Home

Console Commands (MP)?

Kurgan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi I'm new, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to spawn weapons?

I know how to shoot while holding flag, but not that. This is a really cool forum, and I'll be back again. Thanks for anything.

Even though I told you already, I'll say for all else to hear.

First thing you need to do is bind a key to "throwweapon". Open up the console and type "set input k throwweapon".

Then whenever you have a weapon just keep hitting your binded key repeatedly and quickly. Of course I'm not sure if this is the proper way. When I've tried it something always goes wrong, guns don't fire, you can't pick it up. But it does leave a nifty pile of artillery on the floor.

**DISCLAIMER** Try not to abuse weapon spawning. It can cause some serious damage to servers.

How do you fire while holding the flag? That's a new one to me.

And as to "weapon spawning" I don't think that would work, because a throw weapon is just that. You've lost your gun and put it on the ground.

Unless you're saying this is some kind of glitch with say, "0 respawn time servers" where your dropped weapon would become an ammo pickup somehow for others... but that would still have very limited value.

Anyway, it seems that there is a real drought of information about this game, so I'm all ears. Tell me everything you know... ;)

• 1 year later...

To bind a "say message" or "teamsay message" to a key in RC goto your user.ini file.

Find an empty keyset.

I aplogize for this, since this post was from centuries ago, and it probably wastes your time in replying, but I am a HUGE n00b, and i don't know how to get to the friggin user.ini file you're talking about...anyone able to tell me?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
The third person model in SP is as ugly as it ever was. The MP one is the same but with a high res skin texture. But yeah, missing animations. : (

I guess they did it this way to save memory? But others can "see you" doing all kinds of animations.

Reminds me of UT. In that game you saw others doing back flips, but on their end they were just doing normal jumps. Heh...

There's one animation that is there, when you slide down that zip line from the gunship to the ground. That you do the same as your squadmates. It's hard to type in, "togglebehindview" before you've hit ground, so type that in, restart the level, go to the console, and press the up button then hit Enter or Return. And the reason that they can see your animations but you can't in Third Person is because when you push the button, a set of animations occur, depending on what's happening at that moment. Sorry for typing so much, I know a lot about this game.

**DISCLAIMER** Try not to abuse weapon spawning. It can cause some serious damage to servers.

Two things:

1: Weapon spawning is getting a weapon to appear right in front of you with a console code, correct? And it is considered, "noobing?"

2: I'm thinking that an empty LAN server would work well as a test, would it?

I would find out myself, but I borrowed the game from a friend of mine, so I can't play until I get it.

EDIT: I got the game back from my friend. I haven't messed around with "throwweapon" to the extent of crashing the server.

Archived