Jump to content

Home

Suggestions for slider for JA+ 2.3


Recommended Posts

slider, I think you are on the right track with removing ampunish and amslay, and creating the "alternate dimension", so congratulations to you, good job. But I think it would be much better if you reversed the dimensions so the initial\default dimension is the "no rules" dimension and the "rules" dimension has to be actively entered. Here's why:

 

A new player to Jedi Academy isn't going to know about "/amaltdim" or "/refuseTele". He or she is going to join the server and start "laming" (attacking) people, because that's the way other games and the JA single-player game is played. They won't know about the "alternate dimension". The next thing that will happen is /amslap, /amsleep, /amShowMotd (if they are lucky). Then it will be up to an admin to /amForceAltDim. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll just /amkick them. Or maybe the new player will say "wtf?" and disconnect and uninstall.

 

Too much depends upon new players knowing commands (/amaltdim, /refuseTele) that they can't possibly know, and upon the kind and patient behavior of admins, and we already know about that.

 

Now imagine the reverse: the default dimension is the "no rules" dimension, so new players joining the server are automatically in that dimension. They don't have to know about "/amaltdim", and no admin has to put them in the "no rules" dimension because they are already there. Anyone who wants to follow "no laming" rules simply does "/amaltdim" as soon as they join the server. If a new player wants to join the other players in the "no laming" dimension, that is a perfect time for an admin to explain the server rules, and then if the new player agrees to the rules they are allowed to change dimensions.

 

The "no rules" dimension would serve as the "lobby" for the server, and the "no laming" dimension would be entered only by players who know about "/amaltdim" (which will soon be common knowledge among the believers in "no laming") or new players brought in with "/amForceAltDim" after agreeing to the "no laming" rules.

 

You have said you want positive suggestions and constructive criticism. I hope you can ignore the source of these suggestions, because we both want this next version of JA+ to succeed with what it is trying to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, slider has come up with a creative solution to the real players vs. "no laming" problem: two "parallel universes" on the same server.

 

Dueler's Mod had something similar: while waiting to duel, players could "FFA" but the points wouldn't count. When two players started to duel, all of the other players on the server became invisible and couldn't affect the duelers in any way, and the duelers couldn't affect the other players. Then when the duel was over, the other players would magically become visible again, and the players could go back to FFA until the next duel began.

 

slider's two dimension setup creates two parallel universes in the same server. Players can cross between dimensions, but players in one dimension can't attack players in the other. The "alternate" dimension is supposed to be a place to send "lamers" instead of abusing or kicking them. The "alternate dimension" is supposed to have "competitive" settings and admin commands don't function there.

 

This is a clever idea, but the flaw is that new players joining the server will end up in the "wrong" dimension by default, where they are subject to rules they don't know or don't believe in, and are subject to amslap and amsleep. It would be perfect if the "default" dimension was the competitive dimension, and the "no laming" dimension had to be willfully entered or was "by invitation only".

 

If you did it that way you wouldn't even need amslap or amsleep. If a troublemaker intentionally entered the "no laming" dimension to break rules, they could be forced back into the "no rules" dimension. If they disconnected, reconnected, and did it again, then you would know you had a real jerk on your hands, not some poor innocent person who just didn't know what "no laming" means. Then kickban would be completely appropriate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amidiala, if you played JA+ you would know that i thought to new player...

i am always amazed to see you speaking about plenty of thigns you even don't know (i don't intend to flame just also a suggestion )

 

first now the admin cmd in JA+ are not abusable any more because of the way they are coded (Ful protection of player, timer on admin cmds, amtele protection...etc...)

 

Secondly, when a player is slept or any other cmds, he is warned that he can go in the alternate dimension typeing into console /amAltDim (it will be also available through menu)

 

the same for amtele, he will be warned that he can type /RefuseTele.....

 

In the final version of the mod, all will be configurable...

You will be able to say that the alternate dim is the default dimension to join the server, or remove the alt dim,

 

the reason why the alt dim is the dimension for NO rules is because most FFA server in basejka, JA+, or any other mod are often RPG no laming server....

 

This alt dim only work in FFA as other gametype can be only competitve (admin cmds don't work in comptetive gametype)

 

SO in the frist dim, you can put the rules you want (no rules, no laming, rpg...etc...) but in all cases it remains an alternate dim that will be always competitive and no rules....

in the final version, the alter dim will have the separate forceregen used for duels (jp_duelforceregen) in order to have a more competitive alt dim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply slider. Actually I have downloaded and installed the two most recent betas on my home computer and tested the first beta, and I have been following the development on your forum, so I am familiar with the latest changes.

 

I understand that most "FFA" servers have "no laming" rules and that is where most of the players will be, so I understand why some people would want to make that the "primary" dimension and the "competitive" dimension the "alternate" dimension.

 

But looking at it from the perspective of a totally new player to JA multiplayer (even if they are veterans of other games) it would be more logical to make the first dimension that a player enters when joining the server the "competitive" dimension, and the "no laming" dimension the "restricted" dimension (i.e. no "laming" allowed). Players who follow the "no laming" rules would simply /amaltdim as soon as they entered the server. You could probably make it so that if the player has the JA+ client plug-in installed they would automatically go to the "no laming" dimension. It would be likely that someone who prefers "no laming" would have the client installed, and a new player wouldn't.

 

By setting it up this way, the "no laming" players would immediately go to the "correct" dimension (either automatically or with /amaltdim), and the new players would automatically be in the "competitive" dimension where they don't run the risk of breaking rules that they don't understand. They wouldn't have to be amslept and told to enter a command in the console. They wouldn't have to do anything.

 

You overestimate the knowledge level of the new players. You assume they know how to open the console and enter commands. Many of them don't know how to do that. Read your logs, you will find entries like this:

 

Padawan: what was that command to see arms chopped off?

Vet: /set cg_dismember 2

Padawan: /set cg_dismember 2

Vet: no, not in chat, enter it in the console

Padawan: what?

Vet: open the console and enter it there

Padawan: what is the console and how do I open it?

Vet: shift and tilde

Padawan: what? what's tilde?

Vet: that key next to 1, press shift and tilde

Padawan: OK

Padawan: what was that command again?

Vet: .......

 

and so on.

 

By making the first dimension a new player enters the "no laming" dimension, you pretty much guarantee there will be a lot of amsleeping and amslapping going on when you look at all of the JA+ servers as a whole (yes, I know the commands have flood restriction, I'm talking about the aggregate total). You pretty much guarantee the new players will have to go through the unpleasant experience of being amslept and told to do something that many of them don't know how to do. Maybe instead of amslap and amsleep those commands should just be replaced with /amForceAltDim.

 

I know your preference is to make it "totally configurable" and leave it up to the server operator, but based on past experience we know what will happen, just as they rarely change jp_antiAdmAbuseTimer from 0 (off). It would be great if you would set some value other than 0 in the sample JA+ server.cfg so that feature would actually get used.

 

Left to default values, server operators will make the "main" dimension the "no laming" dimension, and the "alternate dimension" the "lamer's dimension". New players will join and end up in the "wrong" dimension, and start "laming" because they didn't understand what "No laming" in the MOTD means. An admin will immediately amslap then amsleep them. They will be told to enter a command in the console and they won't know how to do that. The admin and people on the server will say "lol, haha, what a n00b". The humiliated kid's character will be immobilized on the floor while everyone laughs at him and calls him a noob. He'll disconnect, uninstall, and Jedi Academy will have lost another player.

 

It would be so much better if the new players ended up by default in the "competitive" dimension first. Then there would be time to explain the rules to them, and how to open the console etc. without having to amsleep them first. They would be allowed to join the majority of the players in the "exclusive" dimension only after they understood and agreed to the rules. It would be like they would have to show they were "worthy" before they joined the majority of the other players in the "exclusive" alternate dimension. The players in the exclusive, alternate dimension will never be "lamed" because only people who know how to get into the alternate dimension will be there. If people make the "no laming" dimension the default dimension, they will be exposed to "laming" at all times.

