a baby yoda killing a dark jedi, thats still 3100 after the kotor time frame. :dozey:

thats not to say you couldn't do something with it. the main reason for me to point that out is that most people are arguing within context of both the EU and the movies, so i figured to do the same.

still, if you ask me, if the devs want to do a forest planet, i wouldn't mind seeing Kashyyk again. ;)

oddly enough, I felt a sense of finality when leaving Kashyyyk in the first game. It seems that its residents are incredibly more fascinating than the planet itself. If the devs want to do a forest planet, my vote would be for Endor.

Originally posted by Achilles

my vote would be for Endor.

Then again, what would you do on Endor? There's only the Ewoks there and it doesn't seem to have been touched by other civilizations, at least not a long time before Ep.6 or else we would see the Ewoks as a more developped civilization.

Ancient Naboo can't exist without the Gungans. The gungans are the natives there, excluding them would be odd. It's like Tatooine without Sandpeople or Jawas.

Considering the amount of hate the Gungans generate, it would be wise not to include Naboo at all but perhaps another world quite similar.

They could put Coruscant in as one of these worlds that you just come and go and don't leave much of an impact. Maybe it could be the place where you get your Jedi training and then simply leave.

Coruscant in the games wouldn't do much more than to make you think "A-HA I've seen this in the movies". It's not like you can explore a lot in KOTOR 1&2. You have a few maps and that's pretty much it.

They had Coruscant in Jedi Academy and did it make you feel in any way? No, it was just another level set in a big sprawling city. And that was nicely handled by Taris, Nar Shadaa and even Citadel station in KOTOR.

If you see the early fly-through movies of Nar Shadaa and Citadel Station you will see they are very big, but you don't get that feeling in the game as the camera is pretty fixed on your party. Maybe in KOTOR 3 if they make a new engine, we can have a city-planet. But if it will be called Coruscant or any other name, wouldn't make any difference.

Perhaps, we'll visit Kamino?

And about the uncivilized planets: there can be objectives to do there. If you had to find a Star Map on Kashyyyk, then there could be things of importance to find in similar planets. Like traces or clues of the enemy...

Originally posted by montnoir

Coruscant in the games wouldn't do much more than to make you think "A-HA I've seen this in the movies". It's not like you can explore a lot in KOTOR 1&2. You have a few maps and that's pretty much it.

This was why I felt let down by Nar Shaddaa - it was far too small and you didn't feel like you were in a city at all. Regardless of which city planets are used in Kotor 3 the most important thing is that they're big and involving enough to seem like more than two or three areas stuck together.

Originally posted by Derc

And about the uncivilized planets: there can be objectives to do there. If you had to find a Star Map on Kashyyyk, then there could be things of importance to find in similar planets. Like traces or clues of the enemy...

Yeah but this would most likely entail slashing through a bunch of native creatures and to be honest I'm sick of viper kinrath.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Then again, what would you do on Endor?

Don't know...kinda don't care. Just please don't send me back to Kashyyyk. I might be in the minority, but before KotOR, all I knew about Kashyyyk was that it had some tall tress and the Wookies lived there. BW introduced me to the Shadowlands, Kinrath, Tach and created huge amounts of conflict with Czerka. I'm sure that a talented writing team could probably do something similar with Endor. But then again, maybe they can't. This is all speculation anyway.

And good call on the Gungans :)

^^^^

hey, there ya go. Yavin IV was a big jungle planet with a Massassi Temple on it. now that has some potential, if you ask me anyway. not to mention you could tie in some stuff from the Exar Kun War as well. :)

if it is included, hopefully they won't include little lizards that have this weak sonic howl as enemies....

I think going to Yavin IV would be great for the game. Isnt Yavin IV the burial place of Exar Kun?

Courscant would look like a mixture of Telos and Nar Shadaa.

I dont want to see Tatooine, Hoth or Dagobah. These places are just outer rim planets with no real importance to the republic. No one lives on Hoth. No one lives on Dagobah. And do we really need to see more of Tatooine?

Korriban facinates me, but going to it three times in a row might be to much. I think if we follow the path of Revan we'll probably see new worlds beyond the outer rim. How about seeing the Mandalorian planet?(can't remember its name:()

The Valley Of The Jedi would be nice to explore.

I don't see why you couldn't visit Corriban...

you don't have to change the future of EVERY planet you visit. Christ, all these story writters could gett of hte high horse for a second.

"The player will save the town...no wait...he'll save the state...No, even better, he'll save the planet! Hm...why stop there? Let him save the Republic! No..the Galaxy!..No, even that's not good enough.. Why not ALL LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE!.. or better yet, God?"

Really... Why do you allways have do uber things.. Epic DOES NOT EQUAL saving the universe, but rather the way the stroy is told and the things teh charachter must do.

Heck, LOTR is epic and all they saved was a small part of Middle Earth...Sauron would have been mauled by the Valar anyway...

Yavin IV would be great to see, as long as we got to explore the jungle/ temples. Either that, or a very large, very expanded Korriban. I'm so sick of that puny representation of the Valley of the Dark lords...just let us into the huge temple catacombs already (that was the one redeeming feture of JA for me)!:rolleyes:

Yavin IV though it hasnt been in touched in the kotor games its been used a lot in the jedi knight series.

I reckon Correllia would be a really good ..

its in jedi academy but thats just travelling on a damn train

other planets of interest would include kessel (i wanna go in the mines) and the mandalore home planet

one planet that would be really good for kotor3 is ziost.. its really quite unheard of but it was actually the sith capital planet during the reign of the sith empire while korriban was simply the burial ground ... if uve read the comics . tales of the jedi - the golden age of the sith .. u can see pictures of it.. this place would have really good potential

of coursse kotor3 might spend have the game in planets in the unknown regions so one of the chiss planets would be pretty kewl

Originally posted by abespam

I reckon Correllia would be a really good ..

its in jedi academy but thats just travelling on a damn train

Still that was a pretty cool level.

other planets of interest would include kessel (i wanna go in the mines) and the mandalore home planet

Anyone know what the name of Mandalorian home planet is?

Originally posted by abespam

one planet that would be really good for kotor3 is ziost.. its really quite unheard of but it was actually the sith capital planet during the reign of the sith empire while korriban was simply the burial ground ... if uve read the comics . tales of the jedi

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if OE uses that, since they probably already know about it from reading all the EU comics.

Archived