Home

Maybe America isn't as bad as we think...

Lady Jedi

Originally posted by KBell

People think the most powerful nation is going down the drain? O.o :confused:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Remind me how this makes political America suck less?

Originally posted by XERXES

But I tend to agree with InsaneSith's first sentence.

Depends of whether you think letting those in charge be there for longer is good. Then it's applicable. :p

Anyway, this is rather old - life expectancy has been going up for a long time. It's good, but then, I suppose it's not as good sometimes...it's generally the people who have the cash that get the best medical services anywhere you live. Mr. Castro over there in Cuba is a nice example. I hear he's even got a bunch of people to catch him if he falls. :D

But the melonoma is a serious thing. It's really good that rates for that are going down. Bad stuff, melanoma. Scary. :indif:

Oh, you know what, everyone sees our country as sucking when the other 90% of the world is worse. Just because we are in a stupid war started by a stupid president doesn't make our country suck. There are no other countries in the world that have as much diversity of race and religion as our country does.

People see sterotypical Americans are fat kids who go to McDonalds every day, that listen to their IPods filled with illegally downloaded music as they right to school in an Escalade while sucking on a soda. Thats not how it is.

So everyone thinks our country sucks cause people are always censored, always sueing eachother, blowing people away. Well, its not that way.

America is not the way I want it to be, the government is making stuff up, wah wah wah.... Yes, its bad. But think of the rest of the world before bithing about how stupid Bush is, some countries are oppressed and poor, while were rich and complaining when our money isn't spent the way we want it to be spent.

Just quit complaing >_>

Stop paying taxes or something, blow up your nearest Wal-Mart, then what will you prove? I don't know, if you really want to get away for the 'oppression' of the 'Man', move to some really poor country in Africa, Europe, or Asia.

ehhh....

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

I don't know, if you really want to get away for the 'oppression' of the 'Man', move to some really poor country in Africa, Europe, or Asia.

ehhh....

TiE

Actually, I do believe the preferred term is 'monkey', but I could be wrong... :p

But, let's not go that way, OK people?

This is not an America rocks/sucks thread.

Originally posted by rogue15

we?

What do you mean?

All right, people, if you guys are gonna get worked up over this, then someone should move it to the Senate Chambers.

Let me explain:

I consider people being healthier and living longer to be an improvement. That's all. I didn't mean to get into politics, I just thought that the articles were very interesting. Okay?

Peace? :D

hey look! 222 posts! yay me! :D

People see sterotypical Americans are fat kids who go to McDonalds every day, that listen to their IPods filled with illegally downloaded music as they right to school in an Escalade while sucking on a soda. ...

hey, dont be so hard on yourself man ! ;)

JK

speaking as a non american, I can say that in Australia at least, we know there are some great people on america, its just that we havent met any yet :p

*present company excluded of course*

The only parts of america I would ever like to visit/live are hawaii and skywalker ranch :D

anyway, YOU young people have to power to make a change for the better.... so get off the internet and get into public office :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by XERXES

That stuff is good, no doubt about that.

But I tend to agree with InsaneSith's first sentence.

Like OMFG teh XERXES is back! Like whoa, did you miss us? :p Seriously man, how ya been? We missed ya!

This is my favorite part of the year, where all the old school members come back from college, and try to catch up with the nonsense.

Yup, nothing new going on here either...lol!

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Like OMFG teh XERXES is back! Like whoa, did you miss us? :p Seriously man, how ya been? We missed ya!

This is my favorite part of the year, where all the old school members come back from college, and try to catch up with the nonsense.

Yup, nothing new going on here either...lol!

groovy dude, xerxes had his "im back" thread two weeks ago man, where ye been ! :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

groovy dude, xerxes had his "im back" thread two weeks ago man, where ye been ! :p

mtfbwya

Sorry man. I could blame either old age, or the fact that I just been away too much.

I COULD blame the GF, but we all know how that goes right?

I choose to blame the economy on this one as well. ;)

Oh, you know what, everyone sees our country as sucking when the other 90% of the world is worse. Just because we are in a stupid war started by a stupid president doesn't make our country suck. There are no other countries in the world that have as much diversity of race and religion as our country does.

People see sterotypical Americans are fat kids who go to McDonalds every day, that listen to their IPods filled with illegally downloaded music as they right to school in an Escalade while sucking on a soda. Thats not how it is.

