Home

List the Plot Holes [Spoilers]

abespam

We all know the game was incomplete in its story telling (regardless of the open ended nature of the ending for a sequel)

list all the plot holes that you can find in the game in this thread as well as some back ground info..

this way ppl can have a better picture of how the whole story fits together regardless of whether it was that event was released in the final ver of the game

additionally if you can answer anyones plot holes free feel to .

this includes evidencing any hidden data such as the Atton Ending and other sound files that can answer these plotholes..

please read the whole thread so we dont start double dipping and when ur talking about a particular plot hole quote the roman numeral that precedes so ppl know what ur talking about.. tanx

so here were go

I - HK-50 Factory .. mentioned by HK-47 that using the HK Vocabulator on a specific planet would allow him/it to locate the factory where all these protocol assassin droids are being manufactured..

This was originally a large part of the game because the developers were going to have a droid planet which was where this factory was going to be located. However this had to be scrapped to remain on deadline. This was also going to be the location of Master Vash or so ive heard. If u listen to some of the sound files it has some dialogue between HK droids where 47 is kicking everyones ass!! Supposedly HK-47 receives help from the new HK-51 to destroy the 50 series.

There is also a sound files some where in the installed files where HK-47 says that the factory is located on telos.. this may have been a late addendum that was also scrapped

II - Lower Level on Telos Ground Base .. in the Ground Base where u get the shuttle to fly to the jedi training ground.. there is a door which leads to a lower level.. this door can never be opened

Another part of the game that was removed due to the lack of time the developers had. I have no idea what they had planned to wil this area though

III - Atris's character - this is a pretty open ended plot hole regarding the whole storyline of atris .. atris appears on many of the official images and is mostly contrasted to nihilus.. when u meet her there seems to be some sort of background between her and the exile (love interest?) and was supposedly a main character in the game.. however u only ever really see her twice and the second time just shows how she has fallen to the dark side (sort of) and that she must defeat u so that she can follow kreia.. additionally kreia starts saying that there will always be a darth traya who betrays allies when they have their dialogue.. i thought this whole thing was confusing and i had no idea why a washed up librarian was suddenly a betrayed considering she does close to nothing in the game

Originally Atris was meant to have a much larger role, there is supposedly a portrait of her some where in the game files that would make her one of ur support characters that u can choose.. this would have prob lead to a better background story (love interest as well).

Atris was the person who wanted to bait out the Sith at Katarr by holding the conclave but was devastated when Nihilus took the bait and destroyed the planet

Additionally Atris was also at one stage the Darth Traya and this would make sense of Kreia's dialogue that she was the big betrayer. There is a model of her as the fourth sith lord in the start menu (i think its atris)

As Traya the Kreia dialogue makes a lot more sense as well as why she would become the apprentice to Kreia and would go after her if she passed the test of defeating the exile.

IV - G0-T0 and remote ending .. at the end of the game the remote is meant to activate the mass shadow generator to destroy malachor V but goto turns up and confronts him. Nothing more is shown in game however if u played LS the planet is destroyed

According to some of the sound files HK-47 is meant to turn up and save the day by destroying "the fat one". It sounds as if g0t0 summons some HK-50 (or 51 im not sure) droids to protect him but it turns out that they were actually under the control of HK-47 and so goto is annihilated. Thus the remote is free to do whateva he wants (this leads on from the droid planet)..

V - Support Characters in the ending .. other than mira confronting hanharr (if u play LS) and bao bur holographic image on the remote all of the support characters of the exile have disappeared.. even after mira defeats hanharr she disappears as well..

The original ending had a lot to do with how much influence you had and whether u were male/female or Ls/Ds theres character disputes between atton and disciple depending on influence and sex as well as handmaiden and visas. In the end all of the support characters (who are all jedi by now i think) confront kreia before the exile does and are defeated.. in one of the versions atton is killed by sion and in another atton lives to accompany u on ur nexy journey.

