Home

Console Commands (MP)?

Kurgan

To quote myself.

Originally posted by Oidar

Now this is my first major pissoff with how LA did some of these up. the taunts, commands and acknowledge messages are not in the same order that they are in the game.

As shown in my above example using 1 does not give you the proper 1 message instead of saying "Another Kill for the cause" it says "You are dead".

Trial and error will be the only way to figure out what each number gives you for a message.

As I alreay said. The taunts are not in order. If you were in game and pressed V 4 1. You would get your first taunt BUT to go in your .ini file and type

G=speech taunt 1_38

You would not get the same taunt. The number designation at the end also has to be the same as voice your using for your character during a multiplayer match.

joetheeskimo5, thanks for the vote of confidence. I wouldn't say I'm the most techsmart guy on the RC forums but I do try to help where I can.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Oidar

As I alreay said. The taunts are not in order. If you were in game and pressed V 4 1. You would get your first taunt BUT to go in your .ini file and type

G=speech taunt 1_38

You would not get the same taunt.

Obviously not; the number is different. :eyeraise: I think you mean:

If you were in game and pressed V 4 1. You would get your first taunt BUT to go in your .ini file and type

G=speech taunt 4_01

You would not get the same taunt.

nope I was correct in what I said.

The first single digit(in this case 1) is the taunt number, 38 is the index number where the taunt is found.

Simply said once again. The taunts are not in order.

If 38 was the taunt number then that would mean there are 37 other taunts on top of that and there aren't.

I've got my list complete for the taunts and will post it when I get home. The taunt system for RC is very different from that of UT in UT if you wanted to bind a taunt you'd simply use the command

speech taunt 1 and that was it you'd get your first taunt, not so with RC. Its hard to say why this is but either it will all be figured out and posted for everyone to have access to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One question I haven't seen addressed: if the admin of a server goes to console and says "open <mapname>" will it just kick the other people on the server or start that map with everyone? I realize it's a bit of a stupid question, but it would make things easier in the long run.

Okay I don't know about the other keyboards out there, but on a QWERTY keyboard (like the US one I'm using) the tilde key is to the left of the "1/!" key right above home row keys (NOT the numpad).

It looks roughly like this:

ESC F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12

` ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + Backspace

~ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = <-----

Tab Q W E R T Y U I O P [ ] |

The one in bold is the key you press for the console. You dont' need to hold shift for it in this game (like in JA/JK2).

Otherwise consult your control config and see if it was somehow changed (if you can change it, I don't remember).

Okay I don't know about the other keyboards out there, but on a QWERTY keyboard (like the US one I'm using) the tilde key is to the left of the "1/!" key right above home row keys (NOT the numpad).

It looks roughly like this:

ESC F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12

[`] ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + Backspace

[~] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = <-----

Tab Q W E R T Y U I O P [ ] |

See it now? You dont' need to hold shift for it in this game (like in JA/JK2).

Otherwise consult your control config and see if it was somehow changed (if you can change it, I don't remember).

But I have a finnish/scandinavian keyboard, which is quite different for it has own keys for Å, Ä and Ö. Consulting anyone for tilde would only result in "press Alt Gr+ the key next to Å". There has to be a way to get the console work by adding a command to the cfg.

• 3 months later...

All I can suggest is to contact LucasArts tech support.. and if you get an answer post it here, I'm sure others would like to know! It should be whatever trips the console in other Unreal engine games. So whatever works...

Here's one I found from trying out a few Unreal Tournament commands

~

SWITCHLEVEL <mapname>

We use it a lot to change/restart maps in the Bactaweek tournament http://www.eclipticalrealms.com/wargames/game-homepage.asp?gameid=13 to make sure clan members have not gone on shopping trips for the heavy weapons.

This command was really important for us so I'm glad this one didn't go through the mincing machine.

The OPEN command will open a map but does not do the same thing as the SWITCHLEVEL command.

The OPEN command will only have an effect on the host. Type the OPEN command when you have other people in your map and watch everyone get kicked when the new map opens.

If you use the SWITCHLEVEL command then they'll all come with you to the next map.

Try it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived