Home

Console Commands (MP)?

Kurgan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, found a big important one:

PREFERENCES

Type that in the console and you'll get a bit of lag (as the game switches to windowed mode). Then a box appears with "advanced options."

Here you can turn on all sorts of goodies, including the lacking BehindView (third person view).

Have fun!

Now there should be others out there, post them as you find them.

The third person model in SP is as ugly as it ever was. The MP one is the same but with a high res skin texture. But yeah, missing animations. : (

I guess they did it this way to save memory? But others can "see you" doing all kinds of animations.

Reminds me of UT. In that game you saw others doing back flips, but on their end they were just doing normal jumps. Heh...

maybe 1/3 of the UT console commands work. Here's the list.

Console commands (these are all the commands I've found to work so far)

So in no particular order here they are.

All the debug commands are at the bottom of of the list.

SETNAME <newname> || NAME <newname>

change your name (works in network play too so anyone that was annoyed that you couldn't add clan tags to your profile just use this and you've got your clan tags).

SUICIDE

Commit suicide.

THROWWEAPON (already covered)

This command throws your current weapon to the ground.

SSHOT

This command saves a screenshot into the System directory.

FOV <number>

This command changes your field of view.

BEHINDVIEW <0 | 1>

This command provides a rather dodgy 3rd person perspective view most useful for checking out relative sizes in maps

DISCONNECT

Disconnect from the current server.

TOGGLEFULLSCREEN

Toggles fullscreen mode on and off.

RECONNECT

Reconnect to the current/previous server

PREFERENCES (already covered)

Displays the Advanced Options window

GETCOLORDEPTHS

Get a list of color depths supported by your 3D hardware

GETCURRENTCOLORDEPTH

Get the current color depth (16 or 32).

GETCURRENTRES

Get the current resolution.

tempsetres <width>x<height>x<depth>

Sets your screen resolution to the specified <width>, <height> and color <depth> for the current game. On restart resolution will be set back to original values.

TYPE

Calls up the so called "quick console". This is a single line console that vanishes after a command has been entered. It is normally reached by pressing TAB.

FLUSH

Flush all caches. Regenerates all lighting, 3D hardware textures, etc. Can be useful to clear texture corruption due to 3D hardware driver bugs.

setsensitivity <number>

Sets the mouse sensitivity to the specified <number>

sockets

Displays a list of in use sockets.

stat <something>

Toggles statistics of <something>:

anim: toggles animation statistics display

audio: Toggles ON/OFF audio statistics.

default: Resets all displays to default visibility

fps: Toggles ON/OFF frames per second statistics.

game: Toggles ON/OFF game statistics.

hardware: Toggles ON/OFF hardware statistics.

histograp: toggles histograph statistics display

ligh: toggles dynamic light statistics display

matinee: toggles matinee statistics display

net: Toggles ON/OFF net statistics.

none: Switches all statistics OFF.

render: Displays rendering statistics.

reset: same as DEFAULT

start <http://website.com>

Forces game to minimize and open a webpage in the default browser.

switchteam

Switches the player's team

Copies a report of the currently played game to the clipboard.

exec <filename>

Executes a file in the systems/ directory by default (allows you use your own custom User.ini for cfg file.)

confighash

Displays configuration information

DEBUG COMMANDS

showdebug

Shows debug information on the HUD

MEMSTAT

Show Windows overall memory statistics.

OBJ CLASSES

Prints a list of all loaded classes.

OBJ LINKERS

Show a list of active linkers (each linker is responsible for loading objects from a package file).

STAT FPS

Toggles display of current and average number of frames per second

STAT ALL

Enables all STATS displays except ANIM.

STAT NONE

Disables all STATS displays.

STAT DEFAULT

STAT RESET

Disables all STAT displays except FPS.

STAT ANIM

Toggles animation statistics display for all actors with DrawType DT_Mesh.

STAT AUDIO

Toggles audio statistics display.

Audio

Update ms

Occlusion ms

Sources Active

Sources Stopped

Sources Started

STAT GAME

Toggles game engine statistics display.

