Home

Tech Support

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having read through some of the posts on here, I decided to post some help for those of you experiencing problems.

Firstly.

The biggest problem most gamers experience when a game doesnt start is either black screens, extremely poor graphics, game keeps crashing,or something along these lines.

If you have any of these problems - its graphic card related. Either you havent updated your graphics card drivers, or your card cant handle the game.

When I say 'updated your drivers' I DONT mean the Windows update. So you need to check your graphics card make - if you dont happen to know which card you have, see below.

The big cards are

Nvidia

ATi

SiS

Just follow the simple steps to install your new drivers. It's always best to check at least every 2-3 months for updates.

If you dont know the make of your card, or you dont know if your system can run the game, the best way to find out is to run a Diagnostic report.

To do this:

click on > START

then >RUN

then type dxdiag <<< as it is there. NO Spaces, all one word and lower case.

Give it a couple of moments for the diag tool to appear. If it asks you about digitally assigning anything, click yes.

The first part that appears will tell you all about your system. How much RAM you have and if you have the latest version of Direct X.

Click on the DISPLAY tab

See where it says DEVICE. This is the model of your card. It then says Manufacturer. This is important..so write down who it is.

Next, check on the APPROX TOTAL MEMORY. Make sure this meets the demands of the game you are wanting to play.

On the right hand side, this will tell you the last time you updated your drivers.

If no information at all is appearing, then you have problems! Your card is not installed properly, so you will need to re-install it again.

If your game continues to crash despite meeting the requirements and being fully updated, theres a chance your CPU is on its way out.

Oh, and just because you had a new computer purchased at Xmas, or even just got one yesterday, doesnt mean that its fully updated!

If I have missed anything, please post away!

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

:compcry: ok i need serouis help!!! rc is having a wierd problem. i got it in the best of pc pack and like when i run it it opens the windows command console as if it were going to boot up the setup then go away.but it opens then closes!!! and the setup doesnt work and i cant install it! :compcry: i dont understand please help me!

• 1 month later...

Okay i bought it a few months ago, and while it was being delivered my old comp fried so it was sitting on my shelf for those few months till i saved up for my current one.

New comp is awesome but it has trouble playing RC, sure crysis on High but can't even load the first mission of RC. :#:(

i can use the menu but as soon as the first level "the beginning" is finished loading it just hangs there and does nothing :(

I have a

2.33ghz core2 duo

8600GT

3gb RAM

and running XP

Any help on what i can do to amend this would be most appreciated as this is driving me insane ;(

• 1 month later...

I highly doubt my issue is that my card "can't handle the game." Or that my drivers aren't up to date, as I have the newest non-beta Forceware drivers.

I'm having the same problem as Sylvok_V. The game starts up just fine and hangs when the first level finishes loading.

I've tried running it in different compatibility modes to no avail.

The sad thing is, I played this game on a Radeon 9550 when it came out. Had to turn everything down but it ran just fine. Now that I have a MUCH better computer and wanted to see what the game is meant to look like, it won't run. I'm not having this problem with other Unreal Engine 2 games.

CPU: 4400 X2

Mainboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

Mem: 4x512 OCZ 3200 RAM

HDD: Maxtor 300GB Sata II

Video: eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked

Sound: X-Fi Fatal1ty

I highly doubt my issue is that my card "can't handle the game." Or that my drivers aren't up to date, as I have the newest non-beta Forceware drivers.

I'm having the same problem as Sylvok_V. The game starts up just fine and hangs when the first level finishes loading.

I've tried running it in different compatibility modes to no avail.

The sad thing is, I played this game on a Radeon 9550 when it came out. Had to turn everything down but it ran just fine. Now that I have a MUCH better computer and wanted to see what the game is meant to look like, it won't run. I'm not having this problem with other Unreal Engine 2 games.

CPU: 4400 X2

Mainboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

Mem: 4x512 OCZ 3200 RAM

HDD: Maxtor 300GB Sata II

Video: eVGA 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked

Sound: X-Fi Fatal1ty

Turns out the 8000's don't like the bump map setting so turn bump maps off in the graphics menu and your right to go :D

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Okay, but I have this problem with an ATI HD2600XT graphic card... So what I do to fix this?

I have the exact same problem, I'm also using an ATI HD 2600, and as Sylvok has said it, it's a problem concerning bump mapping, and for now, I have not found any solution on the web...

It's too bad, cause all the game graphics are based on this bump mapping, when you turn it off, the game works, but the graphics are pretty poor without bump...

• 9 months later...

Archived