VI - Ebon Hawk on Malachor V .. when landing on Malachor V the Ebon Hawk is seriously chewed up.. in another movie sequence it falls into the abyss.. finally if u finish LS the Ebon Hawk emerges fine and dandy and flys off into the sunset

I got nothing here.. it makes little to no sense

VII - Darth Nihilus .. other than the fact that he betrays Kreia and has an all consuming hunger there is really no background information about the sith lord.. His actual name only comes to be known when the journal quest to defeat comes up when u board the ravager. Additionaly ne information of how he got the ravager after the Malachor V battle remains unknown

again i dont have ne new info here

VIII - Handmaiden and Kreia .. for some reason as a male exile Handmaiden decides to take Kreia to Telos after the conclave meeting i have no idea y she listens to her.. secondly if u make her a jedi kreia says betrayal and atris hears those words i have no idea y it is important to kreia that atris knows she is betrayed

IX - Visas love interest .. suddenly just before Telos she pronounces her love for u (if male) but nothing is said about it afterwards

X - Ravager .. the ravager was supposedly held together by Nihilus' dark side energy for some reason after he dies his energy still holds the ship together until u blow it up

rite im taking a breather.. ive got a few more that i can think off but i'll rite them later if other ppl dont..

1. Actually, I believe that HK would have simply reprogrammed the other HKs (namely the 51s) at the HK factory (as I played the "mod" that allows you to play as HK in the factory), though they would help him later on against Goto at the end.

2. That was the HK factory, but as we know, it was cut.

3. Yup.

4. The ending was incomplete. Two ways to work, HK comes in with the 51s and saves Remote, and kills Goto, letting the small one do his job, OR HK comes, but is disabled by Goto and reprogrammed to destroy Remote, or something. That's why at the last cutscene, it only shows the planet being destroyed in the LS ending, while it shows the Exile "supposedly" claiming the dark throne and the planet not blowing up in the DS ending. And the Droid Planet stuff occurs PRIOR to Malachor V... not after. Remote has one simple job to do, blow up Malachor on the Exile's orders.

5. Yup. Though it's most likely that T3 fixed up the Ebon Hawk to pick up the Exile after s/he's done. As Kreia says: Even the little one who awaits you outside... This all falls to theory. Though Bao-dur most likely came, and died in the crash. :/ Since in the cut ending, he's not there, and the hologram of him sounds as like a last will video.

6. If you notice in the ending, the Ebon Hawk is still severely damaged. T3 or someone probably prevents it from crashing into the pit, and pilots it to the Academy. As you can see, from the ending, the Ebon Hawk rises FROM the core, therefore it had been flown under the crust, which it should have, since it shows the Ebon Hawk fall towards the core.

7. Agreed. Many theories, but I believe it is mentioned that the Exile created Nihilus through his/her actions. Nihilus was most likely born out of the Malachor V incident, and met up with Kreia later on and worked with her, bringing her down later, taking Visas as his servant, and putting together the Ravager and stuff.

8. Bryanna (Handmaiden's real name) is completely distraught at hearing of your death. Even though she doubts it, and hates Kreia for it, she ultimately makes the most foolish choice, because of Kreia's special manipulation. Also, Kreia is trying to bring Atris completely into the Dark Side, and she's simply torturing Atris' mind, slowly manipulating her, to create one more test for the Exile.

9. She always loved you. And there is nothing to say afterwards. You're on a dead ship, filled with Sith, and you're trying to blow it up and kill a Sith Lord. Action is needed, not words.

10. The Ravager was probably "repaired" by Nihilus so that he didn't have to waste energy on keeping it together and flying it, though he probably had to spend SOME energy. Just that he was completely made out of Sith energies, that even after death, the Ravager stayed together. Might not even had been destroyed without blowing it apart.

EDIT: Of course, some of it is just speculation and my opinion of things. :p

Hmm. Now, why the hell would they delete all that. Did they really have so little time or is it something else. I mean they could have included those stuff in the PC version. But perhaps LA didn't allow it?

In any case. I don't know whos fault is it that we're not playing a complete game. I sure hope it's LA's. I would hate OE doing such a thing. I belive LA wanted OE to release the game by christmas because they would get most $$$$. We all know that not many Star Wars games are good. KOTOR is one of the only ones and LA knew a lot of people would buy it given the popularity of the first one.

If people would start thinking about something else but money, Earth might not even be a bad place to live on. :D

I believe it was something along the lines of: LucasArts gave Obsidian a deadline of Spring 2005 (not exactly sure), which would the February 2005. Then Microsoft NEEDED a Christmas release for the Xbox, so they bribed LA into forcing the Xbox version to be released in December. With the change of events, Obsidian chopped out some incompleted stuff, and worked out the other, closer to finished stuff, as quickly as possible. And because KOTOR2 already wasn't Live capable for extra content, adding all the cut stuff (completely) to the PC version seemed unfair. :/ People blame LucasArts, mainly, I blame Microsoft. :lurkblast (Microsoft = lurk)

Originally posted by tomwaz

in some of the sound files their is conversation between master vash and the exile. if i remember rightly master vash sacrifices herself to destroy sion but fails and it becomes up to you.