 

Again, I really support what you are trying to do, but I think that the way things are going to play out is going to defeat what you are trying to accomplish. Your alternate dimension is a very good idea, but as they say, the devil is in the details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slider you cater more to the E-raging server admin who believes himself a deity, not new players who are beaten into submission because an errant saber throw decapitated a clan member.

 

You seriously have put no thought into any of your admin features and while I give you credit for trying to work things out now the damage has already been done and this game is just waiting for Death to lower the scythe.

 

Even your non abusive supporters have begun to move on to greener pastures leaving behind the worst of the honor admins.

 

Ami may still feel it worthwhile to get you to change certain aspects of your mod but I know it is a waste of time trying to convince you of doing anything good with what is left of this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry I have to respond to slider here, but if I debate him in his own forum he will probably delete the posts\thread and ban me, as he has done to others who criticize JA+ "too much"

 

Originally posted by slider in his forum

Moreover i don't want my mod to be used to make fun with "so called lamers"....(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

 

you have the right to manage your server as you want because you are the owner but you must not loose the thought that players have also rights...

on this last point, yes sure, you can always say that players can disconnect if they disagree with the way you are using JA+...(and uninstall after they go to 10 other JA+ servers that abuse players in the same way)

But the problem is for new players (on this point i agree Amidala even if i totally disagree most of her opinion and the way she is trying to imposing her opinion with a fanatic way)....(I can't impose my opinion on anyone, slider, because I can't ampunish-amslap-amsleep-amslay-amtele-ammindtrick people the way anti-laming "fanatics" using your mod do to impose their way of playing on people. Those are the real "fanatics")

 

The new players may be degusted of playing JA when they are threaten as lamers or humilated by those cmds that make you sometimes laugh to use them ...(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

new player even don't know what is laming..... amshowmotd and amforcealtdim will learn them...ampunish will make them wanting to disturbing more your server...

Sure those cmds can be used in a good way...( :rolleyes: )

But i know there is a lot of admins that are not aware of those problems...(c'mon slider, not only are they aware, they are doing some of the abusing and are the same ones complaining about some of their powers being taken away)

 

I often see that those bad admins are not the main server admins....(How do you know that? And what difference does it make to the player who is being abused and humiliated?) they are just player who just want have fun amslaying people when the main admins is not there....at the end it will make your server empty...(make not just their server empty but ALL servers empty by driving players out of this game, as they have been doing since the first version of JA+ came out)

and i am sure that you don't want to play alone amslaying yourself....

 

 

Finally because i think those bad admins are hurting the JA community and more generally the Way i wanted JA+ to be used, i was forced to rework on the admin system...(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

 

I want to clarify things, JA+ was and will stay a powerfull tool to manage and control totally your server with the same efficiency as before...(for all you control freaks and "fanatics" out there)

 

A big power often include a big responsability...

JA+ is a tool that make your server more powerfull in control and options..... you can control everything and set on/off what you want...(and they want to have more power over everyone else on the server, rather than just getting good at the game, so they turn all the worst features on, of course)

 

But a powerfull tool is also at the same time a powerfull weapon that can make hurt more than good things when not well used....(wait, when we told you all of this a year and a half ago you didn't listen to us and said JA+ was just like a "kitchen knife". Now you finally realize it's a powerful and destructive weapon? *claps hands*)

 

i often see too many server leader giving admin right to bad and immature admins.....(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

 

This tought made me thing of a new JA+ solution in order to learn admins how the new concept of alternate dimension is powerfull and can replace the old amslay and ampunish cmds...

 

THe 2.3 version of the mod will be a total new mod in all directions : new way of controlling the servers emphazing all kind of players satisfactions instead of punishing unwanted players, new moves , new attacks, so new gameplay new diversity of technics that you will be able to learn to your padawans, new nice effects....etc....(if only you had done this a year and a half ago before countless players were driven out of the game by the club and boot of ampunish-amslap-amslay-etc.)

 

At the beginning of the JK series, all players were playing as in Quake3 engine and UT...etc....so kill kill kill...

the word lamer was even inexisting......(In other words, they played the game normally by the real rules, the way every other similar game is played)

 

Then the notion of honour and RPG began to appear...It was a real revolution in online gaming which gave to the JK series an ethernal feeling that no other game will have...(If by "ethereal" you mean silly and ridiculous, I agree with you)

The Honour thing was directly inspired by the movies....(That's your opinion, where is your proof? In my opinion and the opinion of others, it was invented by mediocre or worse players who wanted some way of reducing the number of times they were slaughtered by more competent players playing the game by the real rules)

At the same time, you never have a new thing without this exact opposite in life...

when honour appeared in the JK series, also the dishonour and bad behaviour appears....

this is like the the good against the evil..., the sith Vs the jedi.....

hehe funny paralell ^^

 

at the same time, a lot of clan were using ffa to make training and teaching their padawan...(No, they wanted to duel and were too impatient to wait their turn on real Duel servers)

group of people organized in academy began to appear.... (So like in the movies)...

Then some mods began to support those concepts in order to reinforce server rules of no laming because laming disturb teaching ereas in a servers...(seta g_password "password" accomplishes the same thing with no need for abusive admin mods)

You began to see a lot of admin cmds that can give you a total power on people but it was most of time well used...so No problem at all....(not true, ask any JK2 vet)

those so called admin began to feel as yoda or council members like in the movies who punish bad jedi or awards the good jedi....(so like in the movies)....( :rolleyes: )

 

but with the time, this admin power (similar to the forces for jedi) began to increasingly corrupt good admins...(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

some of them became more and more in JEdi academy series dark admin or sith admins....(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

the problem is that the admin powers are too powerfull for sith admins.....and i see increasingly this sith admin bahaviour contamine good jedi admins (we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)....(staying in the movie similitud)....

so the good jedi admins are more and more going to the dark side of the admin powers (we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)....killing more and more the best fun and the best gameplay that you can have playing this game...(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN!!)

 

JA+ needs to now to give a reboost to good admins showing the way of the ligth side with /amforcealtdim...(After all the destruction caused by people using your mod, too little too late)

Easy is the darsk side, quicker it is but more powerfull is the light side....

Easier and quicker is to use ampunish, but more powefull is to use amforcealtdim....

 

ampunish will make you become bad and dark admin or even sith admin whereas amforcealtdim will make you learning to comeback on the light side of the admin power becoming good jedi admins....

 

 

at the same time if we report those admin considerations to the not admin players ....., it will reinforce real ffa players instead of enforcing only the no laming players....(After all the destruction caused by people using your mod, too little too late. Virtually all of the real players have already been driven out, and new players are STILL being driven out every day)

 

 

The diversity in a game is immportant....this is nice to have in the same game both real gamer as well as honour guy...

this is quite uniq in the JK series...(Because all other games would never put up with silly people "amsitting" on servers, chatting, and sticking grapplehooks up each other's butts, much less punishing people for simply playing the game by the real rules. You look foolish trying to make something silly and stupid look "noble")

This diversity make the game more powerfull and give to the game a uniq feeling that no other game has...(JA+ servers have exterminated all the diversity out of the FFA servers. They are virtually all saber-only and "no laming")

the too big admin power often not well used tend to decrease the real gamer community....and this is not good for the whole community....(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

this diversity is important beacause it make the game more powerfull...(and by spending all of your time until just recently catering to the honor noobs at the expense of the real players, you, more than anyone else, are responsible by eliminating the diversity that you now at this late date claim is so important. That's a type of hypocrisy.)

 

and this is more true if this diversity exists in a server...

the alternate dimension things enable to have this diversity on your seerver because you will have all kinds of players...

real gamer as well as rpg honour players....

I personnly like to give courses to my padawan......(seta g_password "password" accomplishes the same thing with no need for abusive admin mods)

i also like to recives courses from my master......(seta g_password "password" accomplishes the same thing with no need for abusive admin mods)

but i also like to have real ffa...(Full weapon, full Force, default Force regeneration, no cheap grapplehooks and jetpacks, and no "honor" rules FFA? Riiiiiight. I would pay to see you playing that, lol)

 

this alternate dimension will allow players to play both side without beeing obliged to change server...

