Home

Multiplayer Info (PC Version) -updated

Kurgan

• 1 year later...
Well it looks as if we're not getting anything more for this game. No sequel or expansion, no more patches. No more editing tools (no sdk), no linux binaries or server utilities.

We got a map editor and 1 new map both included in the patch. The modding community (small as it is) will have to do everything else. :p

Just out of curiosity, what is the likelihood of fans making their own game? I've seen plenty of folks with skill at modding maps and skins, creating weapons, et alia. Story writing, dialogue, all that, couldn't it be created by fans as a joint operation online? (barring the LA objection to stealing their copyright)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
You can play as a trando in DM by going to customize and leaving it on trando (as oppesed to republic commando)

This works if you're the host player? I never bothered to check it. If you're right, that would be a big plus!

I hear now there's an extensive mod for this game called "Sandcrawler" which is out. I haven't tried it (since I haven't had the game installed for a few years now), but I hear it changes a ton of stuff, so it might be worth checking out!

This is a cool game, don't get me wrong. The trouble is that you'll basically have beaten and mastered everything fun about it in 6-8 hours. Multiplayer is worth a few rounds, but it gets old after a few days (FPS fans just expect more these days). I held out hope that a patch would actually address the many glitches in Multiplayer and some of the shocking oversights (like the lack of bots, linux binaries for DS, customization issues, etc).

Alas, it appears that Multiplayer was more of an afterthought for this game... while it can be fun, it's VERY bare bones, and this was a big missed opportunity. Had it been as extensive as Single Player or even as feature-rich and polished as UT2k4 (whose engine it uses), it would have been in competition with the best FPS games of 2005!

All LucasArts had to do was enable the release of the tools necessary to mod all aspects of the game and some non-windows server binaries, and we might have a decent MP experience by now.... the potential was there!

In other news, I'm not one who has ever played any of the "Halo" series, but I've seen gameplay videos of Halo 1-3, and it appears the action is VERY similar in this game (though there are no drivable vehicles in Multiplayer).

PS: People keep rumor-mongering about "Republic Commando 2" but until we hear anything official, I'm going to dismiss them as wishful thinking. The only other Star Wars FPS we've gotten since this game was "Battlefront II" (and the next SWBF game is going to be console only I hear).

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
guys i have a problem maybe other have it too now i buy RC original and when i want to join in mp it says that someone use my cd key but its ORIGINAL GAME PLS i want to play rc online HELP Me pls

I've had that problem several times. Here's how to fix it.

1. Find where Republic Commando is installed. Default: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando"

2. Open the "Install" folder.

3. Open the "CDKey.exe" file.

4. Type in your CD key again.

5. Load up Republic Commando. Multiplayer should work now.

Hope that helps.

Btw, I've since been able to play the PC version of the original "Halo" in multiplayer on a friend of mine's computer, and let me tell you, it reminded me a LOT of MP for Republic Commando, except that it had vehicles (vehicles which obviously inspired the ones in UT2k4).

Of course Halo MP plays like a lightweight version of Quake 3 with low gravity jumps, basic vehicles (a jeep and a one man flier), rifle butting and manual reloading. Take out the vehicles and it plays just like RC MP.

still doesnt work :( :( and one idea about rc mod clones vs droids the droids can be like the models of geonosis in ep 2 in ep 3 droids and like in rc and super battle droids clones can be like ep 2 white,blue,red,green and like deltas i am not spec for that i say my idea :D

• 1 year later...
Btw, I've since been able to play the PC version of the original "Halo" in multiplayer on a friend of mine's computer, and let me tell you, it reminded me a LOT of MP for Republic Commando, except that it had vehicles (vehicles which obviously inspired the ones in UT2k4).

Of course Halo MP plays like a lightweight version of Quake 3 with low gravity jumps, basic vehicles (a jeep and a one man flier), rifle butting and manual reloading. Take out the vehicles and it plays just like RC MP.

Worry no more KURGAN thanks to PFWSKIP and use of mutator He has made

ENTERABLE VEHICLES MOD for rc as demonstrated in this video ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFRAZSCOTLAND

Goto 1.37 minute in video to see ,but the podracer model before could also be added in as an enterable vehicle

Included also he has made CONQUEST mode CRYSTAL mode various admin patches a veritable wealth of nu material..

Archived