Home

School, as usual...

PoM

Ok, i've got a homework... (Yeah, that's normal..)

I'm supposed to write a novel.

It does just have to be around 4 pages.

The problem is: I am CRAP at making up storylines myself.

I simply can't do it.

However, if i start, i can write as long as it takes.

Second problem is: I still can't make up the storyline, so i can't start writing.

Got any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance,

-PoM

Originally posted by Piece of metal

Ok, i've got a homework... (Yeah, that's normal..)

I'm supposed to write a novel.

It does just have to be around 4 pages.

The problem is: I am CRAP at making up storylines myself.

I simply can't do it.

However, if i start, i can write as long as it takes.

Second problem is: I still can't make up the storyline, so i can't start writing.

Got any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance,

-PoM

Write a story (novel) about your PC from his or her perspective (1st person)...

Use your choices and such during a gaming session and go from there. Though since it's 4 pages, you might want to pick 1 planet unless you can sum up the entire game in 4 pages ;)

You could write an epic battle from the perspective of your weapon. As if it has a life its own. How it feels as it cuts through your foes. *shrug*

Atleast you'd get extra "special" attention from alot of people in white coats.

SPACE PIRATES

I can see it now.

"Call me Ismael Starlancer"

"ARGH! ME HOLOGRAPHIC LEG! Surely it is now in the belly of that great space beast!"

A reaccuring point could be that they have nothing but space potatoes to eat. The problem is that when space potatoes get old, THEY start eating YOU. :)

lol Sorry, I guess you'll have to do this yourself. :D

If i write about a weapon, a computer or... Ehm..The "Space Pirates"...

Everyone will think i'm a complete nerd!

...Well, i am.

But anyway!

Ehm...I'll try asking my sister...She might know something.

Something.

To write about.

See ya.

Originally posted by Piece of metal

If i write about a weapon, a computer or... Ehm..The "Space Pirates"...

Everyone will think i'm a complete nerd!

Nerds are kewl.... afterall as the saying goes:

"Chicks dig big............................. brains ...."

at least I think that's how it goes... ;)

Here's another idea PoM, write a novel on your "search to find a novel topic"...

Would definitely be different and just might give you extra "originality" points... (seriously)....

Write about what someone is thinking as they're falling down a very very deep hole. It goes on for so long that he wonders if he ever will hit bottom. A little later, mid sentence, during one of his ponderings, you just write *SPLAT* and the story ends. :D

Do a parody of KoTOR!

Otherwise, yeah, just write about TSL...it's not like your teacher(or whatever) has played KoTOR and knows the story already...

Unless...they're one of those rare teachers that do play video games, and is a Star Wars fan...

heres a step by step process that i like to do when i write a story:

1. sit by yourself for about 15min and jot down a ton of ideas. don't stop writing, and especially don't erase or cross out anything. trust me: you'll come up with something you like.

2. take a couple of the ideas that you really liked and develop them in an outline. don't bother with details, just start getting a general idea of your storyline. for dialog, just make note of what happens in the dialog, not the details.

3. now that you have a general storyline, take the time to start describing your characters in detail, including both physical traits and personality traits. then, come up with a brief backround story for each of them. the backround doesn't have to be detailed, but just make it so that you know how the character is fleshed out.

4. now, go back to original outline and work your characters into the storyline using the traits and backrounds that you just fleshed out. if this changes your storyline a bit, don't worry too much. that's what revisions are for.

5. revise your outline to check the plot for holes (inconsistancies that could make it unbelievable). heck, you could even leave in the holes and expose them to help out in the drama department if you so choose.

6. now, take your outline and start adding details to it. give the outline as much 'meat' as you want. the details should include dialog at this point. just remember, don't bother with advanced dialog just yet: keep it simple so that you can advance the plot. also remember not to start adding explanations for things. this is still just an outline, not the final story.

7. revise your outline and check for plot holes that may have developed in the details.

repeat steps 6 and 7 as often to make sure things work.

8. now, take your outline and start turning it into your story. add as much detail as you like and don't worry too much about things making sense. just write the story so that you have it going.

9. read your story to get a perspective on what needs improving. also be aware of plot holes at this point. you don't want your story to start falling apart at this point.

10. revise your story and make the improvements you came up with earlier.

repeat steps 9 and 10 until you get the story the way you like it. once that happens, you're done. :)

But that will take me a whole lot of uber much extra work :D

...Remember that i'm swedish?

I would have to translate the whole...everything :p

That would take the time i would play kotor2.

(YES! I finally bought it!)

Archived