 

JA+ is therefore trying to reinforce the balance between good admin and bad admins...(Why should there be a "balance" between good and bad admins. There shouldn't be any bad admins in the first place)

you can see it as a better balance between lamers and honours players or a better balance between real ffa players (often called lamers) and rpg honour no laming players....(Too bad real FFA players have already been driven out of this game by ampunish, etc.)

 

If the real ffa players diseappear this is like a galaxy without Jedi or a galaxy witouh sith....(the star wars movies would even not exist... lol ^^)^(Um, what do you mean "if" real FFA players disappear? Your mod was the main tool used to make that happen)

the sith need to keep alive as well as jedi...

 

this is like in the movies... :)(um, slider, this is an ACTION-FIRST PERSON SHOOTER GAME, not a movie)

 

in Ep1 jedi are omnipresent and control everything and they ban and punish bad jedi....

in EP2, the more bad jedi are punished the more the sith univers is growing...

in EP3 : the sith take the advantage over jedi...until EP6 were the jedi take again the power...

 

let me continue the similitud....

in JK1 the real player community is omnipresent (real players are often said as "lamers" later in the JK series) in JK1, the Honour rpg begins to appear...

in jK2, the honour things is growing more and more at the same time with the need to have secure zones to make trainings to your padawan in your academy group of people...(seta g_password "password" accomplishes the same thing with no need for abusive admin mods)

at the middle of JK2 and the whole beginning of JK3, the honour guy take the advantage punishing and forcing everybody to play like they want on theirs server...(we told you that would happen when JA+ first came out, but you didn't listen)

but the time has turned and now JA+ will try to give a better balance between all kind of players in order not give the advantage to one type of gaming....(Too bad you didn't do this a year and a half ago. Too little too late)

 

both type of gaming need to co-exist in harmony in order to have the best powerfull game...

And this is the goal of this innovative alternage dimension....

 

like the sith dimension and jedi dimension...

they must keep existing with the same power ....

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

hehe well

 

 

but this said don't take too much seriously my explication

 

it was a funny thought in my mind....

 

 

PS: private joke, i know Amidala will read it ^^^so Amidala i hate the way your are thinking..... you neeed to becomre more open minded...(Wow, you're smug AND condescending. You're kidding, right? Just because I know right from wrong doesn't mean I'm not open-minded. Just because I don't agree with your ideas doesn't mean I'm not open-minded. :rolleyes: )

 

perhaps the way the admin cmds are coded since JK2 made you become like you are today....^^^( hehe let's continue the anologie with the movie) (Yes slider, do tell me how I am, you know me so well *adds "presumptuous" to "smug" and "condescending"*)

 

the extreme honour things wildspread in all the community make the real gamer become as jerk ^^^(Define "jerk". You mean abusing and humiliating kids for playing a video game the "normal" way? Not guilty. You mean pointing out how the abuse and silliness on JA+ servers has destroyed this game? Guilty, and not ashamed, either)

 

perhaps JA+ will let you come back to your real nature ^^^ :

a better open minded real player that do not bash everything like a jerk ^^(No thanks slider. If using JA+ and conforming to your narrow idea of being "open-minded" is the only way to avoid you calling me a "jerk", I'd rather you call me a jerk. And I only criticize ("bash") things that richly deserve to be criticized ("bashed") like pre-2.3 versions of JA+ mod)

 

RPG vs Honour is not a reality nor a fatality

 

I think a lot of people like to play both of gaming (honour and real game) it depends on the moment.(Another unsupported opinion. Where is your evidence? I know the players who like real FFA and CTF don't go near almost-everything-disabled JA+ "honor" servers, and "honor" players who come to real FFA and CTF servers don't last more than 15-20 minutes, most of which is spent being killed over and over again, whining "stop laming!", "fight me with a saber you pussy", and "too many gun noobs here" before leaving with their tail between their legs. Your "lots of people like both" theory just isn't true. They are a minority. Honor players like those rules because it's safe and easy. Real players don't like "honor" servers because they are boring, silly, and abusive. Honor players don't like real servers because they get killed frequently and playing that way is challenging and isn't easy. Real players like it because they kill frequently and playing that way is challenging and isn't easy)

 

perhaps people need to understand that servers must not be put in a category...

the alternate dimension will highlight this things enabling the possibility of playing both type of the game.....

 

 

 

 

finally there is no jedi vs sith,

there is just the force with many way to use it....the diversity of use make the hamorny and the balance of the force

 

there is not honour vs real gamer,

there is just the game with many way to play it and the diversity of the way people play it make the harmony and the force of this JK series.

 

(Let's all /amsit in a circle, hold hands, and sing "Kumbaya" :rolleyes: )

 

Like I said earlier slider, I'm glad you are finally making your mod less abuse-prone. Too bad you didn't do this a long time ago. Unfortunately, after all of the destruction to this game caused by people using the tools you gave them in JA+ mod (as described by you yourself above), it's too little, too late.

 

cHoSeN oNe came to the same realization, too late to save JK2. You have also come to the same realization, too late to save JA.

 

Now, before the next Jedi Knight game comes out (if there ever is one) and is destroyed in the same way, can we all agree that abusive commands have no place in these games, and only end up destroying it??

 

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AMidala why don't you awnser on my forum

 

i only removed and ban flaming topics and flaming people....

 

***JOKE**** => ha yes i know why

perhaps you forgot all the logins you created to bash the mod in the various forums you go?

perhaps you forgot your passwords with all those logins lol

perharps you don't want me to see your IP because i will be able to detect you with all your logins..... hehe ......

 

 

Well amidala i keep convinced you are not open minded....

 

First JKA is not destroyed,

the community is still there

and the dev community with mappers, skinners , modelers, movie mainers ...etc... is still there...

thanks to the dev community the game is still up because it destroy the monotony ....

 

Only the changes make people keep in the community.....

 

On another hand if you would be right saying all JA+ server are honour servers, this change will give a reboost in the way it will make pople play with another way....

and the change is good because this is like playing another game with another way....

 

Amidala you keep convinced there is a fight between honoour vs real gamer...

 

this is not true....

i know a lot of JA+ server where this is alll the taime real gaming and no rules of antilaming set...

i also see a lot of basejjka servers with hnour rules

i also see some opther mods with honour rules

 

the honours and real gamer are in all server and play with all mods....

this is a fact the ho,our thing is in the JK series since JK1 and amsit is coded by lucasart since JK2... ^^

this is even in duel basejka servers without the need of amsit...

 

emots does not mean honour

you are false on a lot of things

 

you want to much to put people or server or mods in a category

 

tyhis is not back or white it can be also grey or all the variety of colors between back and white...

you have to understand that most people like to play both type of gaming (real gaming and honour gaming)

 

you are also wrong on your "the game was meant to be played like it is writen in the manual""

 

AMidala a game is game...

when a person buy it and buy a server to play this game with a group of people... they are allowed to play the game like they want....this is their game and their server

and not yours....

 

when you buy a LEGO, you can build the object from the plan but also can use all the pieces to build what you want....

 

JA+ is a LEGO with many pieces and option to build the server you want....

you always say that people let the server.Cfg like that wihout touching it.....

 

you would be surprised how the JA+ users like to change all things in my mod...

JA+ learnt them to do that and change what they want....

and they therefore change what they want....

 

when they change all the damages, they do it because they like it...

when they remove some of the features of JA+, this is because they don't like it....etc.....

 

admins are not stupid amidala....

this is not JA+ the responsible of hnour things...

the honour and RPG things is in the JK series since JK1....

 

as it was the only game to provide such things inspired ffrom the movie with academy and council members....etc... a lot of mod wanted to reinforce thing thing.....

now that too much people play like that....

this is nice to change and give a reboost to another type of gaming (real gaming)

but without loosing RPG and hnour because this is fantastic to create relationship with friends in a academy playing the game in RPG context...

 

first you are padawan, you have a msters then you make tests to have a better ranks in the academt until you are allowed to have padawans....

etc....

 

i know you think this is silly but that is your point of view and only the point of view of a category of people that don't like it.....

but there is also a lot of people that like it.....

 

the server i used to play and play nowadays are servers with RPGs things and RPG events......

wen oprganized scenario as if it was a movies

and each person have a role to play....

 

this is veyr fun also....

but i also like real gaming at the same time....

and there are always fun real gaming zone on maps for that.....

