Home

What moves do you want to be able to pull off?

Yeah planetary bombardment would be really cool. It would be great if you could make up your own tactics like on an editor and use them in game. The Rebel are better for tactics because they have to be, the Imp are more just brute force.

I'm adding to this thread coz i started another thread that talked about everything this one said lol so here i am.

Ackbar Slash and Thrawn Pincher can't beat them.

• 4 weeks later...

Boarding and capturing ships would be great, add a sort of space-marine element to the space combat.

To be able to kidnap/assasinate enemy heros would be good.

Collisions in space combat would be interesting, this may already be done.

Crush an entire rebel fleet with pure overwhelming force - Thats the best!

I want to be able to win against overwhelming numbers of enemies. I always love those glorious victories.

Done this in the demo, used Bryants mod, played as empire. 8 imperial star destroyers + space station managed to fend off 60ish rebel ships, 1/3 were mon cal capital ships(demonic things), about a dozen where venators, and rest were misc ships.

By the end of the battle, i had most of my star destroyers left with their engines floating around lol. 2 destroyers had a single laser mount left lol...

The entire battle took over an hour, like OMG i had no idea battles would last that long, but they just kept coming lol

I swear i went through so many fighters it was hilarious...

Personally:

1. Send your fighter/bomber ships between 2 enemy capital ships and cause them to shoot each other.

2. Capture enemy ships by disabling their shields and engines and sending boarding craft.

3. Sneaking onto a planet while the space defenses are elsewhere, taking it over, then using it's defenses to blow the enmy spaceships out of the sky.

4. Waging a massive dogfight composed of only TIEs and X-Wings

5. Crush an entire rebel fleet with pure overwhelming force.

Ive done two of those things, #4 and #5, #4 is hard to set up, Destroy all other ships wiht bombers

then destroy all turrets on the space stations, laeving the hangar and Supply dock intacts, ITs an endless war. Set it on cinematic veiw and enjoy. Just dont use heros, they kill too fast and unbalance the all out chaos.

capturing would be nice, but i think it is extremely hard to balance

if the capturers are too strong, you could capture rush the whole enemy fleet, even easier after you captured the capitalships

if the capturers are too weak, they are blown away before you could spell "capture" and noone would use them

well, maybe one could give some orders to take out the hardpoints only (engines, hangar, weapons, shields) without destroying the entire ship and then send some capturers that are waiting further away from the battle (or some automatic capturing after you won the battle and there are some caps hanging around unable to move / fight)

would save some money when used on space stations as you would not need to build a new one :p and maybe you could receive some information like how strong are the fleets in the surrounding systems or where are the heros at that time (could change afterwards)

when you could capture caps during the fight, you should be able to get some special tactics like positioning the ship next to another cap / space station and start the self destruct

or pretend to say "oh i don't need it anymore, let's leave this wreck where it is" and when the enemy troops come to take it back... boom

it brings me also to the idea of infiltration

special troops are infiltrating the ships of the enemy and disable systems (engines, weapons, shields, sensors, automatic targeting, hangars, explosives inside, killing the commander / commanding crew, giving wrong orders)

I actually had a game last night where I had 3 Venators, an assault frigate, a corvette and I think a couple of gunbpats, 2 Y-Wings and V-Wings/X-Wings...

The Empire at 2 Star Destroyers, a Victory star destroyer,a couple of acclomators, compliment of fighters, a couple of Broadside Cruisers...

I got lucky, they attacked me, and I had an Ion cannon on the planet, and only one Star Destroyer spawned in on the first wave...... I had my venators concentrate on smaller ships while the Star Destroyer came closer, I sent in the assault frigate while telling my X-Wings to take out fighters, I told the Y-Wings to go after the sheild generators first, at which time the Ion canon was charged, and I had it fire a salvo at the SD, the Y-Wings went in took out the shield generators, the engines and most of the turrets before the second one came out of hyperspace and started to approach, Ion canon was ready again, and I was left with the decision of firing at a nearly crippled SD, or this newer threat... I crippled the new one and let my Y-Wings finish the others, the Venators finished dispatching easier to destroy ships and then started their attack on the SD... In the end, it was pretty sucessful... Got lucky though...

Also, TIE fighters running away to the out fringe of the map isn't cool, makes the victory take longer... BUT, having a couple of Coreillian Corvettes as reinforcements... Totally worth it, you tell them to hyperspace in right next to the fighters, and BAM... You win...

Fun game...

• 2 weeks later...

I think having the ability to have smaller cap ships ram larger ones and large ships ram space stations would be cool. The ram command should re-direct power from the ship's shields to it's engines making it faster, but easier to destroy. If shield generators have been destroyed, then the ships should move at normal speed.

Also, a self destruct mechanism for capital ships that does large ammounts of splash damage would be cool as well. There needs to be something you can do to your heavily damaged ships so you can replace them with new ones!

• 1 year later...

RAM RAM RAM

and

CAPTURE

Also

an old school style arcade type game where u have a targeting reticule and can put massive bombardments on the ground map from space. Bit like the kotor gun turret game when u have to get away from enemy fighters.

Also

a hero editor where you can make your own hero model and lightsaber colour and moves and stuff.

• 7 months later...

Archived