Home

Going travelling for a few months...

The_One

I know I don't post here that much, but I just thought I'd let you know what I'm going to be doing for the next few months...

On the 5th March (Saturday), I'll be heading off to Australia (via Bali for a few days) with two friends for 5 weeks. We arrive in Sydney, then work our way up the east coast to Cairns. It should be quite some trip! Then, mid-way through April, I part company with my friends and fly off to Vancouver. From there I will be working my way down the west coast of the US - deviating to take in Vegas, a couple of national parks and the Grand Canyon - ultimately arriving in LA around the middle of May. From there, my plan gets a little hazy. Basically, I have to get to New York by 14th June as that's when my flight out of the States is - how I get there depends on money, what I want to see etc etc.

Some of you may criticise my choice of destinations - read USA. However, I'm going to see the country, not the administration! Although, I don't doubt I'll pass through DC at some point. I don't think it's fair to judge a country based on its government, and I'd like a chance to see the country that I've studied for a year, and that's in the news every single day. The sheer size and diversity of the country offers a great experience for any traveller, and I'm really looking forward to it. I just thought I'd say that before the expected onslaught of "why are you going to that ****ty country?" I just want a chance to see a country first-hand before I judge it.

Anyway, that's just to put you in the picture. With any luck, I'll try and post updates on my progress here every now and again. Otherwise, see you all in 3-4 months!

Note: a duplicate of this thread has been posted at EchoNet

Lol, I wish I were you right now. :p

Have fun dude.

If I were you i'd go to New Zealand. :D

I just thought I'd say that before the expected onslaught of "why are you going to that ****ty country?"

That would be pointless America hate. America has nice sites to see, just like any other country. And, our government works, people just hate it because it's not perfect. ;)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by The_One

I just want a chance to see a country first-hand before I judge it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wait...you make it seem as if your only doing this to see how to judge this place.

that right?

Originally posted by IG-64

If I were you i'd go to New Zealand. :D

people just hate it because it's not perfect. ;)

It's 22 hours by plane to New Zealand...you wanna know what it's like to be on an airplane for 22 hours? Go home, and squeeze your head as hard as you can. don't stop, DONT STOP! Then take a paper bag and put it over your mouth so you can breath in your own air over and over and over and over......

Originally posted by IG-64

people just hate it because it's not perfect. ;)

Yeah....that's why they hate it......

quote:

Originally posted by ET Warrior

It's 22 hours by plane to New Zealand...you wanna know what it's like to be on an airplane for 22 hours? Go home, and squeeze your head as hard as you can. don't stop, DONT STOP! Then take a paper bag and put it over your mouth so you can breath in your own air over and over and over and over......

I get the breathing part but why squeeze your head?

Originally posted by ET Warrior

It's a Lewis Black comedy sketch ;)

Two of us here knew that. Yay for me for being one of the two.

Anyways, good luck, take care and all that jazz. Hope you have a safe trip, blah blah blah. Come to Oklahoma, and we will totally drink beer and jam on some Mike Patton stuff! I'll stab you with my guitar! It'll be a gas.

Archived