 

each player like both execpt some integrist players like you amadala who things that this is silly becayse they don't like it....

 

you don't like it so this is silly ==> this is the way you think....

 

this is egoist and not open minded..

 

JA+ is a poweffull tool but as i said all powerful tools after a time finish to be used in a bad way or exploited by a category of bad people.....

but this is the same with basejka nad any other mods.....

 

i was kicked many times by admins on basejjka server just becaused i beat them in private duel....

 

You see amidala i awnser to your topics without quoting every single word...

 

YOu repeated in your topics in red sentences many times the same things for nothings

 

one time is enough and more efficient....

Amidala stop hidding yourselff under fake identity

dare posting on my forums with ONE LOGIN (yours) and not all your fake login i see on various forums which are at the evidence the same person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

slider, I have only one account on every forum where I am registered. Your forum is the only one where I don't use Amidala in my user name, because I know several people who were banned from your forum for criticizing JA+, and I know you would love to do the same thing to me. Don't kid yourself that all the criticism of JA+ you see is really only one person (me) with multiple accounts. Those are all real people, many of whom have posted in this forum.

 

Not only have you said that other critics are really me, you even accused me of really being =X=MasterHex :rolleyes: I almost thought you were losing your grip on reality for awhile.

 

And slider, I had to quote your post here because it was made in your forum and otherwise people wouldn't know what you said or what I was talking about.

 

The community of modders, mappers, skinners, etc. (God bless them) is small and getting smaller all the time. Compared to other similar games, the number of servers and players is small, and much less than it should be with an ACTION-FIRST PERSON SHOOTER GAME based in the popular Star Wars universe. The abusive "honor" servers have given Jedi Academy a reputation in the gaming world as a game full of chatty, whiny, abusive crybabies who actually make fun of people who use the weapons (guns and explosives) found in every other game. Because of that, veterans from other games won't go near Jedi Knight games, which they might otherwise enjoy and help to keep the game alive. JA+ is the most popular tool that the abusive, chatty, whiny crybabies use to impose their tyranny on their servers.

 

You say "i know a lot of JA+ server where this is alll the taime real gaming and no rules of antilaming set..." Besides your CTF server and Padamon's two pwn servers, name some JA+ servers with real gaming and without "laming" rules. List some please. Should be easy if there are "a lot" of them.

 

You also say "i also see a lot of basejjka servers with hnour rules". Name some please. Give some examples.

 

You keep stating you "know a lot" of servers that are this or that, but you never list them. Go ahead, lets see some names and IP addresses. Everyone here who is playing or who has actually played the game knows what you are saying is nonsense, so prove us wrong by listing "a lot" of servers that "you know". Otherwise, quit making that ridiculous claim if you can't back it up.

 

You keep saying that "most people like to play both honor\RPG and real gaming". That's just nonsense. Where is your evidence? Yes, there are some people who play both, like you claim you do (how much time have you played on your own "real gaming" CTF server? As little time as I play, I have probably logged more minutes on that server than you have), but most "honor\RPG" players tend to stay on those servers because:

 

[*]They are mostly interested in dueling, chatting, and fooling around with grapplehooks

[*]They absolutely HATE guns and think "only noobs use guns"

[*]They think "the Force is cheap and noobish" as so many of them say in forums and on full-Force servers like mine

[*]They like hiding behind the "no laming" rules because they would get slaughtered over and over without those rules

[*]They like "no laming" rules because it justifies the existence of "admins", who so many of them want so desperately to be

[/list=1]

 

Most real players stay away from "honor\RPG" servers because they are:

 

[*]Boring. No guns, no explosives, almost no Force powers on most of them. People are standing or sitting around chatting, with a few no-Force saber duels here and there. Yawn.

[*]Silly. People shooting grapplehooks up each others butts while chatting about their dogs and homework. Why don't they do that on AIM, MSN Messenger, or at least The Sims Online for goodness sakes :rolleyes:

[*]Abusive, as you yourself described above. Not only are people abused from breaking server rules, but also for having the wrong name, beating some clan member in a duel, or just because the admin is bored, wants to show off his "powers", or is "having a bad day".

[/list=1]

 

You keep saying "most like to play both ways" and it just isn't true. Just because you and a few others claim to like both doesn't mean "most" do.

 

slider, this game isn't a Lego set. Lego isn't a game, it's a toy, can't you tell the difference? Jedi Academy is a game, like chess, checkers, poker, bridge, croquet, basketball, etc. Games have official rules. Do people play basketball and say "no shooting baskets is allowed"? Do they they slap and punish other players for shooting baskets and playing by the official rules?

 

So you were kicked from base servers for winning duels. That's unfortunate. Can you imagine how much worse you have made it by giving admins the ability to amslap-amsleep-ampunish-amslay-amtele players before kicking them? Why on earth did you give people even more ways to behave badly?

 

I'm glad you are finally realizing that the things we warned you were going to happen a year and a half ago when you first released JA+ mod have happened just as we predicted they would happen. We went through this before with JK2, and we didn't want it to happen again to JA. We warned you and pleaded with you to not put abusive commands in your mod, but YOU weren't "open-minded" enough to listen to US. Now that you can no longer ignore the truth, you are finally taking SOME of the abusive commands out.

 

Unfortunately, it is too little, too late. Way to go, slider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no amidlala lol n it is not too late

look the number of JA+ with JA+2.3beta2...

you will be surprised ^^

 

and also, only silly people never change their minds^^^^, and i will always stay convinced of this idea ^^ it was a joke......

 

amidala i am enough open minded to understand all real gamer wills and all rpg wills ......

i say that since the beginning ....

 

but you amidala, are you enough open, minded to recognize that Hnour is not silly in this game?

 

if you don't want to recognize it, it means you lack something (for me this is the open minded spireit which you lack of)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

slider, as I said, I hope all JA+ servers upgrade to 2.3, although some won't because they just love ampunishing and amslaying too much. But even if all JA+ servers switched to 2.3, it still won't undo all the damage caused by the abusive commands in JA+ mod versions 1.0-2.2. Too many people have been driven away, never to return.

 

Do you think all of the people still playing Quake III and CounterStrike have been playing since the first days those games came out? No, of course not. But those games have stayed alive and popular because as veteran players leave, new players come to take their places. And, the new players aren't abused and humiliated for playing the game the "normal" way.

 

Those games are older than Jedi Academy but they are still alive and vital. It's because players aren't amslapped and told to "go play UT2K4" or "go play Jedi Academy if you just want to chat and whine".

 

But for the past year and a half, JA+ servers have been using abuse and humiliation to drive off the new players that Jedi Academy and any game needs to stay alive.

 

slider, look at the activity on this forum. It used to be busy and active. Look at it now. Good job.

 

If the majority of the servers were "normal" or "real gaming" and there were a few servers where people disabled almost everything and sat around and chatted, no one would care. If there were some servers where people put a password on the server so their pretend Padawan training sessions weren't interrupted, no one would care. If they were a strange, weird minority of the servers, no one would care.

 

But slider, you and your mod have created a world that is upside-down. The servers that are normal and play by the real rules are a tiny fraction of all servers, and are empty because almost all of the real players have been driven off during the past year and a half since your mod came out. The few survivors are taking refuge in CTF and Movie Battles II, but without a stream of fresh new players, they are dying off too. All that is left (especially on JA+ "FFA" servers) are the chatting, dueling, whining "honor" players.

 

Your mod has made things totally upside-down and unbalanced. And bragging about how "open-minded" you are and how much you enjoy playing both ways isn't going to change what people using your mod have done to this game the past year and a half. You spent all of your time up until now catering to the abusive honor noobs, until they are virtually all that is left. It's too late to change that now, although I am glad you are finally doing something.

 

Anyone who wants a sad trip down memory lane should read this thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119796&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

 

Who correctly predicted what happened, and who didn't?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

amidala you are totally wrong

the number of JKA server is almost the same than the whole beginning

 

there were at max 800 server and there is now about 600-650...

 

the number of server has decreased quiclly just after several monsth to about 700 and then the decrase is very slow

 

since the beginning of JKA there is more honur guy than real player guy

 

and this is not JA+ who increased the number of honour guy...