Still, finding an arrogant "I'm certain to find a way out" dead Jedi Master in a cage, can be rather amusing, even when I was playing my lightside jedi. The Jedi Masters bugged me. Even as a Lightsider, I did like it when Kreia shows up and whacks all of them in 1 move at the enclave. Made me giggle.

More things that don't make sense:

- Kreia's "I kill everything" darkside power

- the decision of the 3 Jedi Masters

- The "wound in the Force" theory

- the "PC goes into the sith base alone" syndrome

- the allies from different planets come to Telos in under 5 minutes???? After a surprise attack by the Sith?

- the Ravagers "uber-firepower".. the Republic fleet can't touch it?? It was a part of the republic fleet!

about Dark Traya and Atris:

Jsut coase Kreia sez there will allways be a Dark Traya, doesn't mean that means Atris. There will allways be betrayers - this is logical as humans are imprefect and can fall...

@Ellderon:

- She's just hella strong like that. The Masters were in hiding for quite a while. Kreia is (supposedly) stronger than you at that point, and you could easily have raped them all anyway.

- Atris probably manipulated them into hating you.

- How is that a plothole? You simply don't think much of it.

- If you had read some stuff on it, looked over and studied, you could easily come up with a possible theory, or you could stick to the cut ending stuff. Once again, lack of thinking on your part.

- The Sith attacked while you were taking the Ebon Hawk to Telos, while you fought with Atris. That's perfectly enough time. Kreia simply stalled you.

- It wasn't uber-firepower, it was the range they were at. The Republic was too far at that point in time from the Ravager to deal enough damage to it, all they wanted to do was lead the Sith away from Telos.

- Only, Atris was SUPPOSED to be Darth Traya (if not completely, at least in one ending). There's hard PROOF in the files of the game itself!

- Because where Revan went, no one could follow, or he would risk too much. Only he (and later the Exile) could fight on par (or perhaps become stronger) than the True Sith.

- Because no one (other than Revan, or do you mean the Sith threat of the Three Sith Lords? If so, no one at all knew anything of it, except Kreia, and later Exile and the gang) knew about it. And they probably would've shrugged it off as a hoax or something, anyway.

- Because he HAS to stop the Sith. Even if he may not want to, (which he would, in the canonical LS Male, that's right, that side's canon) he must. Or the galaxy is screwed. That's probably Kreia's entire point in training the Exile, and he's probably the only one (along with Revan) who can stop them.

Of course, some of that stuff is speculation that has been integrated into my mind as fact. So, I'm not sure which stuff is true or not. Except anything about stuff "hardwared" into the game.

Alrighty, my thoughts, here simply because I spent ten minutes for writing them down here for some reason. Ionno why. I am just wacky and totally random like that I guess.

Righteo, here we go:

I & II- One and the same. The HK factory was at Telos, in the military bases sublevel. So yeah, it was probably cut due to lack of time.

III - Atris' role was definitly cut down, I think she still works as a sort of melancholy tragic love-gone-wrong type deal for the Male PC. Female PC she just seems like a useless plot device, especially since you do not have the Handmaiden in your party.

IV - Getting sick of people getting this wrong as to the nature of the cut parts of this ending, especially considering I think it's rather blindingly obvious. There are Three alternate ' cut endings'

One: HK-47 has been reactivated, but the HK Factory subquest has not been completed. G0t0 calls in some HK-50's when HK-47 shows up to Stop him, but the HK-50's can do didly sqaut since harming HK-47 would go against their self-preservation programming. G0t0 enters a logic loop and 'dies' when he realizes he cannot fulfil his programming.

Two: HK-47 has been reactivated, and has completed the HK factory subquest, there is little difference between this and the first 'ending', the HK-51's show up on HK-47's orders. G0t0, however, thought that they where HK-50's under his command. Once they tell him the straight facts, G0t0 goes into a logic loop and dies once he realizes he cannot fulfill his programming.

Three: HK-47 was never repaired by the Exile. G0t0 repairs him and as such becomes HK's new 'master'. He orders HK-47 to kill the remote. (Speculation: HK probably fails somehow, and since G0t0 Probably didn't go after the remote at all, but instead left it up to HK, he is not there to stop the remote when the remote finished preparing the Mass shadow generator, which is why there is no dialouge or sound finals in the final ship for this scenario.)

....This was cut because the HK Factory was never finished, ergo, the endings didn't really make sense without it.