Collision

StaticMesh ms

StaticMesh Cache Hits

StaticMesh Cache Misses

StaticMesh Cache Flushes

BSP ms

Terrain ms

Corona ms

KTriListQuery ms

KUpdateContracts ms

KIntersect ms

KWorldStepSafeTime ms

PreKarmaStep ms

ConstraintSolver ms

FindModelSafetime ms

PostKarmaStep ms

physKarma ms

Temp ms

LIPSinc

Active

CurveEval ms

BlendIn ms

NormalBlend ms

BlendOut ms

TotalBlend ms

Update ms

BlendFinal ms

Total ms

Fluid

Simulate ms

VertexGen ms

Render ms

Game

Script ms

ScriptTick ms

Actor ms

Path ms

See ms

Spawning ms

Audio ms

CleanupDestroyed ms

Unused ms

Net ms

Particle ms

Canvas ms

Physics ms

Move ms

Move

MLChecks ms

MPChecks ms

RenderData ms

HUD PostRender ms

Interaction Pre ms

Interaction Post ms

ScriptDebug ms

STAT HARDWARE

Toggles hardware accelerator statistics display.

Hardware

NumPrimitives

NumSVPVertices

NumTextures

KByte TexturesBytes

KByte Total Resources

PushState ms [num]

PopState ms [num]

SetRenderTarget ms [num]

SetMaterial ms [num]

SetMaterialBlending ms [num]

SetVertexStream ms [num]

SetDynStream ms [num]

SetIB ms [num]

SetDynIB ms [num]

DrawPrimitive ms [num]

Lock ms [num]

Unlock ms [num]

Present ms [num]

StateChanges ms [num]

TextureChanges ms [num]

TransformChanges ms [num]

LightChanges ms [num]

LightSet ms [num]

Clear ms [num]

DynVBLock ms [num]

DynVBDiscards

KByte DynVBBytes

KByte DynIBBytes

NumVertexStreams

NumIndexBuffers

KByte VertexStreamBytes

KByte IndexBufferBytes

StreamSourceChanges

STAT LIGHT

This only seems to crash the game with a GPF.

STAT NET

Toggles network performance statistics display.

Net

Ping

Channels

Unordered

PacketLoss

Packets

Bunches

Bytes

Speed

Reps

RPC

PV

VoiceBunches

VoiceTime ms

ControlTime ms

STAT RENDER

Toggles rendering statistics display.

Frame

Frame ms

Render ms

Stats Render ms

BSP

Render ms

Sections

Nodes

Triangles

DynamicLighting ms

DynamicLightings

LightMap

Time ms

Updates

Projector

Render ms

Attach ms

Projectors

Triangles

Stencil

Render ms

Nodes

Triangles

Visibility

Setup ms

MaskTests

MaskRejects

BoxTests

BoxRejects

Traverse ms

SctarchBytes

MeshLight ms

Terrain

Render ms

Sectors

Triangles

DrawPrimitives

DecoLayer

Render ms

Triangles

Decorations

Mesh

Skin ms

Result ms

LOD ms

Pose ms

Skel ms

Rigid ms

Draw ms

Particle

SpriteSetup ms

Particles

ParticlesTicked

Render ms

StaticMesh

Triangles

Triangles ms

Batches

BatchedSortedTriangles

BatchedSortedSections

BatchedSort ms

BatchUnsortedSections

BatchedUnortedTriangles

BatchRender ms

UnbatchedSortedTriangles

UnbatchedSortedSections

UnbatchedSort ms

UnbatchedUnsortedSections

UnbatchedUnsortedTriangles

UnbatchedRender ms

Batch

Batches

Primitives

Render ms

Added the list to this post as this would be the proper thread for it.

-Sith

Thx Sith.:)

Originally posted by d'spadawan

Look on the net for UT commands, most of them work.

Many do not, which is why I asked, especially for MP.

;)

Also I'm a bit rusty on my UT console (it's been awhile), so some of those commands I don't know what are "useful" variables for them.

On the LucasArts forums some poster claimed that there is currently no way to boot players from your game. Anybody verify this?

Originally posted by Oidar

That poster would be correct. I have yet to get any UT admin commands to work on any type of a server. Guess we'll have to wait for them.