 

JA+ has made no damage as in general real player are too much basejk purist that accept no modification

and therefore they mainly play basejka servers....

there are also a lot of real players in mods but more in basejka because the real player community is mainly purist that accept no modification

 

for a real player that you claim to be , you should know it...

 

JA+ has made no damage and it is even the opposite...

Always people say they would stop to play the game without the fun features of JA+

 

you have to see something Amidala : this is the honour gamer that make this game alive...

Indeed fo real gaming, UT quake3 or HL2 are much beter gamer in shoot them up....

therefore if there weren't any rpgn honour players in the community, there would be very few servers because real gamer prefer to play Q3 ut or HL or others

 

this is the hnour and rpg community that give to this game a uniq feelings that no game have

and this is this thigns that make the game alive more than real gaming....

 

I think this is the reason why there are more rpg players than real gamers....

 

the real gamers that like weapons prefer to play other games..

the real gamers that like sabers can play the game this is true....

but this is also why servers are mainly just saber and no other weapons.....

 

you see this is not JA+, this is how the community is.....

Stop blaming JA+ because you don't have your 2000 server with all weapons like it is in quake3

 

You are pathetic Admidala

 

without JA+ or more generally without any mods, the game would have last 6 months....

WItouh any admin mods, people that like the RPG system and they represent a big part of the community since the beginning, would have abuse with rcon quick on the lamers

 

the result would have been the same

 

SO ja+ has nthing to do with what you are blaming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

your only problem Amidala is that you often can't stand the difference...

 

i continue to say you lack open minded spirit...

you often can't stand that people don't think like you....

i often see you speaking as a fanatic person trying to force people to think like you think....

 

when someone think something as soon as it does not fit you personal feelings, you immediatly say this is silly.....

 

Amidala the only silly person is you because you can't understand other peoples tought.........

more precisely, you can't understand that people don't think like you....

but this is the same....

 

Amidala you say you spent more time on my own server than me...

well lol

i don't think you can play a lot when i see all your messages in all forums....

 

you even take sentences in all forums you see just to be able replace them out of their context....

so you may spend a lot of time to do it

and after no time to play lol....

 

do you think you are credible doing like that?

NO amidala , your fanatic behaviour is not credible and also make frighten some real gamers when they hear you speaking like you speak with a totalitarian point view.....

 

Amidala you terribly lack maturity with the way you speak....

Dont think speaking like in TV movie showing trial is a good point.....

this is visible and many people see quickly the way you are trying to manipulate people's sentences or words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick suggestion: (haven't read all your posts by the way, so I may be repeating something, I apologize if that is the case)

 

Couldn't you just come up with something that forces people to update their version of JA+? Something that makes old versions unable to play, so that only the newest version can be played. Is that possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slider.

 

I realize this is currently beta...so I have a few things to ask.

 

 

1. Will the twirl up and get stuck for 3 seconds move be able to be CLIENT SIDE deactivated? (the one where you forward, jump, attack, near someone). I friggin hate that going off.

 

2. Will you be touching up on the "new" kick moves? Just seems so buggy and choppy animation right now.

 

3. Will you be removing the free "stun" moves everyone is currently spamming over and over and over? (he raise them in air and stab, or in duels...the single/duals kick and jump in air and come down and slice away). It REALLY removes a LOT from duels. Stuns are never a good idea. It's understandable if the other person could at least attempt to get out of the way.

 

4. Why was single/duals given 2 new kick moves when staff was given one? Staff was originally supposed to be the only one to even get the kick ability in the first place. I don't understand why you've taken unique things from staff and gave them to others. Flipkick was the original one. Flipkick is far more effective and very easy to spam (and exploit with pull/grip)....so what's the advantage of using staff kick? Now you're giving single/duals 2 kicks.

 

5. Is the "everyone can kick" move going to be balanced and given to staff only? single and duals gets two, while staff gets one. If you limit to staff only, everyone gets 1 new kick.

 

 

6. Is the "everyone can kick" move going to be changed to stop after the first kick? The 2nd kick in that move is kind of pointless. You just get stuck. How about an option to stop the move immediatly after the first kick...and an option to continue starting the 2nd kick?

 

 

 

Also, the whole alt demension is just...annoying. You have people running around with it on and freaking people out because people think someone is trying to lame someone and then all hell breaks lose as everyone chases after someone who can't hurt or be hurt. How about giving alt dems a "dim" or something that shows they are in another deminsion. Also...people with it abuse it and annoy the crap out of others by swinging inside of them over and over and you have to take time just to be able to get them. Normally you can handle a lamer easy until they get bored and leave after being owned so much.

 

and on top of that, while dueling people, sometimes they have it on for some reason and my attacks just go right through them and I still take dmg from their swings.

 

 

 

 

and a bug I've found so far:

 

Sometimes people's sabers are completely invisible, but still do damage. I've had it happen to me personally a few times, as well.

 

 

Are you ever...going to make any moves that don't require you to be locked in place and unable to move for "some" reason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

slider, you are always nagging me about quoting you, when quoting is a totally legitimate feature of any forum (see there is even a quote.gif button), yet you frequently double-post (you did it twice in this thread). Notice there is no "make a double post" button. Instead of telling me not to quote, why don't you learn to use the edit.gif button instead of double-posting. Thanks. :rolleyes:

 

As long as you are going to double-post, I'm going to keep quoting :p

 

Originally posted by Slider744

amidala you are totally wrong

the number of JKA server is almost the same than the whole beginning

 

there were at max 800 server and there is now about 600-650...

 

 

No slider, you are totally wrong. According to the All Seeing Eye, tonight there are 489 servers, 308 of which are totally empty (not even any bots). Qtracker shows more servers, 582, of which 380 are totally empty. In either case there are only around 200 servers that aren't totally empty, and many of those have only bots in them, no humans.

 

Not only is the number of active servers pitifully small, but the diversity you keep claiming is so important to you isn't there. Where are the full-weapon, full-Force, "real Free For All" servers? And where are the players to play on them? I'll tell you where: driven away by the abuse, silliness, and boredom on JA+ servers, that's where.

 

You can't just count total servers (even though you over-estimated them) you have to look at the number that are being used. Having servers with no players does no one any good.

 

At least have the intellectual honesty to admit that the game is much less active than it was even less than a year ago, even though you refuse to take responsibility for JA+ mod's contribution to that decline.

 

Meanwhile, older games whose servers don't abuse and humiliate players for playing normally are still going strong.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

since the beginning of JKA there is more honur guy than real player guy

 

and this is not JA+ who increased the number of honour guy...

 

JA+ has made no damage as in general real player are too much basejk purist that accept no modification

and therefore they mainly play basejka servers....

there are also a lot of real players in mods but more in basejka because the real player community is mainly purist that accept no modification

 

for a real player that you claim to be , you should know it...

 

You are probably right, in the beginning there probably were more "no laming" players than "real" players. And what did your mod do? It made an unbalanced ratio even more unbalanced! Not so much by increasing the number of "honour guys" as you call them, although that did happen because naive, gullible, inexperienced new players went to "no laming" servers and were coerced and brainwashed ("stop laming!" "don't lame" "only noobs lame!"), but mostly by providing the means to abuse, humiliate, and drive the "real players" out of the game.

 

So what started as maybe a 60\40 ratio of "no lamers" to real players is now, what, 90\10? If you really cared about "diversity" as much as you claim, you should have been trying to strengthen the real\competitive side of the community, instead of giving the "honor" side the tools to become even more dominant.

 

JA+ servers didn't affect real players directly, because JA+ was\is rarely used outside of "no laming" servers. But servers using it drove off the new players who might have become real or competitive players. Even "honor" players got sick of the abuse and use of empowerment when they went to other servers, and they were driven off too, like former JA+ fan [sSC]NuTinmuch:

 

Originally posted by [sSC]NuTinmuch]

First, let me introduce myself.

 

I used to run a clan called [sSC] or the Silent Storm Clan. We were one of the first clans in JKA, and lasted a year and a few months. I (And the rest of my clan) left JKA sometime in November for tons of reasons, most notable the decline of the community.

