Home

Multiplayer?

deloused

Has anyone else tried to play the multiplayer online yet?

When I tried today there was only one other server, but it seemed to come off well. I was more than a little dissapointed that there wasn't really much squad based stuff in game. I suppose for clanmatches and "serious" games, I'll have to bust out some teamspeak or ventrilo.

I only got to try out team deathmatch, which turns out to be trandoshans vs clones. People seemed happy to play as the trandos though, and I would have thought that everyone would want to be a clone.

You mean "Assault" don't you?

There's only four game modes (Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF & Assault).

Can't you at least run around in the maps alone? That should give you an idea of what they are like, ableit without any competitive atmosphere.

Oh, Assault, right. I don't know why nobody plays it.

And no, you cannot run around the maps alone. But you can take a look through the area, also you can watch other people fight (if there are any). JA has the same option, but again I don't know how it's called :p (Kurgan, help me!)

Assault should have been the main focus of multiplayer. Maybe seeing other RC squads pitted against each other while team(s) assault and team(s) defend.

It would probably be easier to have a single team for each though, 32+ player games with the game might be pushing it. :p

What I would like to have seen is something like a siege mode, where you have big maps and each team has to complete a few task to win the match or to defeat the other team. But hey, you never get want you really want :D

Originally posted by TCC-9

Oh, Assault, right. I don't know why nobody plays it.

And no, you cannot run around the maps alone. But you can take a look through the area, also you can watch other people fight (if there are any). JA has the same option, but again I don't know how it's called :p (Kurgan, help me!)

You can't even run around maps alone? That seriously sucks...

What you're talking about is spectator mode. In every PC FPS game up to this point you always have had the option of walking around the maps alone to explore them, test out weapons, etc.

In JA's Siege mode, you couldn't start until you had another human on the opposite team, but we quickly discovered you could still manully spawn a bot into the game in order to explore the maps (you could also load them in another game mode for exploration purposes).

I wonder if you load a map with cheats and spawn in some NPC's.. if that's possible....

Crap, I hope the devs fix these omissions in the first patch. ; p

It seems a lot of games like this don't have bot support. So that would have been something good they could have added that other do not. Given the AI in the game is pretty good as it is..

Something I was wondering about is if they could have added a MP mode where 2 to 4 guys each get a NPC squad of their own. Then try to take MP objectives working with their AI team mates. Kind of like a siege mode. It would have brought some of the SP feel of the game into the MP game. Maybe have a variation where there is 4 PCs in each squad and 1 is the leader giving orders to his squad.

I don't think anyone has done that in a game so that could have been the 1 revolutionary thing that's sets the MP is RC apart. Not a big deal, but something different.

Get to see who is the better Team Leader lol.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Something I was wondering about is if they could have added a MP mode where 2 to 4 guys each get a NPC squad of their own. Then try to take MP objectives working with their AI team mates. Kind of like a siege mode. It would have brought some of the SP feel of the game into the MP game. Maybe have a variation where there is 4 PCs in each squad and 1 is the leader giving orders to his squad.

that is *EXACTLY* how the MP in Close Combat: First to Fight works ...

Heck anything involving tatics - I was really hoping to be like : Ok CTF< lets break into their base, BOMB, lets go, and i say PLant a bomb, and someone can fill the spot, and if theyre too lazy, i fill it (some reward like points too) and we go, then move in. The little green hud icons would work to help move people

heck I want the hud, Really, trandoshan or not, i want it, its cool :X

multiplayer really just kind of looks like it was thrown together last minute., no offense to anyone, just really that atmosphere of RC is missing.

''multiplayer really just kind of looks like it was thrown together last minute., no offense to anyone, just really that atmosphere of RC is missing.''

Looks more like it was taken directly from Halo2, just a switch of maps, weapons and announcer voices and definitely last minute.

Halo2 has the market for DM, CTF, KOH so let it be. RC has so much more potential for online multiplayer.

Originally posted by FreePizza

''multiplayer really just kind of looks like it was thrown together last minute., no offense to anyone, just really that atmosphere of RC is missing.''

Looks more like it was taken directly from Halo2, just a switch of maps, weapons and announcer voices and definitely last minute.

Halo2 has the market for DM, CTF, KOH so let it be. RC has so much more potential for online multiplayer.

Just to clear one thing up. Halo2 does't have rights to say it has the market on DM,CTF, KOH or any other mulitplayer game types. Ever hear of unreal tournament 2004? Its the be all of online mulitplayer. Halo2 is such a cop of the unreal games its not even funny and as for RC being taken directly from Halo2, its not. It uses the Unreal Engine UE2.5 the best multiplayer engine on the planet.

Archived