Home

Suggestions

[*]I would break out the things in the ojp_basicstuff.pk3 into separate .pk3 files to make it more modular. I have my own customized bot files and bot routes and I don't want them overridden by the OJP versions. If they were in separate .pk3 files, I could decide to not use those files the server

[*]The CJK-Mod instagib mod has a wonderful anti-killtracker feature. Killtrackers respond to commands issued in chat by the player's whose name is entered in the killtracker. The killtrackers also make spam everytime they are activated. The mod detects the activation spam and then issues chat in that player's name to turn off, silence, or (hehe) minimize the player's game.

The activation spam and corresponding command are kept in an external text file so it can be updated as new killtrackers come out. It also allows the admin to specify what command should be issued for each type of killtracker.

cjk_killTrackers This is the location of the file that contains

the messages kill trackers “/say”, and what to

force the client to say.

Contents of killTrackers.dat

Mau'Dae's Kill Tracker

!ktoff

Kill Tracker Messages Activated

!ktoff

JAM's JK2/JK3 Kill Tracker

!power

Kill Tracker On

!power

!ktoff or !power could be replaced by !silent, !silence, or !mini. You could also use the command !deaths so that everytime a killtracker spammer joins the server the number of times the spammer has been killed is broadcast to the server. The embarrassment that would cause would hopefully encourage the spammer to get rid of the killtracker.

[/list=1]

1. Just name your botroutes/bot files something higher in the alphabet. (IE "pbotfiles.pk3" "zaksfiles.pk3" etc.) I might do something like that later but it does make packaging stuff up more of a hassle.

2. Interesting idea. I was wondering how we could kill the kill trackers.

Well, I tried making a zmybots.pk3 but it still didn't eliminate the OJP bot names (or personalities I assume). Where are the bot names etc. kept? I looked in ojp_basicstuff and couldn't find them. Are they in the jamegamei386.so file? I really want my own custom bots (only) back. I can add my own custom bots manually but the mod seems to prefer adding the OJP bots over mine.

OJP mod shouldn't make it difficult or impossible to eliminate the OJP bots.

It would be great if that was selectable with a cvar. I have separate new botfiles with optimized settings for CTF and customized chat in new .jkb files, as well as customized names. So they probably aren't using my .jkb files because I made new ones with new names. However, the mod is using only the TABBots, and I would rather use my own. I'll probably have to turn off the bots completely.

I'm running OJP on my CTF server right now, but I wouldn't use it on a regular basis if I was forced to use the TABBots. Maybe they are great for Siege, but not CTF (or FFA). Plus my bots have lots of "personality". :p

EDIT- there also needs to be a cvar to turn this off

Duel Taunts in all Gametypes (ALLTAUNTS)

Multiplayer, Emotes

What It Does:

Duel taunts now work in all gametypes. These can be setup using theControls menu or by using the following commands (same as the original duel commands):

/bow - "Show respect to your opponent."

/meditate - "Sit and wait patiently for your opponent to make the first move."

/flourish - "Show off a little."

/gloat - "Celebrate your victory over your opponent."

People doing /meditate on the flagstand in CTF is very annoying. I would say that anything that isn't just a bug fix needs to have the capability to be turned off.

Bare in mind that the TABBot system is just the code that the bot AI is running on. The bot file run on top of this system. This applies to baseJKA bots as well.

However, I think the problem you're having is that the TABBots don't use the chat outside of orders and such. What sort of chat behavior are you looking for?

When I played CTF on your test server, a lot of the bots were just standing around. They didn't move or shoot at the other team (as I recall). Reminded me of an "honor server", lol, only the whining was missing.

I haven't been on my server yet (just started OJP this morning) but I checked my log. It looks like the bots are using my .jkb files because I saw some distinctive chat. But I'll have to check later to see if they are behaving normally or just standing around.

I do miss having the names I gave them like Hugh Jass and Assfighter. My regular players know all of the bots by name and make threads about their favorite ones.

I don't know if the same bot AI that is good for Siege is also better for other gametypes like CTF.

I think what would be perfect would be an external text file where the admin could define the names that would be randomly selected for bots. If the file was empty the default names would be used, or you could just supply some made-up names with the file.

Archived