 

Ever since I have been in this "community" (JK2 Included) I have been with the "Honor" + "No Lame" people. I have argued against people like Amidala time and time again. In JK2 I started out in a clan called JHC (Jedi Honour Clan) and in JKA I decided to make my own clan. (SSC)

 

In JKA I adopted this very mod. I loved it. I loved it so much that I even hosted Slider/JA+'s first website/forum. It was hosted right on my clan board and I gave slider everything he needed. I really thought this mod was the future. Boy was I wrong.

 

I can honestly say that this mod has ruined JKA.

 

My clan (SSC) did not abuse the admin commands given... (We only used it for the banning commands and clan talk) so I never thought there was a problem. We were a big clan (40+ members) so the server was always full. I never had to leave. Near the end when we were getting bored of the game, I and others left our server. To say the least I was horrified.

 

In all truth, the only server I wasn't banned from was the Chop Shop disruption server, and clans that where friendly to us.

 

However, the honor code in this mod isn't the only "bad" thing.

 

Slider is reluctant to admit his mistakes/bad coding. Ever since 1.7 there was a command I think amchange or something like that where you could change your saber from single to staff and visa versa. Me and my clan mates where playing with this one day when we discovered this lagged the server. (This was before it was a widely known thing). After some simple scripting we managed to make a script that when executed, would crash the server in a few seconds. It worked on every server we tested it on, and should have been considered a major threat. It took Slider up to one of the latest releases to fix this, and surprisingly enough, you can still use it on some servers!

 

I could go on and on about things like this, but I won't.

 

 

Whether naive newbies, veterans from other games, or even "honour guys", servers with and users of JA+ mod have driven untold numbers of players out of this game, never to return. You don't have to agree or admit it slider, because it doesn't make it any less true. Everyone in this forum knows it (and so do you, if you are truly "open-minded").

 

And slider, I don't just "claim" to be a real player, I am. Always have been, always will be. Maybe not the greatest player, because I don't have much time to play, but 100% real nonetheless.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

JA+ has made no damage and it is even the opposite...

Always people say they would stop to play the game without the fun features of JA+

slider, the only people who say that are the sycophants, ring-kissers, and admin-abusers who hang out in your forum. They know that posts and threads that are critical of JA+ or you are deleted and the people who posted them are never seen there again (banned). Of course they love amslapping, amslaying, and look how much they are whining about losing only two of their precious abuse commands. Of course those people love grapplehooks and jetpacks, they are crutches that help them think they are actually good players.

 

You are right, if a lot of JA+ users couldn't ampunish-amslap-amslay-amsleep-ammindtrick-amghost-amtele-amempower, and actually had to play without crutches like grapplehooks and jetpacks, they probably would stop "playing".

 

Originally posted by Slider744

you have to see something Amidala : this is the honour gamer that make this game alive...

Indeed fo real gaming, UT quake3 or HL2 are much beter gamer in shoot them up....

How would you know? Actually, the Jedi Knight games, when played to their fullest as they were designed to be played are some of the best action-first person shooter games ever made. Ask anyone who has actually played all of them. It's not that UT2K4, Q3, or Half-Life are better games, it's it's the players and communities that are so much better. The mediocre players, chatters, whiners, and wannabes know that they will not only be accepted in JA, they will actually be the majority, whereas in other games they wouldn't last 10 minutes if they acted like that.

 

And yes, now that the users of JA+ have driven away most of the real players, they are all that is keeping this game alive. But it didn't have to be that way. We can thank you, JA+ mod, and the people who used and abused it for that.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

therefore if there weren't any rpgn honour players in the community, there would be very few servers because real gamer prefer to play Q3 ut or HL or others

Again, how do you know what real gamers like to play? The only reason they wouldn't like such a great game is because of what they would encounter on most "FFA" servers, and most real gamers aren't going to put up with that. But it's not Jedi Academy's fault.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

without JA+ or more generally without any mods, the game would have last 6 months....

Again slider, how do you know? Are you psychic? Yes, the abusers and mediocre players might have left after 6 months, but the real players would have kept on playing, just as the CTF and Siege players are, joined by all the players who wouldn't have been driven away if JA+ mod had never existed, just as there are older games that have managed to thrive somehow without JA+ mod. It's kind of sad and scary that you actually believe what you said there.

 

And finally slider, do you know what an ad hominem attack is? Here, let me show you:

 

ad hom·i·nem ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hm-nm, -nm)

adj.

Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

 

The phrase now chiefly describes an argument based on the failings of an adversary rather than on the merits of the case: Ad hominem attacks on one's opponent are a tried-and-true strategy for people who have a case that is weak.

 

Ad hominem attacks are used by people who have weak arguments, so they attack the other person instead of the other person's arguments and reasoning. Examples would include:

 

"Amidala you are pathetic"

 

"perhaps JA+ will let you come back to your real nature ^^^ :

a better open minded real player that do not bash everything like a jerk ^^"

 

"Well amidala i keep convinced you are not open minded...."

 

"this is egoist and not open minded.."

 

"if you don't want to recognize it, it means you lack something (for me this is the open minded spireit which you lack of)"

 

"your only problem Amidala is that you often can't stand the difference...

 

i continue to say you lack open minded spirit...

you often can't stand that people don't think like you....

i often see you speaking as a fanatic person trying to force people to think like you think...."

 

"Amidala the only silly person is you because you can't understand other peoples tought.........

more precisely, you can't understand that people don't think like you...."

 

"Amidala you terribly lack maturity with the way you speak...."

 

and, paraphrasing, "Amidala, you quote too much".

 

Ad hominem attacks are a classic sign that someone has weak arguments. They can't attack someones arguments, evidence, reasoning, or logic, so they attack the person. I love when people use ad hominem attacks on me because it tells me their arguments are weak and they have little else to say.

 

While I have severely criticized your mod and your actions, I haven't criticized you as a person. In fact, I went out of my way to say that you are a competent programmer and probably a nice person in real life http://www.pcgamemods.com/forum/topicdisplay.php?t=95971&page=5

 

I don't need to use ad hominem attacks against you as you do against me, because I don't need to. My arguments are strong and sound.

 

So keep right on telling me I'm "pathetic" and not "open-minded" and a "fanatic". It just shows everyone who has the better arguments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol Amidala

you are often criticizing my person directly...

you say i am a good programmer only now since a few days lol

 

before you were often criticizing direcyly my person saying for example i only know how to code amkiss or i stole most of thigns......etc...

 

 

Amidala since the beginning of JKA, there are few real gamer compared to honour rpg players, without mod that reinforce honour communinity, there would be at the moment very few servers (so just the real gamer ones)

 

you are always speaking of the poeple that don't use JA+ in a good way but you never speak about the server that uses JA+ in a good way....

and there are a lot.

i don't know where you play, but i am rarely abused where i play....

 

ALso why don't you speak about all other mods that can also be used to abuse by silly admins?....

 

why don't you also speak about all basejka server that also may abuse for exemple the rcon kick cmd?

 

then to finish your strategy in only to try to find guilty to a problem that has nothing to do with JA+...

JUst because you see that JA+ is a lot used, you think JA+ is the guilty mod...

but there is no guilty mods...

 

if there is not a lot of real gamers compared to honour gy, this is just because the community is like that since JK1

 

if now the numbers has slightly decreased after 1.5 year, this just because other games have attracted more part of the gamers....

 

Again, i don't see how JA+ could affect real gaming community as the real real gamer accept no modifications and therefore they play only the basejka because they are purist....

 

there are also real gamer using JA+ and more that you think, but those kind of real gamer are a different category that in general uses very well the mod...

this category is a real gamer category but not a purist one....

For those kind of player that uses very well the mod the JA+ make no damage.....

 

there is also a category of player that like both honour and real gaming.....

IN general those kind of player as they like also real ffa, uses very wel the mod with no abuse.......

 

the real problem comes from the silly people that like to scarry people or abuse them just to fell important.....

without JA+ mod, those silly people would be as silly as they are at the moment, and they would abused in all mods even basejka ......