V - A few of these 'cut endings' make since, a few others don't, and where probably removed for a reason. Probably the most dissapointing removal is that of the confrontation between 'Traya' and your apprentices. The Atton ones are also kind of interesting, but I think they only work well with female PC.

VI - *Shrugs* I play this one up to dramatic license. I don't believe the Exile started the mass shadow generator right away, I think he/she found the Ebon Hawk first and was well prepared to get the hell out of there long before he/she 'pressed the button', so to speak.

VII - There is almost literally nothing that I can find that was 'cut' from Nihilus. A breif scene in the Dialouge folders wherein he confronts Scion about either Traya or the Exiles death (in the completely cut 'the Exile is dead plotline, which I am glad is gone, because it seemed increadibly fractured.) However, it is brief and teaches us very little about Nihilus himself. I think Nihilus is as he was alway intended to be. A parable of sorts, perhaps a reflection of the Exile, or something, there are numourus theories,

VIII - Handmaiden takes Kriea to Telos so that Atris will execute her for 'killing you'. As to why Atris hear's 'betrayal', it is either A) because Kriea was once Darth Traya, as Atris is now, and they probably have some sort of connection. Or B), because Kriea made sure she heard it so that she would be aware of the Handmadiens betrayal, pushing Atris further down the path of Darth Traya.

Probably a little of both.

IX - The Romances of KOTOR II where very shallow..... Not much I can really add to that.

X - *Shrugs* I don't remember this peice of dialouge.....So, not much I can say about it.

Originally posted by Dragonball Fan

You're frickin' stupid. Stop asking questions and find them out on your own. If you're not intelligent enough to make sense of it all you need to read all the dialogue a few more times.

Ellderon said "things that didn't make sense", he didn't say he didn't understand them! I've written with him back and forth on some topics, if you had paid attention around these fora, you would have known that Ellderon knows and understands the story, but that he thinks it's filled with illogical holes and plot devices.

Originally posted by jblue789

@Ellderon:

- She's just hella strong like that. The Masters were in hiding for quite a while. Kreia is (supposedly) stronger than you at that point, and you could easily have raped them all anyway.

/// Bollocks. Kreia is the first party member to die in any battle.. And just coause the Masters were in hiding that doesn't mean they become weaker. I might belive Kreai was stronger than any one of them - but they were 3 TOGETHER!

- Atris probably manipulated them into hating you.

////After you saved their skinns and the planets they were on? Not blooday likely...

- How is that a plothole? You simply don't think much of it.

/// I tought very much of it. It doesn't make sense for multiple reasons. First, sine the Force is an energy field, there cannot be a "vaccum" or wound in it that destroys or sucks it...

Second, planets were repeatedly destroyed in the SW universe(like Kataar) "Wounded" Jedi should be milling all around by that theory...

- If you had read some stuff on it, looked over and studied, you could easily come up with a possible theory, or you could stick to the cut ending stuff. Once again, lack of thinking on your part.

/// erm...no..It simply makes no sense to go alone against a whole sith academy...

- The Sith attacked while you were taking the Ebon Hawk to Telos, while you fought with Atris. That's perfectly enough time. Kreia simply stalled you.

////Eh? The Sith attacked while you were on the polar Academy. There is no way forces from Onderon and Dantooine could have arrived in 15 minutes! Hyperspace travel takes hours, days.

- It wasn't uber-firepower, it was the range they were at. The Republic was too far at that point in time from the Ravager to deal enough damage to it, all they wanted to do was lead the Sith away from Telos.

/// This makes sense....granted

- Only, Atris was SUPPOSED to be Darth Traya (if not completely, at least in one ending). There's hard PROOF in the files of the game itself!

/// I don't personally like the idea, but makes perfect sense...

- Because where Revan went, no one could follow, or he would risk too much. Only he (and later the Exile) could fight on par (or perhaps become stronger) than the True Sith.

/// again, bollocks. ONE Jedi going alone against a whole empire of True sith???? Other would risk too much? LOL... They would risk their lives, as soldiers and many do every day. How is that more than when they traveled with you??

- Because no one (other than Revan, or do you mean the Sith threat of the Three Sith Lords? If so, no one at all knew anything of it, except Kreia, and later Exile and the gang) knew about it. And they probably would've shrugged it off as a hoax or something, anyway.

/// Revan knew. if he was LS, why didn't he warn the Republic? Why didn't the LS Exile warn the Republic? and most of all, why is location so secret?