Not a good sign, didn't they not release the JA Dedicated server tools for awhile? Then again, you could still host a server without them, I think.

yea, currently right now your limited to hosting a dedicated server you can't play on unless you own two computers, a few basic server commands for maps, gametypes and how long you want the round to last. Thats pretty much it. I haven't seen any problem with people TKing or being stupidly obnoxious, which is probably a good thing. Infact I haven't seen alot of communitcation at all which makes me wonder why they never incorporated the voice over feature from UE2.5 but thats another question for another thread. I suppose we'll see some dedicated server tools soon enough, probably just a modified version of some alreay pre-exsisting one.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Not a good sign, didn't they not release the JA Dedicated server tools for awhile? Then again, you could still host a server without them, I think.

IIRC, the JA server tools were out within a very short time, like the second week or so. JK2 went through several updates of the dedicated server binaries even before the patch (JK2's first patch was 3 months later; JA's patch was 1 month after the game came out).

Yes, you could host a dedicated or non-dedicated server, and even join it. Not so with this game (yet)...

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of communication either.

I'm inclined to think that the people playing this game are either new to the FPS genre in general or new to multiplayer pc games.

Basically I want to be able to change settings on the fly if need be, but I don't know how to do that (or can't).

Usually what happens is the teams are unbalanced by one, or people refuse to switch teams, or you get one person who isn't really playing (CTF/Assault) but trying to deathmatch or something.

I kept friendly fire off from the start because in my experience people can't help themselves. They either get bored and decide to be griefers or they just have bad aim or forget what team they're on (easier to do when there's no real third person view).

"Usually what happens is the teams are unbalanced by one, or people refuse to switch teams, or you get one person who isn't really playing (CTF/Assault) but trying to deathmatch or something."

I can handle the teams being off by 1 person but those people that refuse to play the map type (CTF/Assault) and just DM like you mentioned drive me nuts. I think currently at this point in the games release FF being off is a very good thing cause I've gotten shot alot, and I mean ALOT by people on my team that "think" I'm the enemy. Last time I checked Trandos and Clones were easy to tell apart. The Communication aspect I think is just from pure ignorance and lack of willing. I could see if someone was making an effort to play as a "team" and use some of the radio commands(V) but most of these guys just taunt clear through a match and go Rambo right from the time they spawn in. Mind you, not everyone does this, just about 95% of the people I've came accross. No one seems to know the meaning of the word defend, or co-ordinated assault.

Dunno, when someone sends the message "hey, how do i change how my guy looks?" I start to wonder if they even know about TS. I'll probably use my TS server with a ded server once some proper server server tools are released. Till then, I'm in no hurry.

Originally posted by d'spadawan

Does anyone know how to bind voice taunts?

I wish. If you memorize them you can type it out quick, like B (the key I have bound to the voice menu itself) 1, 1 .

B 1 1

Etc.

Would be nice to bind them directly to keys though, like in UT.

Alright folks. Time for a little RC console commands class 101.

Todays subject.

Binding keys to voice taunts, speech, teamspeech and actions.

I'll keep this short simple and to the point. You people are all smart and I'm still working on some of the stuff regarding this.

To bind a "say message" or "teamsay message" to a key in RC goto your user.ini file.

Find an empty keyset. Lets use "G" for this example.

G=

Thats what the keyset will look like in the .ini file nothing special, pretty empty.

Now lets spice it up

G=say Suck on that!

Pressing G now in game will produce the message "suck on that!" to all players in the game

G=teamsay Someone cover me, I need to reload

This will produce the message, "someone cover me, I need to reload" but only your team will see it.

You can go through your .ini file to find alot of empty keysets and customize your controls to a finer level of detail then what your able to through the ingame options.

Now for some fun stuff.

G=Speech taunt 1_38

That will have your character say the taunt "You are dead"

To explain the command line above a little better each "speech" function is broken off into a subgroup. Taunts, commands, Alerts and Acknowledge.

Each work a little differently.

Taunt will access your taunt commands

Ack will access your acknowledge commands

Order will access your Command Commands

I haven't figured out what command is used for the alert menu. If someone does figure it out let us know.

