Home

Suggestions for slider for JA+ 2.3

Originally posted by Slider744

looks like chosen one is lying when he says his JK2 academy mod has not backdoors....

Chosen one can you remember when all the hackers could go on your academy JK2 mod and becoming admin just changing their names with the good char sequence ^^^^^^^^^^^^?

[bthis is totally unthinkable to code the admin login function under the player name handle code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,chosen one , there are 2 possibilities:

[*]you coded backdoors with the handling name engine in your mod

[*]or you are a very bad coder that don't know how to code things properly

[/list=1]

once again i don't know what is BOFH until razorace told me a few weeks ago....

JA+ is the name of the mod a friend adviced me to set for my mod because i was searching to make a mod that handle several modules but all in a configurable way so that you can set everything ON/OFF...

that is why the name he advice me to take was JA+ because this is JA witH/+ what you want your game look like [/b]

LOL...One thing you do good, is always entertain me.

The "^^^^^" character sequence was a bug, not a backdoor. It had to do with an overwrite of the bit in the netname define I did when I was playing around with things and forgot to put it back, hence earlier releases didnt have the bug; my bad *shrug*

Possibilities:

1) For your information the commands are not dependant on name handling code, I don't know why you said / think that. Wait and see when you download the source when its released.

2) Now your trying to insult my coding effort? Do you even know what language you are coding the mod in right now? It's fairly easy to code an admin mod, so don't think your mod is deserving of accolades because if you ask anyone here, there are probably 1 or 2 people that actually like your mod.

In closing, this is not a flame, but a simple rebuttle to your post.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed admin mod requiere 10 lines of code....

i made an admin mod starting from the raven SDK without using any other mod very easily......

All you did with your admin mod in JK2 was just 5 lines of code put with the vulcanus admin mod which had almost all compaired to what you added in your JK2 mod....

SO what you coded after the code of Vulcanus admin mod is just 5 lines of code with some bugs/backdoors in your code....

if you think JA+ is just an admin mod you didn't understand nothing to JA+.....

Chosen one if you say you just mistook when coding those bugs i call backdoor (that enable anybody to have full admin access on all server using your mod), i say you are a poor coder.........

So don't continue to instult me trying to say JA+ is unstable (which is not true) and trying to say i stole code or used code from other like this BOFH code..

Choosen you are pathetic and have no escuses with the backdoor you coded in your mod....

Indeed admin mod requiere 10 lines of code....

i made an admin mod starting from the raven SDK without using any other mod very easily......

All you did with your admin mod in JK2 was just 5 lines of code put with the vulcanus admin mod which had almost all compaired to what you added in your JK2 mod....

SO what you coded after the code of Vulcanus admin mod is just 5 lines of code with some bugs/backdoors in your code....

if you think JA+ is just an admin mod you didn't understand nothing to JA+.....

Chosen one if you say you just mistook when coding those bugs i call backdoor (that enable anybody to have full admin access on all server using your mod), i say you are a poor coder.........

So don't continue to instult me trying to say JA+ is unstable (which is not true) and trying to say i stole code or used code from other like this BOFH code..

Choosen you are pathetic and have no escuses with the backdoor you coded in your mod....

The first version of JA Mod wasn't just five lines of code added, I also changed the name of the mod :p

By your logic of a "poor coder" you must think that anyone who creates bugs are "poor coders"; therefore all programmers are poor coders.

Interesting theory...Perhaps they will add that to college courses so we can all be a programmer that doesn't create bugs.

Have you ever taken a look at your own readme file? "Fix this in the new version, fix that " I have to say your consistancy in coding is by far sub par to an average programmer.

Welp, I think I'm done with you now so I will go read something worth my time. Ciao and good luck with your mod ;-)

yes you are right

this is why i accused you to have coded backdoors in your mod because i think you are not a bad coder and therefore you couldn't coded this so big bug without making it intentionally.......

simple question why you spend to much time releasing the coded source of your mod if it is not because it take time to remove all the backdoor you coded?

and all the Fix you are refering are mainly fix of the basejka engine in my mod....

but you can't understand that chosen one as you spend more time to code backdoor instead of correcting things in the game

yes you are right

this is why i accused you to have coded backdoors in your mod because i think you are not a bad coder and therefore you couldn't coded this so big bug without making it intentionally.......

simple question why you spend to much time releasing the coded source of your mod if it is not because it take time to remove all the backdoor you coded?

and all the Fix you are refering are mainly fix of the basejka engine in my mod....

but you can't understand that chosen one as you spend more time to code backdoor instead of correcting things in the game

Wow, you are quick with responses, were you just awaiting my reply?

Anyway, it has taken a long time because honestly I hadn't had time to prep the code nicely. What have I been doing in the code? Basically going in and commenting everything I did so that people won't have too much trouble navigating through it.

Seriously, you need to get off of the accusation that you would think I would code that purposly. I was almost as shocked as everyone else was when someone told me that bug. Whoever figured that out, I sure as hell wish they were on my QA team. After I heard, I figured out what it was and told Orion, who by the way, didn't fix its entirety because he did some other things in there.

As for correcting things, there was nothing wrong with the base code. The few bugs that some of the other developers shared with us, I patched those in.

I think I've had enough bickering about everything here, I'm sure everyone else is sick of hearing it, so I will leave you alone now and hopefully you'll do the same.

Like I said before...Good luck!

• 3 months later...

JA Mod (Jedi Academy Mod I mean) was that bad... because of popularizing the abusive commands. So it could have been stopped a few times:

1) Don't release the mod to the public, ignoring the demands to do so.

2) Don't release the source or permission to use the code, despite demands to do so.

3) Remove the commands immediately and declare it closed source (might be too late then already though).