 

now amidla look at all the basejka server are empty.....

why?

they are real gamer clans.....

so why they are empty?

this is not the fault of JA+ because jA+ is even not isntalled on those server....

moreover they are empty....

so why?

it can be due to real gamers who don't want to play on those server because they are afraid of beeing abused by JA+ cmds as JA+ is even not installed on those servers....

So you see this is not the fault of JA+

 

perhaps if those server are empty, this is just because this clan is not as good as other clans...

perhaps the main admins do not put nice maps or nice models, or perhaps the clan mentality is not good.....

This is not the fault of JA+ if some server are empty...

this is only due to the wat the main admin or the clan leader manages his clan....

THis is even more true if JA+ is not installed on those basejka server lol

 

and stop quoting every single word of all people....

according to me the SSC clan server was just a clan with the leaders who didn't know how to keep their players...

they perhaps didn't manage correctly his servers....

Amidala no clan is ethernal...

this is the reality....

Please Amidala don't try to make a list of all clan that died since the beginning of JKA...... because it has nothing to do with JA+.....

 

Clan appear then disappear.......

and this is the case in all server whatever the mods they use....

 

 

Amidala your reasonment is simple.....

you try to list all the problem i nthe community and try to justify that it is the faul of JA+ as it is used a lot.....

 

perhaps you should do the same reasonment to basejka server as they are also a lot used.....

 

but perhaps you should only stop whinning and just understand there no guilty.....

 

but with your reasonment, according to me basejka is as guiltly as JA+ as they are both used a lot.......

but basejka is of course not guilty

and jA+ is not guilty

 

this the way the game is made that made the game with at maximum 800 servers compared to others game lwike Q3, UT, HL that have 2000 servers....

 

players that are atracted by JK series are not a majority and JK series is quite uniq in the gaming community.....

Weapons are not that good compared to other games...

JK series gamers are more saberist and force users...

weapons users come more to other game.....

 

this is a reality and stop saying this is the faulf of JA+.....

You act as a child always whinning for nothing...

 

Amidala you try to say you act logically....

but in reality you play on words and uses other speaking out of their context all the time.....

THis is not a logical way to say things...

this is manipulation way....

 

if you have the logical braind that you claim to have, learn to make mods...

it require a lot of logic....

i am sure you would be good making mod that only is like you want it to be....

SO then Amidala yo would stop whinning that this mod or this other mods or another mods is not like you want it to be.....

but maing a mod, you will relize that it will not prevent real gunner to go in UT or HL or even Q3 because they are games that are made for gunner...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

slider, I'm sorry, but when you make such a long, rambling post, I have to use quotes so people know which of your many points I am responding to. I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice. And how can you say that I quote you "out of context" and then also complain that I "quote every word"? That's contradictory. Everyone can read your posts to read everything in context.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

Amidala since the beginning of JKA, there are few real gamer compared to honour rpg players, without mod that reinforce honour communinity, there would be at the moment very few servers (so just the real gamer ones)

Again, how can you know that? How do you know what the JA and JK2 communities would have looked like without abusive admin mods like cHoSeN oNe's Jedi Academy Mod and your JA+ Mod? Yes, there would probably be fewer "no laming" servers, but that could have been compensated for by many many more "real" servers, running base games or non-abusive mods, just as there was in the early days of JK1 and JK2.

 

Too bad we'll never know and we never had a chance to find out.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

you are always speaking of the poeple that don't use JA+ in a good way but you never speak about the server that uses JA+ in a good way....

and there are a lot.

i don't know where you play, but i am rarely abused where i play....

 

ALso why don't you speak about all other mods that can also be used to abuse by silly admins?....

 

why don't you also speak about all basejka server that also may abuse for exemple the rcon kick cmd?

slider, you also said "i know a lot of JA+ server where this is alll the taime real gaming and no rules of antilaming set..." and "i also see a lot of basejjka servers with hnour rules" and I asked you to list some. We're still waiting.

 

Of course out of all the servers using JA+ there must be some using it in "good" way, like your CTF server and probably some others. Sure, there must be some JA+ servers that aren't abusive. That's good. No one ever said 100% of them are abusive or 0% are using JA+ in a "good" way.

 

But that's not the point. There are "lots" of abusive JA+ servers, as you yourself have finally realized and you are finally starting to do something about it. Too little, too late, but better late than never.

 

The few other mods that have abusive commands are hardly used, they are an insignificant part of the problem.

 

And saying you are "rarely abused" where you play misses the point. It's like saying you are "rarely robbed" or "rarely beaten up" in your neighborhood. Who would want to live in a neighborhood like that? This is a GAME, as you pointed out, it's supposed to be FUN, not a place where people are abused, even "rarely". And before you say again "well, people can be abused with rcon", then can be abused 5x more ways (amslap, ampunish, amsleep, amslay, amtele) with JA+ mod 2.2 and earlier than with rcon.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

if there is not a lot of real gamers compared to honour gy, this is just because the community is like that since JK1

 

if now the numbers has slightly decreased after 1.5 year, this just because other games have attracted more part of the gamers....

 

Again, i don't see how JA+ could affect real gaming community as the real real gamer accept no modifications and therefore they play only the basejka because they are purist....

 

slider, please make up your mind:

 

Originally posted by Slider744

let me continue the similitud....

in JK1 the real player community is omnipresent (real players are often said as "lamers" later in the JK series) in JK1, the Honour rpg begins to appear...

in jK2, the honour things is growing more and more at the same time with the need to have secure zones to make trainings to your padawan in your academy group of people...

at the middle of JK2 and the whole beginning of JK3, the honour guy take the advantage punishing and forcing everybody to play like they want on theirs server...

 

Now I see why you don't like me quoting you, it points out your inconsistent statements. But I agree with your more accurate description of history in that second quote: "honor" began as a small "cancer" in the game, and admin mods like cHoSeN oNe's and yours made the cancer bigger and spread farther with each new game. cHoSeN oNe realized and took responsibility for the damage he did, and removed most abusive commands from JA Reloaded, and you are finally doing something about the abusive commands in JA+. Both of you are too late to undo the damage that was done, but maybe some people will learn from history and we won't have to go through this again. But we probably will have to go through it again, the lure of the Dark Side (abusive commands) is too strong if they are made available to people. That's why they shouldn't be made available to people in the first place.

 

And I can understand why you are puzzled how abuse on JA+ servers can affect servers with basejka and other mods, so I will try to explain more clearly.

 

Servers, including basejka and non-JA+ mod servers, need new players to come into the game to take the place of players who tire of the game and leave. Most of these new players aren't "basejka purists", they aren't anything but just plain "new players". They don't know what "laming" is, they don't know about "basejka vs. JA+", they are just new players looking for a busy server to try out their new game. And the logical place for them to start is a busy "Free For All" server. And that means they are likely to go to JA+ "no laming" servers first. After being mistreated at those servers, many of them leave the game before they even find or try a basejka or other mod server. That's how the abuse on JA+ servers ends up hurting basejka servers, by driving away potential "real" players before they can find a server where they aren't amslapped-ampunished-amslayed-amslept-amteled into lava. I hope you can understand that.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

the real problem comes from the silly people that like to scarry people or abuse them just to fell important.....

without JA+ mod, those silly people would be as silly as they are at the moment, and they would abused in all mods even basejka ......

I agree with your first statement, but not your second one. Without JA+ mod 2.2 and earlier (or the rarely-used other mods with those commands), they couldn't amslap-amslay-ampunish-amsleep-amtele into lava, so they couldn't have as much "fun". Simply kicking someone isn't as much "fun" for them. Look how much they are complaining about losing only two of those commands. Some have even said they will keep using 2.2 because they "love" those abusive commands so much.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

now amidla look at all the basejka server are empty.....

why?

they are real gamer clans.....

so why they are empty?

this is not the fault of JA+ because jA+ is even not isntalled on those server....

moreover they are empty....

so why?

it can be due to real gamers who don't want to play on those server because they are afraid of beeing abused by JA+ cmds as JA+ is even not installed on those servers....

So you see this is not the fault of JA+

 

perhaps if those server are empty, this is just because this clan is not as good as other clans...

perhaps the main admins do not put nice maps or nice models, or perhaps the clan mentality is not good.....

This is not the fault of JA+ if some server are empty...

this is only due to the wat the main admin or the clan leader manages his clan....