Now this is my first major pissoff with how LA did some of these up. the taunts, commands and acknowledge messages are not in the same order that they are in the game.

As shown in my above example using 1 does not give you the proper 1 message instead of saying "Another Kill for the cause" it says "You are dead".

Trial and error will be the only way to figure out what each number gives you for a message. I'm just getting started on all this so anyone that gets around to figuring out what each number gives you for a message, plz feel free to post it here. I should have them up sometime tomorrow if no one gets to them before me.

Next and my final thing for this post.

Messages and actions.

You can bind a key to say something and have it also preform an action at the same time.

Example

G=Teamsay Fire in the hole | throwgrenade

Simple really, you send the message "fire in the hole" to your teammates and toss a grenade. All in one single press of the G key.

The | (Pipe I think its called, key just above your enter key) is used to stop the first command and start the next command.

You must place a space before and after the | but in theory you can link up multiple commands to a single key.

I figure this will keep some of you busy for a while so I'll be off now to do some more console command R&D and let you know if I find anything new.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

Speech taunt 4_01 acted as "pfffft what a waste" on the commandos team, I imagine it acts as "your life taken" for trandoshans. Note that 4 0 1 are the numbers used to do the taunt yourself.

4 - taunts 0 - more 1 - what a waste

I only tried it for that one so maybe it was a fluke.

Originally posted by Oidar

Alright folks. Time for a little RC console commands class 101.

Todays subject.

Binding keys to voice taunts, speech, teamspeech and actions.

I'll keep this short simple and to the point. You people are all smart and I'm still working on some of the stuff regarding this.

To bind a "say message" or "teamsay message" to a key in RC goto your user.ini file.

Find an empty keyset. Lets use "G" for this example.

G=

Thats what the keyset will look like in the .ini file nothing special, pretty empty.

Now lets spice it up

G=say Suck on that!

Pressing G now in game will produce the message "suck on that!" to all players in the game

G=teamsay Someone cover me, I need to reload

This will produce the message, "someone cover me, I need to reload" but only your team will see it.

You can go through your .ini file to find alot of empty keysets and customize your controls to a finer level of detail then what your able to through the ingame options.

Now for some fun stuff.

G=Speech taunt 1_38

That will have your character say the taunt "You are dead"

To explain the command line above a little better each "speech" function is broken off into a subgroup. Taunts, commands, Alerts and Acknowledge.

Each work a little differently.

Taunt will access your taunt commands

Ack will access your acknowledge commands

Order will access your Command Commands

I haven't figured out what command is used for the alert menu. If someone does figure it out let us know.

Now this is my first major pissoff with how LA did some of these up. the taunts, commands and acknowledge messages are not in the same order that they are in the game.

As shown in my above example using 1 does not give you the proper 1 message instead of saying "Another Kill for the cause" it says "You are dead".

Trial and error will be the only way to figure out what each number gives you for a message. I'm just getting started on all this so anyone that gets around to figuring out what each number gives you for a message, plz feel free to post it here. I should have them up sometime tomorrow if no one gets to them before me.

Next and my final thing for this post.

Messages and actions.

You can bind a key to say something and have it also preform an action at the same time.

Example

G=Teamsay Fire in the hole | throwgrenade

Simple really, you send the message "fire in the hole" to your teammates and toss a grenade. All in one single press of the G key.

The | (Pipe I think its called, key just above your enter key) is used to stop the first command and start the next command.

You must place a space before and after the | but in theory you can link up multiple commands to a single key.

I figure this will keep some of you busy for a while so I'll be off now to do some more console command R&D and let you know if I find anything new.

Hope ya'll enjoy.

Daamn, that's awesome. You're the most techsmart guy on these RC forums. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Speech taunt 4_01 acted as "pfffft what a waste" on the commandos team, I imagine it acts as "your life taken" for trandoshans. Note that 4 0 1 are the numbers used to do the taunt yourself.

4 - taunts 0 - more 1 - what a waste

I only tried it for that one so maybe it was a fluke.

Good point, that makes it a lot easier to bind taunts if you know their "number designation".

Before I found out about what Oikar said, I'd just have a sheet of paper in front of me, saying, for example, "V102=XXX".

Archived