Home

I Love being a newbie! lol

yenshi

... I just got though playing an online game that i paid a monthly subscription for after TWO YEARS; got pretty darn good at it, and then decided to move on. So here I am, cold Turkey, and the first game i buy post that game is SWB. Boy! Kinda weird knowing NOTHING again and feeling like an idiot. Did I make a mistake here? I hope not... but this game isn't user friendly that's for sure. The most challenging thing about this game for me at the moment is getting an online game which I still can't do. I keep getting the following:

"Your CD key is not authorized to play this game" ( It is not a pirate copy or illegal... I bought it on the high street)

or..

" Version Mismatch " ( i have downloaded patch 1.2)

or...

"Could not join session"

one of these EVERYTIME i try to join an online game.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...
Have you tried reinstalling?

Also, what do you mean by "I bought it on the high street"?

"High street" is a British phrase for a shopping area. I think an American like me might think of "shopping mall", but I'm sure they're not identical. The point is, it's a place with legitimate shops, rather than a bazaar where you don't know the shopkeeper and they might not be there next time you come.

BTW, same thing's happening to me, and no, I didn't try reinstalling, mainly because it took so long the first time. I'll resort to it if I have to, but I don't see how it could help, since I only get kicked from some MP games. The CD key I have is clear, and it is entered correctly in the game.

Not everyone plays with version 1.2. Did the patch install correctly? If it did not, your version would be stuck between two versions, and would not be able to play almost all online levels.

Also try to create an online server. Can you do it? Can other people join it?

Not everyone plays with version 1.2. Did the patch install correctly? If it did not, your version would be stuck between two versions, and would not be able to play almost all online levels.

Also try to create an online server. Can you do it? Can other people join it?

Thanks for your replies and help, z. I suppose I should confirm what version of the game I've got now, to see whether the patch is properly in. I'll look for a version number [wonder where it would be?].

As to creating a game: I have created a few, and they seem to work to me, but I don't know anyone I could invite. No one tried to join, but that's probably because I get less than 400 kbps DSL so it's not an attractive host.

You could possible look at the readme.txt of the game. It should show the version number. Note: If a patch only partially installed, it could have changed the version number, without changing something else. I've had this problem. I can't update my game, every patch only partially works thus breaking the half game. I use GoBack to undo the patch, but I think you will have to uninstall, then reinstall the game.

1) Try to reinstall patch 1.2, then play online.

2) Try to install patch 1.3, then play online.

3) If those don't work, uninstall then reinstall the game and try playing online with out any patches. If you can play online now, you know where the problem was (patch 1.2)

If reinstalling the game doesn't work, then that sucks. Make sure you typed in your cd-key correctly. I can look like 1. O and 0 too. If nothing works, the problem would be with the computer's hardware or the CD, because I think I covered all the important software problems. Don't forget about calling Tech Support for the game. Try to return the CD and get another one if you can.

Archived