- Because he HAS to stop the Sith. Even if he may not want to, (which he would, in the canonical LS Male, that's right, that side's canon) he must. Or the galaxy is screwed. That's probably Kreia's entire point in training the Exile, and he's probably the only one (along with Revan) who can stop them.

/// Ah yes...noithing can stop the True Sith excpet 2 jedi/stih?

What? A destroyer obliderating the planet they're on wouldn't do the trick? Or a million troops?

So tell me, who has a better chance of stopping the True Sith - Revan&Exile OR Revan&Exile&the Republic?

You're frickin' stupid. Stop asking questions and find them out on your own. If you're not intelligent enough to make sense of it all you need to read all the dialogue a few more times.

Dragonball Fan, if you don't like this thread don't post in it.

There were plenty of plot holes to be brought up. I guess the game coming out as soon as it did after the first one had it's effects. They should have held it to Summer '05.

But again Obsidian is no Bioware.

I hope they don't mess up NWN.

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

NWN?

Neverwinter Nights.

@Ellderon (in case you didn't know, some of that stuff was just speculation, as is some of this stuff):

I. They were out of practice. And by simple Star Wars canon, Sith Lords tend to be stronger than the overall amount of Jedi Masters. Or have you never read or seen anything to do with that? Besides, I'm betting that at that point, if you yourself had to fight them, you could quite as easily. In fact, that would have been better, to fight all three on your own at once. Kreia is stronger than you at that point anyway. Storywise. As you progress through the story, you become even stronger, and by the end of it all, Kreia is a rat's ass compared to you.

II. But considering that Vrook still hates you, and you didn't ACTUALLY save them. The only people you SAVED them from, was you and your gang. Vrook would've been able to stop the mercenaries without your aid, but in DS, you would have killed him first. Zez Kai Eli would've lived semi-happily, without too much worry for quite a while. Kavar would've been able to handle the thing himself. Besides, Atris was probably used as a channel for Kreia, who obviously can manipulate, EVERYONE.

III. Okay, my opinion, derived from other posts is this: The Exile, obviously has his *amazing* ability to easily create force bonds. Before the Malachor V incident, he creates tons of force bonds and awakens many would-be Jedi. He then proceeds to kill them all, creating an enormous vacuum or force-weilders in the force. The Exile subconciously shuts off his connection to the force to prevent himself from being harmed.

IV. What I meant by reading up, I meant the cut ending stuff. According to the cut ending stuff: Atton, Mira, Visas, and Handmaiden/Visas meet with Darth Traya on the Ebon Hawk. While you make your way to the academy, since the Hawk had crashed and you had no choice but to go on your own. T3 was fixing the ship up, Bao-dur is possibly dead. The ones who confronted Traya lose and some scenes occur (depending on influence and gender). In one scene, Atton can be tortured by Sion, and later meet up with you and express his love for you (female) while dying. Atton and the Disciple may fight each other. Handmaiden and Visas do the same. Handmaiden/Visas is told by the Exile to stay back (after ALL the stuff is finished) to teach others and build an army. Another scene has Atton come along with you on the Ebon Hawk. Mira, after losing to Traya, is attacked by Hanharr. HK goes on to help Remote and kill Goto. So that clears up the party: Atton is beaten down, possibly tortured later; Handmaiden and Visas are both beaten down and are manipulated into fighting each other; Atton and Disciple are both beaten down and can be manipulated into fighting each other; Bao-dur is probably unconcious or dead, which is implied by the hologram's words; HK goes to help Remote; Goto goes to stop Remote; Kreia's not there; Mira gets beaten down and has to fight Hanharr; Hanharr was probably finally relieved and killed by Kreia; and T3 had to fix the ship.

V: No, I said that while you were getting off of Dantooine, HEADING towards Telos, was probably when the Sith began their attack. By the time you reached Telos (which is hyperspace travel, and Onderon is closer to Telos than Dantooine) and had fought through Atris and made it to Citadel Station, the Onderon backup was already there, and Dantooine backup arrives just shortly after/about the same time as you do.

VI: In one scene that's what one of the people (a woman, I believe) on board one of the Republic ships tells the captain.

VII: Yeah, I like it a bit better with Kreia being Traya, but it would've been nice if Atris returned to fight you on Malachor anyway.