THis is even more true if JA+ is not installed on those basejka server lol

One more time, I'll explain this. Abuse on JA+ servers drives new players out of the game before they can even find or try a non-JA+ server. That chokes off the flow of new players that might have ended up playing on basejka or non-JA+ mod servers.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

and stop quoting every single word of all people....

according to me the SSC clan server was just a clan with the leaders who didn't know how to keep their players...

they perhaps didn't manage correctly his servers....

Amidala no clan is ethernal...

this is the reality....

Please Amidala don't try to make a list of all clan that died since the beginning of JKA...... because it has nothing to do with JA+.....

 

slider, I'm not listing every clan that has died. I am simply quoting what a former big big fan and supporter of JA+ said what happened when he left the safety of his own server. He was "horrified" by the behavior on other JA+ servers, that's why he said "I can honestly say that this mod has ruined JKA". And he was a big supporter of JA+ mod, not some "JA+ basher".

 

Originally posted by Slider744

Amidala your reasonment is simple.....

you try to list all the problem i nthe community and try to justify that it is the faul of JA+ as it is used a lot.....

 

perhaps you should do the same reasonment to basejka server as they are also a lot used.....

 

but perhaps you should only stop whinning and just understand there no guilty.....

 

but with your reasonment, according to me basejka is as guiltly as JA+ as they are both used a lot.......

but basejka is of course not guilty

and jA+ is not guilty

basejka is used a lot, but it simply doesn't have the ridiculous amslap-amslay-ampunish-amsleep-amtele commands that JA+ has. To compare abuse on basejka servers to JA+ servers, and blaming basejka servers for driving players out of the game with abuse is really ridiculous.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

this the way the game is made that made the game with at maximum 800 servers compared to others game lwike Q3, UT, HL that have 2000 servers....

 

players that are atracted by JK series are not a majority and JK series is quite uniq in the gaming community.....

Weapons are not that good compared to other games...

JK series gamers are more saberist and force users...

weapons users come more to other game.....

The weapons in this game are just fine, and this game adds Force powers and the lightsaber to make a magical combination when the game is played as it was designed to be played.

It's circular logic to make a mod that helps gun-hating "honor" saberists drive "real" players (many of whom use guns or at least aren't afraid of using them or hate using them) out of the game, and then say "see, gunners don't like this game, they like other games".

 

Many of the players on my servers have played UT2K4, DOOM III, Painkiller, Halo, and other games, but they still come back to full-weapon full-Force Jedi Academy because the game is that good, when it is played "normally".

 

Originally posted by Slider744

if you have the logical braind that you claim to have, learn to make mods...

it require a lot of logic....

i am sure you would be good making mod that only is like you want it to be....

SO then Amidala yo would stop whinning that this mod or this other mods or another mods is not like you want it to be.....

but maing a mod, you will relize that it will not prevent real gunner to go in UT or HL or even Q3 because they are games that are made for gunner...

All the mods in the world aren't going to bring back all the players who were driven out of the game by JA+ mod. Making yet another mod is pointless, and doesn't treat the problem. The problem, as we said from the very beginning http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119796&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 is the abusive commands in JA+ mod. It's those commands that cancel out the good features of your mod. Only you can fix that problem, not me or anyone else. And I am glad you are finally just beginning to fix that problem, late as it is.

 

Originally posted by Slider744

this is a reality and stop saying this is the faulf of JA+.....

You act as a child always whinning for nothing...

 

lol, just can't resist those ad hominem attacks, can you slider? Just like an admin who just can't resist using amslap-ampunish-amslay-amsleep-amtele. Oh well, it's always evidence to me that someone is losing an argument when they sink to that level, so have a nice day slider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amidala you are wrong

honour rpg thigns is not a cancer

this is a big part of the commnuity that like playing like that....

 

your reasonment on new player would be good if only the top list of server would be JA+ and no other mods or basejka servers....

 

this is not the cases, a new player tend to sort all the servers in its UI that come with the game to go on the server with the higher number of player and the best ping.....

 

if a server abuses player for nothings, perhaps player like to be abused so they return all the time on the same server in roder to be abused?

no amidala, those server that abuse players will tend to be empty....

so in the top of the list, you will have more good servers......

Moreover i don't think you have only JA+ server at top of the list.....

at top of the list you have all mods and basejka....

 

then a new player as you say learn quickly what are the server rules....

this is displayed when you enter the server...

perhaps at first comen he does not know what laming is....

but he learn quickly seeing how other player are playing onthe server....

then all people who have a minimum in their brain are aware of the fact that when they come in a server whch are not their server, they have to flollow the rules of the server....

when you follow the rules you are not abused...

 

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

slider, I'm sorry, but when you make such a long, rambling post, I have to use quotes so people know which of your many points I am responding to.

This is not needed because you are speaking to me and not to other people.

SO you basically think other people will read what you write? lol

Quoting everything make your post so long that no body will read it.....

So this is no the worth to quote everything for other people because the y will not read it...

And so if it just for me, this is not the worth to quote everything i said because i know it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Slider744

if a server abuses player for nothings, perhaps player like to be abused so they return all the time on the same server in roder to be abused?

 

This makes no sense, this is exactly why JA is dying out, people abuse players for nothing..

 

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

then a new player as you say learn quickly what are the server rules....

this is displayed when you enter the server...

perhaps at first comen he does not know what laming is....

but he learn quickly seeing how other player are playing onthe server....

 

Yes it is displayed on the MOTD when you enter, most new players do not know what 'Laming' is, so they go ahead and play the game the way it is meant to be played, and no, they do not go around copying the ways other people act.

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

when you follow the rules you are not abused...

 

Why should they abused in the first place? Why not a simple warning? Oh that's right, because you gave admins the commands to abuse new players like that.

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

This is not needed because you are speaking to me and not to other people.

 

I'm reading all of her messages, and they all make sense, because I know what part of your posts she's responding to.

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

ALso why don't you speak about all other mods that can also be used to abuse by silly admins?....

 

Because there are no other admin mods that have all the abusive commands like yours, look and JAReloaded, Orion removed most of the abusive commands..

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

why don't you also speak about all basejka server that also may abuse for exemple the rcon kick cmd?

 

She does speak of those because those servers are not abusive,

the rcon kick command is the only admin command in basejka servers, you don't see the admin constantly kicking people for no reason.

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

before you were often criticizing direcyly my person saying for example i only know how to code amkiss or i stole most of thigns......etc...

 

 

Because you did steal most of the things, you stole the code from cHoSeN oNe and just added a few more features.

 

Originally Posted by Slider744

you are often criticizing my person directly...

you say i am a good programmer only now since a few days lol

 

A fews days? I've been looking back at some other posts, looks like they've been going back to the beggining of Feburary. That's not a few days.

 

Slider, stop thinking you're right, your arguments are not making any sense, and because of that, you lash out at Amidala... That's not right...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Achilles87

This makes no sense, this is exactly why JA is dying out, people abuse players for nothing..

 

Jedi Academy is dieing because of all the new games like Half life 2....World of Warcraft....Battle Front….Kotor 2…..and now Republic Commando (which is a good game). It's called a natural cycle of games they come they go. If you look at it Jedi Academy was doomed from the beginning Due to the fact that the game didn't have the feel of a NEW Jedi game it felt like more of a patch to JK2...If you also look at sales figures Jedi academy didn't do as well as Jedi Outcast or past Jedi games hence it will have a shorter life span then most games.

 

Originally posted by Achilles87

Because you did steal most of the things, you stole the code from cHoSeN oNe and just added a few more features.

 

Can you honestly say you have 100% proof of this??? If so were can I find this proof

 

Originally posted by Achilles87

Slider, stop thinking you're right, your arguments are not making any sense, and because of that, you lash out at Amidala... That's not right...

 

To be honest man they both have done there fair share of lashing out...Amidala has her right to her opinion, as does Slider to his. From all the Tons of messages I have read on this forum and many others from the past two years when I started to play JK2 THERE will always be the honor players and the hardcore gamers instead of arguing all the time over a Mod why not just play the game and enjoy it while it lasts??? And at least try to coincide with each other….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...