So everyone thinks our country sucks cause people are always censored, always sueing eachother, blowing people away. Well, its not that way.

America is not the way I want it to be, the government is making stuff up, wah wah wah.... Yes, its bad. But think of the rest of the world before bithing about how stupid Bush is, some countries are oppressed and poor, while were rich and complaining when our money isn't spent the way we want it to be spent.

Just quit complaing >_>

Stop paying taxes or something, blow up your nearest Wal-Mart, then what will you prove? I don't know, if you really want to get away for the 'oppression' of the 'Man', move to some really poor country in Africa, Europe, or Asia.

ehhh....

TiE

Well, your country may be one of the 'best' countries in the world, but you can't say 'the other 90 % is worse.'

The part about stereotypical Americans is true. At least, for me. Thank you for enlightening me. but, you have to admit that that stereotype has to come from somewhere.

And people do sue eachother for ridiculous reasons in America, And from what I've heard, there's a lot of violence compared to other 'good' countries.

Also, people have the right to bitch about their money being spent the wrong way, cause it's a democracy.

Oh, you know what, everyone sees our country as sucking when the other 90% of the world is worse.

Well there's an American Stereotype that you're proving :p

"We are the only country that tells the rest of the world, on a nearly constant basis, that we are the greatest country in the world. And that....is a little obnoxious.

If you were in an office and there was someone there who came in every day and said..."I'm the greatest ****** here! And you sniveling ***** would DIE without me..hahahahaha."

I can guarantee by the end of the week, you'd have killed him. AND eaten him, just to try and possess his power."

Sorry...couldn't help it.

I really like the article about melanoma though, because I have an Aunt who had melanoma, but they caught it early enough that they think she's going to be okay :)

Originally posted by KBell

People think the most powerful nation is going down the drain? O.o :confused:

People only think in America?, i personaly am not obsessed with America and i bet no one is that obsessed with America, there are more important things to think but of course im talking about not american ppl.

The problem of your country is the religion, and the other problem is that you think that you are the only free country or that people in other countries like in europe is poor and thats not right i hope some day you travel around the world (bcuz aren't americans so rich?) and see how mistaken you are. And if we think that about americans its because we have seen it everywhere, i don't know how much times i have seen that a guy kills her wife to take the money of her life insurance and things like that which i see many times so well, if you see that there is something that have been done much times by people you start to think that people generally is fat, only goes to McDonalls, etc.. So due to this i don't know how you can say that Europe has a 90% of poor countries, just tell me the reason (i hope its not based in "U.S.A. is teh r1ch3st").

Originally posted by LightNinja

The problem of your country is the religion,

Whats wrong with the religion? Im not defending it or anything, Im just confused on why you would say that. Religion does cause more problems than it could ever solve, I agree with that.

TiE

Every nation has it's problems. The thing is the US hardly ever tries to solve it's problems. People speak out against the government because if we didn't no change would ever occur. Anyone saying the government is fine as it is, is a fool.

People have a problem with America because of it's arrogance. So if you want people to like you, you don't act like a major douche. You be respectful. So if you want people to stop giving America ****, stop being such an arrogant ass.

Like ET said when quoting Lewis Black. If someone in real life pulled the kind of crap Americans spout to foreign countries, that person would be dead or near dead. You just don't do that kind of stupid crap. It's annoying.

Whats wrong with the religion? Im not defending it or anything, Im just confused on why you would say that. Religion does cause more problems than it could ever solve, I agree with that.

TiE

It's because Christians try to enfore their religion on everyone else via laws. That should not be allowed. People should choose to become Christian, not be denied privileges because they aren't.

Originally posted by GothiX

It's because Christians try to enfore their religion on everyone else via laws. That should not be allowed. People should choose to become Christian, not be denied privileges because they aren't.

Wait, ever heard of division of Church and State? No one can be forced to do anything against their will. People aren't favored by the government because they are a certain religion, its not like Christians get lower taxes or anything like that. You can be any religion you want.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Every nation has it's problems. The thing is the US hardly ever tries to solve it's problems. People speak out against the government because if we didn't no change would ever occur. Anyone saying the government is fine as it is, is a fool.

Well said.

TiE

Wait, ever heard of division of Church and State? No one can be forced to do anything against their will. People aren't favored by the government because they are a certain religion, its not like Christians get lower taxes or anything like that. You can be any religion you want.

Gay. Marriage.

There, 'nuff said.

Archived