VIII: Why is that bollocks? I'll give you my more or less explanation of it all: Kreia trained Revan and revealed to him/her at one point about her knowledge of the True Sith. Revan assembles an army to fight them and is actually trying to unite the Republic in such a way that they'll be powerful enough to fight the Sith. His plans are screwed by Malak, and after the stuff of KOTOR I, he remembers about the True Sith and decides that it's far too unsafe to bring anyone else at that time, so he goes completely alone. Exile probably thinks the same thing. Of course, they may have regretted it by the time they met the Sith. *shrugs*

IX: I have no idea. Go ahead and make up your own theories. Besides, the Republic is in horrid shape anyway, mayhaps they thought (if LS) that speaking of that would make them MORE vulnerable to the Sith at that time. If the Republic were to send ships with either Revan or the Exile (IF they even believed either of them) they would probably have been destroyed by the Sith, quite easily. And with the lack of those units, the Sith would have an easier time taking down the Republic. No, I think that Revan and the Exile both knew that they should wait a while, and set up a foothold in the Sith's territory, then later call upon their allies aid. Also, about the secrecy, well, if anyone knew that there were "True Sith" there during those times, the Republic would know. But Kreia was probably the only one who knew of it, and because she was seen as an insane, senile lady, was probably shooed away by the council, and she later passes the knowledge to Revan and the Exile. Note that it's beyond the Outer Rim, uncharted territory. They might be in another galaxy, even.

X: I thought more of this and a number of words were wrong. But in what way do YOU think they would stand a better chance? Revan and the Exile going alone and establishing a small foothold in enemy territory, and learning of their foes, and THEN calling upon a more strengthened Republic for aid; or perhaps simply striking an unknown force with unknown capabilities with a fleet of Republic ships which may very well be the amount of soldiers needed to finally win the war in the end would be better. You pick.

Of course, ONCE AGAIN, half this stuff is speculation. If I offended you in any way, I apologize.

heres another q

the sith lords at freedon nadd's tomb .. there doin what exactly... sucking the dark powers out of the tomb ?.. are they going to feed this power to ol' Nihilus? .. and why does one of them fall down dead when stop sucking the powers.. seemed so random to me .. esp since u do this nearly immediately before u take on Nihilus at Telos

Ellderon, read the New Jedi Order series then get back to me on the force being "just an energy field".

As far as I'm concerend, the only cannon stuff is that from the movies. 90% of SW books are written by dozens of different authors and are given the OK by lucasarts before being adequatly checked.

Yoda and Obi-Wans explanations of the Force is the only one I accept.

One more thing:

No, the Sith don't atack while you're on your way to Telos. If they did, then when you droped out of hyperspace you would be confronted by hte whole stih fleet before you reach the pole. Besides, the animation of Siths arrival fires AFTER you fight with Artis.

And as I said again, hyperspace travel takes hours, even days.

By the time reinforcements arrived Telos would be a dead planet..or do you think the sith are going to just orbit the planet for hours, days, waiting?

If hte Sith advance was detected long before (by some border outpost or sattelite) then it makes sense, since the Republic would have time to prepare and reinforcement would arrive on time. But that is not the case, since it is stated that it was a surprise attack...

Originally posted by abespam

heres another q

the sith lords at freedon nadd's tomb .. there doin what exactly... sucking the dark powers out of the tomb ?.. are they going to feed this power to ol' Nihilus? .. and why does one of them fall down dead when stop sucking the powers.. seemed so random to me .. esp since u do this nearly immediately before u take on Nihilus at Telos

No, I don't believe they are connected to Nihilus in any way. They're just a bunch of sith trying to do something

In the guide it mentions the Sith trying to ressurect Freedon Nadd, but I really didn't get that part.

Originally posted by Ellderon

As far as I'm concerend, the only cannon stuff is that from the movies. 90% of SW books are written by dozens of different authors and are given the OK by lucasarts before being adequatly checked.

Yoda and Obi-Wans explanations of the Force is the only one I accept.

Life creates it... makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. -Yoda

If it can be created and grown, it can be diminished and destroyed. Specifically, if it's created by life, then it logically stands to reason that it can be destroyed by death.

Originally posted by Ellderon

And as I said again, hyperspace travel takes hours, even days.

By the time reinforcements arrived Telos would be a dead planet..or do you think the sith are going to just orbit the planet for hours, days, waiting?

If hte Sith advance was detected long before (by some border outpost or sattelite) then it makes sense, since the Republic would have time to prepare and reinforcement would arrive on time. But that is not the case, since it is stated that it was a surprise attack...

True, but remember that the Republic fleet was in the area anyway

Admiral Onasi (or that other guy if Revan is DS) comes to Telos when you go to the polar regions, or at least he implies that the fleet is near Telos.

Archived