Home

JARPing

LukeKatarn

I don't know if this should go in the swamp or here, or if I shouldn't post it at all. ANyway, JARPing is Jedi Knight Role Playing, and it's a little role playing team I made up. JARPing site There is also JORPing ((Jedi OUTCAST role playing)). All we do is do Role Playing on Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast, and maybe make it into a demo and release it to public if it's good enough.

*Ahem* I read the whole board rules/subrules and it had ntohign agenst this. Mods an delete it or lock it. I mean I don't care. But what I'm saying is RPing inside teh game. I never said teh ywere RPGs. I mean we d oRPs whiel playing teh game.

Originally posted by Jed (Super Moderator)

Advertising your own site is allowed in your signature, but you cannot create your own thread for it. This has been an unwritten rule for awhile, but due to the influx of new users, it should be acknowledged with the rest of the rules.

And no, JO and JA aren't for RPG's. They're for fighting and fragging. Not... pretending to be Luke Skywalker... or whatever you do. That's what SWG is for...

Originally posted by DruggedSith

Im sorry.

RPGing in an FPS is out of place save for those who like to waste their time.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Playing the game at all is waste of time. Whether the guy RPGs or guns it's not gonna pay his bills, get him a promotion at work, get his homework done or get him laid. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by [uSA]-bLaSt

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Playing the game at all is waste of time.

Are you suggesting that you and the rest of us are wasting our time? We would be wasting our money then too and bandwidth and whatever else. Or perhaps you meant its a good way to waste time?

Well let me clarify myself then. Playing an FPS frag game to RPG is a waste of time, OK? Playing games after a long week at work (to pay the bills, earn a promotion and take a lady out to dinner) is a healthy way to escape reality for a little R&R. If pretending to be an honorable Jedi and battling evil in some sort of a play or made for TV movie while using a game engine designed for fast fragging does it for you, fine.

If I want to be bored out of my mind perhaps I suppose I could RPG or show up to the USA FFA server during an FFA event.

Are you suggesting that you and the rest of us are wasting our time? We would be wasting our money then too and bandwidth and whatever else.

Yes. There's 100 other more productive things I could be doing with my time. I like playing, but I don't try to pretend this game is anything else.

If I want to be bored out of my mind perhaps I suppose I could RPG or show up to the USA FFA server during an FFA event.

USA doesn't RPG... but you're welcome to come by ANY Tuesday night for Full Everything True FFA. If a few more gunners would show up instead of spending all their time whining in these forums (Bespin Pad *cough *cough) we'd have a game!

More True FFA servers is your point right?

Games are for entertainment. Like watching TV or going to the movies. Are these people all throwing their lives away in search of relief from everyday life?

I can think of 100 better things to do with my time like rescuing puppies or donating time to charitable events but Id rather play games.

Im a CTF player...FFA is dead.

Games are for entertainment. Like watching TV or going to the movies. Are these people all throwing their lives away in search of relief from everyday life?

I can think of 100 better things to do with my time like rescuing puppies or donating time to charitable events but Id rather play games.

Im a CTF player...FFA is dead.

Suit yourself.

MY ORIGINAL POINT was that just becuase someone searches for relief from everyday life by using some software differently than you... it's not a waste of time.

Originally posted by [uSA]-bLaSt

Suit yourself.

MY ORIGINAL POINT was that just becuase someone searches for relief from everyday life by using some software differently than you... it's not a waste of time.

Ill agree with you there but lets face it. There are plenty of legit RPGs out there without having to further disgrace the JK series more than it already has been.

Ive visited RPG servers for kicks. All thats missing are sock puppets, stressed out writers and bad voice overs.

I don't like RPing in JA, It isn't enjoyable to me because the game was built for playing out as an FPS.

I think the reason people treat JA with such disrespect when it comes to playing the game as a first person shooter is because the only way to see your envoirnment with a saber is in third person. And that instantly gives the player a higher seeing of things, not just visibility but visibility

I've RP'd in a few servers before, and it NEVER goes out the way you want it. Someone will get bored and change the rules, and then you'll argue (oh , the fun!) for hours. Then someone will have to leave and their spot will have to be taken over.

Here's another example of an instance that i've seen happen that can only be explained by ironicly role playing it:

Player 1: *chops Player 2's body in half then unleashes an evil laugh*

Player 2: *dodges the attack and kills Player 1*

Player 1:....I killed you...

Player 2: Yes but I dodged it.

Player 1: BUT I KILLED YOU!

I think you get the point, this instance will repeate itself in many rp's alone. The reason why this doesn't work out? Because Jedi Academy isn't a role playing game, if it were SWG or KOTOR 3 online (not out yet , and im making the title up, but lets pretend its real for the sake of the argument), then you would have a game that the rules can't be broken.

Unless you have a good server were players always respect the unwritten rules then you are guaranteed that you will not have a successfull "JARP".

Archived