Instead you waited until JA Reloaded to "come clean" and by then the damage was done.

JA+ obviously gave the snowball a big push and gathered a lot of weight to it, but you (or your predecessor really) started the abusive snowball rolling... sorry to say.

There is one thing that admin mods are good for, and that's for machinima (making "movies" using the in-game animations). The various emotes, ability to teleport, slap, sleep or slay, spawn, empower people at any time is convenient. It's even more convenient than using cheats. So I will give the admin mods that one credit. Role Playing in JA/JK2 really deserved its own mod. An "honorz mod" could have been done without the abusive stuff, really. In the end this "catch all" approach to admin mods ended up promoting the abusive end, and shutting out the other styles of gameplay, promoting the "Virtual chatroom" phenomena, scaring away true players. That's why it was bad, in a nutshell.

PS: Let's try to leave off the flaming please folks. We can disagree, criticize, and even berate a thing (like a mod) without flaming the PERSON who made it. And constructive advice is best if you want things to improve.

I think mods that do what CO and Slider's mods set out to do in the first place could have been done without using the abusive commands as a crutch for so long. Some mod makers don't wish to admit wrong-doing by relying on those commands, others are willing. In the end the best thing for the community is improvement. I'm not saying dwell on the past, I'm saying learn from it. ;)

Reading this thread, it seems apparent that slider cares almost as little for the honor players as he does for 'real' players. The only argument I can think of for not reversing the dimension things is that the admins enjoy abusing new players, and would not have the opportunity to do so if the players entered the 'real' game by default. This would seem to indicate that slider does not care for anything other than the prestige he gains from the abusive admins, as it has already been brought to his attention that many, if not most honor 'admins' would not tell players about the other dimension. Not when they can have fun slapping and teleporting them around instead. This itself is suggested by the survey mentioned by Amidala. Slider, it says something about you that I have only just arrived, and already I dislike you. That last remark is not meant as a flame, but a suggestion that a change of attitude may be in order. One last comment. Laying the blame at the door of the 'admins' is like an illegal armourer selling guns to gangsters saying something like: "Guns don't shoot people, they can only be shot at them".

To slider's credit, he did make the Alternate Dimension the default entering dimension when JA+ 2.3 final was released (as I mentioned above, this thread is three months old). Server operators can change it to make the Primary Dimension the entering dimension, or completely disable the Alternate Dimension, and some have done exactly that. Some installed 2.3 obviously without reading any of the documentation, then asked "how come I can't get the grapple to work"? They had entered the Alternate Dimension by default, where the grapple is disabled, and either didn't realize it or didn't understand the properties of the dimensions. Instead of just using /amaltdim as soon as they entered the server, they reversed the default behavior or disabled the Alternate Dimension completely instead.

Um, this thread is more than 3 months old. Kurgan made 2 posts to revive it, I made one short post telling him about a more recent thread. Is it me or Kurgan who should be "watching ourselves"? What are you so worried about happening in a 3 month old thread?

If you havn't noticed, the thread was "revived"...meaning...it is going to be active again, so watch what you post. We don't need fights and insults being thrown back and forth. Keep it mature and civilized ( spelling? :p )

Just a friendly reminder...

This thread can get out of hand fast, so make sure to keep it mature and of good attitude. I've been kind of staying out of it since Kurgan is active in it, but still...watch yourselves.

If you havn't noticed, the thread was "revived"...meaning...it is going to be active again, so watch what you post. We don't need fights and insults being thrown back and forth. Keep it mature and civilized ( spelling? )

Yeah, I went back through the thread from the beginning, and now I see what you mean about things getting out of hand, like this guy for example:

Slider..... I guess you're a moron..simply put.

I'm talking about the version I downloaded TWO DAYS AGO...and again I asked if there was a new one released yesterday...and you havn't spoken up about it.

So you can go shove it.

I'm talking what's currently IN. I can join a server with you and show you all the numerous problems I've seen in the release I downloaded again...since you are slow...I will spell it out for you

T W O D A Y S A G O

so I assume it's the "latest" release...and AGAIN...I am asking if you released a "new" version yesterday.

I play the game everyday, not just writing up stuff.

Keep up your insults here...you won't like it.

All those I posted are in the version of this file

japlus_Plugin_V1.3beta2.zip

is that your latest?

If so...then shut the frick up until you know what you're talking about.

Since you are again slow, I will REPOST what I said so you can read it again and hopefully understand. I really do not want to report it in the language a 4 year old might understand.

Let's see...I guess I'll have to break this down for someone as unintelligent as you.

Thanks for the warning, that's really really really really good advice, and I hope everyone follows it. (P.S. I saved the complete text of that person's original post just in case it gets "revised" or accidentally deleted);)

Yeah, I went back through the thread from the beginning, and now I see what you mean about things getting out of hand, like this guy for example:

Thanks for the warning, that's really really really really good advice, and I hope everyone follows it. (P.S. I saved the complete text of that person's original post just in case it gets "revised" or accidentally deleted);)

That's what I'm here for. I was saying the same thing over and over and over and over to Slider and all he did was insult me saying I didn't know what I was talking about. I made that post to finally get his attention, and I then joined the server and showed him I knew exactly what I was talking about. That was the event that made Slider change. He recognized that he was wrong, and now he's far more willing to take in input from people about his mod.

However, seeing you completely ignore everyone else's attacks and purposly single out a post of mine that had a purpose of waking slider up...not to mention you having an attitude against me for "reasons" you know about already, I see you are here with the purpose of flaming these forums. Your actions will be discussed with the staff.

Hey, Amidala, how about you stop being a massive, politically correct jerk?

I don't care who the hell you think you are. Knock it off, or I'll knock it off for you.

Archived