Home

K1 vs K2

su27

I finished K2 three times. Now I'm trying to get through K1 again.

I was a little surprised when I found that I like K1 models more. They are somehow nicer, moving more smoothly and women model ale MUCH more sexy.

Is it my imagination or maybe someone has similar feelings?

One thing I know for sure - there is no person in K2 that I could really love or hate (maybe except T3 and HK). Compared to K1 they are all boring and flat. I'm very happy to have little Mission and big Z in my group again. I'm even happy to meet this annoying having-problem-with-his-personality meatbag called Carth.

It's clear for me now that K1 is far better game than K2 :(

Originally posted by su27

They are somehow nicer, moving more smoothly and women model ale MUCH more sexy.

Are you insane?!?!?!

KotOR: Bastila covered neck to toe

TSL: Landing a plane on Mira's exposed midrift

Winner: TSL

KotOR: Fighting a furry crazed Cathar to earn favor with the Jedi Counsel

TSL: Fighting a half naked hot chick to earn favor with HER.

KotOR: Yuthura

TSL: The Twin Suns

KotOR: The bossy woman is a snob

TSL: The bossy woman is a corpse

Winner: Ok...KotOR

Do I need to go on?

Originally posted by Achilles

:lol:

I'd have to agree with you Prime, though I like K2 a little bit more (mainly because of the great vibes that lacked for me in the first one). Bot hgames have redeeming qualitys, and I think together they make a whole (with the possible exception of a K3;) ).

I personally thought KOTOR 1 was better because of the relantionship you formed with them and not some wound that made them follow you. I also liked how you fought for something not just your life:)

I like in KOTOR 2 how u had prestige class and how you attibutes help in the game like awareness and intelligence .

I like charachters from both K1 and K2.. (No, I didn't have a problem with Carth.)

K2 charachters seem even better at first glance, but by the end you see they had more potential.. threre was room for much more relationship twitches, much more romancing and much more conversation.

in k1 if you want to do any side missions you have to talk to your group members forcing you to form links and get to know your group personally

in k2 you can open dialogues allowing you to teach some of your group the ways of the force but this isnt essential amd there is no real reason to talk much to your group as it doesnt unlock sidemissions so i didnt really get to know much about my group but i did try but i got bored of having the same dialogue options every time i wanted to talk to them so i stoped bothering

upgrading items k2 wins hands down

in k1 if you want to do any side missions you have to talk to your group members forcing you to form links and get to know your group personally

in k2 you can open dialogues allowing you to teach some of your group the ways of the force but this isnt essential amd there is no real reason to talk much to your group as it doesnt unlock sidemissions so i didnt really get to know much about my group but i did try but i got bored of having the same dialogue options every time i wanted to talk to them so i stoped bothering

upgrading items k2 wins hands down

Nothing beats the trinity of Jolee Bindo, Juhani and Bastila Shan.

The only character that I had any kind of interest in (in TSL) was G0-T0. His real identity and motives make for an interesting character, the rest are rather bland (in comparison to K1).

Originally posted by Achilles

KotOR: Bastila covered neck to toe

TSL: Landing a plane on Mira's exposed midrift

But, Bastila looks great to me in her skin-tight clothes :)

Mira is very nice girl but she doesn't like older guys.

Winner: who is "completely and utterly yours"? :p

KotOR: Fighting a furry crazed Cathar to earn favor with the Jedi Counsel

TSL: Fighting a half naked hot chick to earn favor with HER.

Give Juhani a mask and she looks quite good with her tiger skin :D

I agree there is more half-naked chicks in TSL but somehow, they look strange to me. Like Barbie dolls with their exaggerated, too thin waist.

For me, Bastilla with full wear is more sexy than naked Handmaiden. I think the same about most of PC models. They were better in K1.

KotOR: Yuthura

TSL: The Twin Suns

I liked Yuthura story. She was quite deep character. Twin Suns are looking great but they die (twice...) and that's all.

:D

Originally posted by montnoir

Nothing beats the trinity of Jolee Bindo, Juhani and Bastila Shan.

The only character that I had any kind of interest in (in TSL) was G0-T0. His real identity and motives make for an interesting character, the rest are rather bland (in comparison to K1).

I miss Jolee. There is nobody who could be compared to him in K2. Lack of JB is a wound in TSL. A wound that is death to The Force... blah, what i'm talking about? :)

I agree Goto is interesting character. I underestimated him for the first time.

He has good personal story and some interesting knowledge about Revan.

Originally posted by nas77

Nothing in Kotor compares to training your own Jedi - THAT is what takes the biscuit.

Though yeah, I do miss Jolee. But then old cranky hermit or Echani warrior in her undies... hmm...

Training your own Jedi is cool, but unfortunately it doesn't lead anywhere. It's the end of the road and the character development ends right there and very abruptly.

And I'll take a well-developed character with depth any day over a halfnaked one.

I haven't completed K2 yet, really taking my time with it and so far I think its way better than K1. Although its a classic, this is the best sequel to a game I've ever played ~thinks~ ...yeah it is :D The huge range of crystals does it for me too, great choice

The thing about training jedi in K2 is that you can train nearly everybody to be a jedi, so it didn't have anything special anymore. Though I like the ability to train somebody as a jedi, it should have been more restricted. I was thinking along the lines of having nearly everybody able to become a jedi, but that you have to choose wich one you take as your padawan. While the others can't become jedi after choosing your padawan.

They should also have added HK to become a jedi, now that would be hilarious wouldn't it.

I liked the more upgrades in K2, though when it comes to lightsabers, they should have focused more on crystals and less on parts. They also could have added more lightsabers to the game, especially normal ones. For some reason I always recieved dualbladed ones. So I ended up using a normal lightsaber and a vibrosword, instead of two normal ones

Originally posted by Feagildin

I liked K1 better. I'm not sure why, maybe I'm just shallow and like the older aquaintances better, but I'll always like K1 better than K2.

Fair enough.;)

I feel the same way about K2: I really have no good reason why I like it, but its my favorite game.

I generally liked innovations in Kotor II, as influence on npgs, more customisable items, using a Jedi character from the beginning, the possibility to enable Force training for party members, but other things I think, would be better. Korriban and Dantooine maps seem to me much smaller than same planets in Kotor I. So the problem of the lightsabers, are more difficult to find than in the first game, and randomly generated (for example, to get a short bladed saber, I have reloaded about 20 times or more..), not to say about Sith robes or red crystals, really hard to find almost everywhere. Generally I think that Kotor I story is better, but in Kotor II is undoubtedly better in npcs characterization and a deeper approach to the story itself. I had liked the "advanced" colour crystals in Kotor I (the two crystals buyable from the rodian at Yavin), but in Kotor II, unluckily I didn't find them (or some crystal alike). In Kotor I, I couldn't stand Carth... in Kotor II has been replaced by Disciple that is worse (no comment!), last but not least, some areas have not been finished (as the sublevel in the military base in Telos, I spent about two hours searching in vain the way to open the door). Except all these problems, I liked much Kotor II, so I think that Kotor I is better in some way, and Kotor II in other.

Story in Kotor1 was better. I like pretty much all the upgrades made to Kotor2. Kotor 2 has its unfishied areas, and the last 4 hours of the game were a bit of a let down. Kotor 2 had less thugish approach to Darkside.

I like some characters and dislike characters in both games. As far as the individual plantets are concerned its about another 50/50. I probably have to say that Kotor has just slightly better planets.

Kotor2 regrets. I wish Visas force sight had more applications. Hood on/off option. More of the spliting off thing going on.

Archived